Author Topic: Poverty up during Bush  (Read 1815 times)

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
Poverty up during Bush
« Reply #105 on: September 28, 2003, 09:58:30 AM »
Six,

I think you have to talk to Grun or Miko about labor rates, supply and demand for labor, CEO pay, etc., etc., etc.

I spent most of my working life in a Union, doing Union committee work as well. :rofl

So, if you want to pigeonhole me for your own comfort, I think you're going to find I'm a bit hard to classify.

However, like I said, you can't really consider yourself educated on a subject unless you read and try to understand both sides. I think those efforts often lead to the comments about "hmmm.. this isn't as simple as it first appeared to be."

Point in that reference is that THERE IS another side. And like most "other sides" they have some good points in their argument. They have some reasonable data to back up the points. This leads inevitably to the consideration that "hey.. they just might be right, or partially right."

Hmmm.. this isn't as simple as it first appeared to be.

:p
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Sixpence

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.onpoi.net/ah/index.php
Poverty up during Bush
« Reply #106 on: September 28, 2003, 10:01:27 AM »
That is why I took the time to read the link you posted. I didn't realize I "pigeonholed" you.
"My grandaddy always told me, "There are three things that'll put a good man down: Losin' a good woman, eatin' bad possum, or eatin' good possum."" - Holden McGroin

(and I still say he wasn't trying to spell possum!)

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
Re: Lastly, try this for a little perspective...
« Reply #107 on: September 28, 2003, 11:34:01 AM »
Originally posted by Toad

However, you can't really consider yourself educated unless you examine both sides of a question before forming an opinion, can you.

HERE?? AAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA!! :lol :rofl :lol

:D
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann