Author Topic: $87 billion  (Read 1947 times)

Offline Erlkonig

• Nickel Member
$87 billion
« on: September 08, 2003, 06:10:44 AM »
is the amount Iraq doesn't have in oil revenues.

Offline Furball

• Plutonium Member
$87 billion
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2003, 06:12:40 AM »
thats great, thanks for sharing
I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know.
-Cicero

-- The Blue Knights --

Offline Fishu

• Gold Member
$87 billion
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2003, 06:33:04 AM »
Bringing freedom does have it's price

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
$87 billion
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2003, 06:53:28 AM »
that's before interest :)
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
$87 billion
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2003, 08:51:33 AM »
Quiet probation boy.  Our master plan musn't lose steam.

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
$87 billion
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2003, 09:11:35 AM »
Originally posted by Fishu
Bringing freedom does have it's price

Fishu I hope you mean that in a "nice" way and not with any sarcasm.  If so I thank you very much. :)

But generally if nothing else this should make it clear to all the world we are seriously commited to rebulding Iraq even if the cost is very high.

Offline Wanker

• Platinum Member
$87 billion
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2003, 09:15:28 AM »
Where are all the fiscally conservative republiclowns on this BBS now?

If this were a democratic administration trying to get an 87 billion dollar social programs bill through the congress, they would be going ape.

Bush is making the so-called "Tax & Spend" democrats look like penny pinchers.

At least the democrats would rather spend our money helping Americans in this country.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
$87 billion
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2003, 09:18:03 AM »
Originally posted by Saurdaukar
Quiet probation boy.  Our master plan musn't lose steam.

Dang, looks like I missed another good thread while camping. :)

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
$87 billion
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2003, 09:20:32 AM »
Originally posted by banana
Where are all the fiscally conservative republiclowns on this BBS now?

If this were a democratic administration trying to get an 87 billion dollar social programs bill through the congress, they would be going ape.

Bush is making the so-called "Tax & Spend" democrats look like penny pinchers.

At least the democrats would rather spend our money helping Americans in this country.

I don't like the fact that its going to cost that much, but face facts, it is.  What should they do, pull out and let a power vacuum be created?

What cracks me up is Bush Sr. getting bashed by the lefties for not "doing the job properly" by failure of going all the way to Baghdad in 1991.  Now that we have gone all the way, they scream about how much its going to take to rebuild it. :eek: :confused:

Offline Wanker

• Platinum Member
$87 billion
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2003, 09:25:18 AM »
In other words, Rip, you're ok with massive spending as long as it's spent on other countries?

I wonder what 87 Billion could do to help Americans without health insurance, or what it could do to for the ailing social security system?

Republiclown stance: How dare the US government try to help out unemployed or poor Americans. But spend 87 billion on a foreign country? Absolutely! The sky's the limit!

:rolleyes:

Face it, Rip. The Bush administration has declared it is time for Foreign Welfare on an unprecedented level. As with the Republiclown stance on welfare in this country, I'm sure they are going to require that each Iraqi work for their handout. Right?
« Last Edit: September 08, 2003, 09:28:00 AM by Wanker »

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
$87 billion
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2003, 09:26:44 AM »
something tells me the debt will be repaid many times over - through iraq oil $$,  a new friend in the region and the scared crapless Iraq neighbors

to say making the mid east more stable in the long run is not helping ALL Americans is foolish
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
$87 billion
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2003, 09:34:21 AM »
I think the cost of having a foothold in the center of an area that is teaming with groups that want to kill you and your family, banana, is worth its price, personally.  It might not show now (the benefit) but in the long run it will.

Can you answer the 2nd paragraph I posted? Whats up with that?

Offline Wanker

• Platinum Member
$87 billion
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2003, 09:37:16 AM »
Originally posted by Eagler
something tells me the debt will be repaid many times over - through iraq oil $$,  a new friend in the region and the scared crapless Iraq neighbors

to say making the mid east more stable in the long run is not helping ALL Americans is foolish

Just as foolish as claiming that spending billions on social and jobs programs in the good ol US of A is not helping Americans.

There's a word for this uniquely Republiclown school of logic:

hypocrisy.

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
$87 billion
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2003, 09:38:38 AM »
something tells me the debt will be repaid many times over - through iraq oil $$...

Aaah, so this is like a venture-capital kind of endeavour? How comforting for those mourning loved ones killed executing this 'transaction'. I hope the net profit is worth it!
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

Offline GrimCO

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.GrimsReapers.com
$87 billion
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2003, 09:39:45 AM »

Just like you're doing now banana?