Author Topic: Countdown!  (Read 578 times)

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
Countdown!
« Reply #45 on: September 26, 2000, 12:38:00 AM »
Funked, please stop that. Crowding this thread with reason will get us nowhere.

<G>

Offline Thog

• Zinc Member
Countdown!
« Reply #46 on: September 26, 2000, 11:30:00 AM »
When I go to a dance club and the music is too loud, I put in ear plugs.  The better places provide them free.  I don't ask them to turn the music down or change the channel.

C'mon guys... Majority rules at the expense of the minority is not a sound principle.  It MUST happen in practice sometimes (I don't want a psychopath running aout loose either), but when other options exist, USE them.  

Personally, I want to keep my guns.  And many many people on this board would agree.  And there is NO defense if I'm a nutcase with a gun, but I still don't want them taken away by somebody who justifies it by protecting their kids.  The same arguement could be made for cars.  You own one?  Then your threaten people every single time you drive it.  You need it?  Try calculating the average cost of a car on a yearly basis per person vs. the cost of a truely effective public transport system.  

The point is that most of these issues can be (and will be) argued from either side, but hopefully will not all boil down to a majority rules situation (if they do, things tend to get very ugly).  So when and where you can, use other options.  HT has another option that would do the job, so I simply think they should use it.

Thog