Author Topic: Al Jazeera  (Read 2970 times)

Offline Animal

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
Al Jazeera
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2003, 12:03:40 PM »
Trying to destroy the free press.
What a great american...

Offline Boroda

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Al Jazeera
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2003, 12:17:14 PM »
Originally posted by Animal
What a great american...

The funniest explaination for complete dummies is that they destroy the press that is not "free", because it is controlled by "evil dictators"...

Newspeak rulez.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Al Jazeera
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2003, 12:47:53 PM »
Originally posted by Animal
What a great american...

nope, just shutting down one more means of communications of the enemy

they could edit out OBL's word for word and still get the message he is still kicking but they perefer to air it word for word in hopes it does contain messages/info the terrorists are waiting to hear

the Bali bombers have already stated an OBL message triggered their attack - but that is aok with some of you as it is "free press"

BS
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline DmdNexus

• Silver Member
Al Jazeera
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2003, 01:11:35 PM »
>>why are they allowed to operate?

Because as long as they continue to be a source of OSL tapes...

Those tapes will be delivered to that institution... and someday...
We'll follow that delivery boy back to the sender of the tapes...

And if he is still alive... he will soon be dead.

As Martha would say - It's a good thing.

Offline lord dolf vader

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Al Jazeera
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2003, 03:03:44 PM »
your chimp would be proud.

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
Al Jazeera
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2003, 05:49:00 PM »
I've seen the bin laden tapes carried on Fox too. When are the bombs dropping?

Offline DmdNexus

• Silver Member
Al Jazeera
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2003, 06:44:18 PM »
>>I've seen the bin laden tapes carried on Fox too. When are the bombs dropping?

Now that just blows my right wing conservative conspiracy all to hell....

wait...i THINK I hear something...

al-quada... subliminananblble... al-quada... dubya...
subliminanbbable... dubya... al-quada... rush limbahable...
Osmenanable dubya bush... osaman dubya bush....

Ah yes Fox the network of FEAR and Liberal HATE....
There's a terrorist behind every Bush Presidency.

Too bad, shortly after 9/11, Orwen Hatch let the world know - including OBL - we were listening to him on his cell phone... lost that source of Intel that day. Can you say grave and severe damage to US National sercurity interests.

Would have been nice to send a cruise missle right to his inner ear....

OBL: "Can you hear me, N......... " [static]

USS Cole WCO: "The number you have dialed has been permenantly terminated. Please check your local terrorist directory service and dial again."

Odd that the Bush administration never pursued prosecution of that highly TOP SECRET compartmented security leak by Senator "Loose lips" Hatch.

I just hope Mr. Hatch can sleep the next time OSL kills 3,000 people.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2003, 06:49:20 PM by DmdNexus »

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Al Jazeera
« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2003, 08:07:42 PM »
Originally posted by midnight Target
I've seen the bin laden tapes carried on Fox too. When are the bombs dropping?

I do believe after the first one, the others were not aired word for word - on any US news org j in case they were a message to the extremists

strange how some of ya side with the enemy & its allies

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline -dead-

• Silver Member
Al Jazeera
« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2003, 02:56:07 AM »
Originally posted by Eagler
nope, just shutting down one more means of communications of the enemy
they could edit out OBL's word for word and still get the message he is still kicking but they perefer to air it word for word in hopes it does contain messages/info the terrorists are waiting to hear
the Bali bombers have already stated an OBL message triggered their attack - but that is aok with some of you as it is "free press"

BS
Is that actually true or did the US government merely imply that for the requisite three times for it to be true enough for use in The War On Terror (TWOT)?

The best - indeed the only - mention I could find was a piece in The Scotsman where nameless "US security sources believe" or "the FBI suspects" ... ie no one's going to go on record saying it because there is no proof whatsoever, and the claim is therefore probably entirely specious propaganda. Or perhaps the journalist is just pulling a Jayson Blair. Do provide a link of anything better if you have it, though.

An interesting bit about the nameless "sources" of the Scotsman piece was that they were "suspecting" audio recordings of both Osama bin Laden and Ayman al-Zawahiri and whilst you're all for bombing or shutting down Aljazeera (who obtained & broadcast the bin Laden tape) - you make no mention of bombing or shutting down the Associated Press (who obtained & broadcast the Ayman al-Zawahiri tape). I presume this is because the New york-based AP aren't "raghead broadcasters" with "camel smelling arses" like the Qatar-based Aljazeera, which would seem to be the only difference - given that AP must surely be terrorist-loving and American-hating to obtain and broadcast such a message (if I'm reading your TWOT invective right).

Personally I'm fairly sure a multi-millionaire like bin Laden can splash out for a secure mobile or email with PGP or something more low tech like classified ads in newspapers to communicate any orders he might have efficiently and immediately, instead of having to rely on tapes given to various journalists. So excuse me while I put the "messages=bombing instructions" down to the kind of healthy, red-blooded, all-american, paranoid delusional behaviour which made the McCarthy era what it was.

Still we can add this to the list of things we definitely know about Aljazeera coverage: "it irritates Eagler". A definite plus in my book - although to be really worthy of praise it'd have to irritate Hortlund. ;)
« Last Edit: October 21, 2003, 02:58:45 AM by -dead- »
“The FBI has no hard evidence connecting Usama Bin Laden to 9/11.” --  Rex Tomb, Chief of Investigative Publicity for the FBI, June 5, 2006.

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
Al Jazeera
« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2003, 03:05:04 AM »
here's a thought

following the next terror attack timed after a recent telecast screaming for our heads, the broadcasting stations lose the ability to broadcast

sat dishes and 1000' towers make easy targets
]

Or you could just fly an airplane into the building their offices are located.

Offline niknak

• Zinc Member
Al Jazeera
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2003, 07:28:18 AM »
Eagler said
...american hating, terrorist loving raghead broadcasters...

Finally a voice of reason is among us. If there comes a time to negotiate a middle east peace process i know who i would send.

Offline threedays

• Copper Member
Re: Al Jazeera
« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2003, 08:46:47 AM »
why are they allowed to operate?

two more laden tapes - giving instructions to kill americans & her allies

they are guilty of aiding and abetting the enemy - shut their camel smelling arses down

muhehehe

i do not see any diferences between Al Jazeera and CNN

when there are dead US soldiers in Al J. its crime
when there are dead Iraqi Civilian/Soldiers on CNN , its good bussines ( Sadam`s son is nice example)

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Re: Re: Al Jazeera
« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2003, 09:25:40 AM »
Originally posted by threedays
muhehehe

i do not see any diferences between Al Jazeera and CNN

when there are dead US soldiers in Al J. its crime
when there are dead Iraqi Civilian/Soldiers on CNN , its good bussines ( Sadam`s son is nice example)

thanks for the insight Orel - my thread is now complete -

all the terrorist loving/US hating members of this bbs have once again shown their colors

Offline threedays

• Copper Member
Al Jazeera
« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2003, 10:07:59 AM »
just to make it clear, i vote for dark green

Offline DmdNexus

• Silver Member
Al Jazeera
« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2003, 11:36:02 AM »
>>all the terrorist loving/US hating members of this bbs have once again shown their colors

Allowing the enemy's to continue to communicate doesn't mean people love the enemy.

It takes bait to catch fish.

I don't expect the majority of the flag waving "morons" on this board to understand strategy and deception... wars are not won by heroic machismo on the battlefield.

Heck if it weren't for the intervention of career officers in the military... Rumsfield would have screwed up Afghanistan and Iraq. That guys is a menance to our national security! Can't wait until the real story about that baffoon comes out in open source.

It's interesting how the Bush Administration takes credit for a war that was won by strategies, technology and battle field management techniques which were invented during the Clinton era.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not crediting Clinton with the successes in those two wars. Instead I give credit to the planners at the Pentagon who had the forsight to see what was needed in today's battles. Clinton choose to support the experts who know what they are doing...rather than run the show.