Author Topic: Al Jazeera  (Read 2972 times)

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Al Jazeera
« on: October 18, 2003, 03:33:23 PM »
why are they allowed to operate?

two more laden tapes - giving instructions to kill americans & her allies

they are guilty of aiding and abetting the enemy - shut their camel smelling arses down
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline 10Bears

• Silver Member
Al Jazeera
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2003, 04:12:22 PM »
Eagler, do you need somebody to call the police? !!!

Offline rabbidrabbit

• Gold Member
Al Jazeera
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2003, 07:42:21 PM »
A free and open press is a good thing

A press that is free and open to lie and fabricate information to achieve a political goal is very bad.

How can they claim to be supporting the Iraq  people yet go so out of their way to incite the violence that kills them?

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
Al Jazeera
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2003, 08:05:44 PM »
Originally posted by rabbidrabbit
A press that is free and open to lie and fabricate information to achieve a political goal is very bad.

Hear Hear!  Down with Fox!  :D

Offline Dago

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
Al Jazeera
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2003, 08:44:11 PM »
they are guilty of aiding and abetting the enemy

Aiding and abetting your enemy, not theirs.   Doesn't really apply.

Funny thing about Al Jazeera, they are accused by both sides of being the lapdog of the other.

I don't agree with alot of what they do and show, but they are taking the line that they will show it all, good bad or ugly without choosing sides.

Its a free press, though personally I think they are tilting a little and could certainly show some restraint and judgement.

dago
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Offline rabbidrabbit

• Gold Member
Al Jazeera
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2003, 09:33:32 PM »
There are few news organizations that are truely fair and balanced.

Al jazeera is way over the top in that the staff print articles in a very blatently biased way.  I have been following their english version website for a while and it's pretty clear to me that they have trouble with fairness.

Offline vorticon

• Platinum Member
Al Jazeera
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2003, 10:06:18 PM »
im fairly sure it has something to do with america not being in charge of other countries press...

Offline crabofix

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
Re: Al Jazeera
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2003, 02:30:16 PM »
Originally posted by Eagler
why are they allowed to operate?
they are guilty of aiding and abetting the enemy - shut their camel smelling arses down

Well, the war of Propaganda would be very easy to win, if things like this was possible.
Fortunatly, it is not possible.

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
Al Jazeera
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2003, 02:35:07 PM »

Yes, let's all switch to CNN, much safer..and trustworthy
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

Offline -dead-

• Silver Member
Al Jazeera
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2003, 02:55:11 PM »
There are few news organizations that are truely fair and balanced.

Al jazeera is way over the top in that the staff print articles in a very blatently biased way.  I have been following their english version website for a while and it's pretty clear to me that they have trouble with fairness.
Here's a thought: maybe if the Americans tried not bombing their offices and killing their staff, Aljazeera would be more inclined to be nicer and more sympathetic to the US side of the story. ;)
“The FBI has no hard evidence connecting Usama Bin Laden to 9/11.” --  Rex Tomb, Chief of Investigative Publicity for the FBI, June 5, 2006.

Offline rabbidrabbit

• Gold Member
Al Jazeera
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2003, 03:58:04 PM »
There are very very few news organizations that are fair and in my book niether CNN, fox, BBC nore any of the us networks folks qualify.  Pity those folks died but that is a risk of covering combat operations.. for all sides.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Al Jazeera
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2003, 09:53:58 AM »
Originally posted by -dead-
Here's a thought: maybe if the Americans tried not bombing their offices and killing their staff, Aljazeera would be more inclined to be nicer and more sympathetic to the US side of the story. ;)

here's a thought

following the next terror attack timed after a recent telecast screaming for our heads, the broadcasting stations lose the ability to broadcast

sat dishes and 1000' towers make easy targets

don't need to kill the american hating, terrorist loving raghead broadcasters - just destroy their hardware ...
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline gofaster

• Platinum Member
Al Jazeera
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2003, 10:06:32 AM »
Originally posted by Eagler
here's a thought

following the next terror attack timed after a recent telecast screaming for our heads, the broadcasting stations lose the ability to broadcast

sat dishes and 1000' towers make easy targets

don't need to kill the american hating, terrorist loving raghead broadcasters - just destroy their hardware ...

"Live with us now from the scene of the American bombing attack on the radio towers is al Jazeera reporter Ali Mustaffa, via satellite telephone...."

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
Al Jazeera
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2003, 11:22:21 AM »
Originally posted by gofaster
"Live with us now from the scene of the American bombing attack on the radio towers is al Jazeera reporter Ali Mustaffa, via satellite telephone...."

"...yes... yes, ok.  This just in; our report will be delayed and brought to you in 20 minutes while we bring out ten to fifteen coffins of child size and one or two old crying women for propaganda effect.  We apologize for any inconvenience, back to you, Ted."

Offline Boroda

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Re: Re: Al Jazeera
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2003, 11:49:58 AM »
Originally posted by crabofix
Well, the war of Propaganda would be very easy to win, if things like this was possible.
Fortunatly, it is not possible.

Something reminds me about Belgrad TV centre bombed to ashes in 1999... :mad:

"Freedom of press" was long ago turned into a propaganda slogan. It have lost it original meaning along with many other terms used in modern "newspeak".

Propaganda warfare is won not by bombing enemy media stations, but by turning enemy media into your ally.