Custom Skins / Re: Peace River
« Last post by lyric1 on Today at 11:40:59 AM »
 :aok
Aces High General Discussion / Re: The Damned and Accounts
« Last post by waystin2 on Today at 11:21:39 AM »
Wow.  Day two.  :aok
The O' Club / Re: Hey Animl, got some ammo for ya
« Last post by AKIron on Today at 11:20:22 AM »
There may be free flyable bomber mods but I wouldn't expect much from them. Seems someone is working on a Lancaster which may be a high fidelity mod.

I've long had the Combined Arms addon but couldn't tell you what it gives me apart from not having it. Bought it back several years ago (2014) when ED was practically giving mods away.
« Last post by CptTrips on Today at 11:14:23 AM »
I have the pack. I don't drive ground vehicles but you can. Don't know about the Tiger. You cannot fly a B-17.

Sorry.  Forgot you can drive the some of the tanks.

But you need the Combined Arms add-on right?  lol.  Don't get me started on that one too. ;)

There is a flyable A-20.  I can't remember if that was part of the pack.

« Last post by AKIron on Today at 11:10:17 AM »
I have the pack. I don't drive ground vehicles but you can. Don't know about the Tiger. You cannot fly a B-17.
« Last post by hazmatt on Today at 11:08:33 AM »
-From what i read you can fly a B17 and drive a Tiger tank with this pack? I thought all this stuff was just AI.
If somebody answered this, I missed it.
« Last post by Animl-AW on Today at 11:00:05 AM »
Depends on what you are referring to.

* I'll take buy to own rather than endless subscription any day.

* They didn't have to go spend years to clean up Oleg's WWII Kickstarter fiasco at their own expense, but they did.*

* Their modules are pricey, but extremely detailed and effort increases exponentially with complexity.  It is not linear.  I think the module prices are reasonable given what you receive especially given how frequent they have sells.

* I can think of pros and cons to the Halfganistan approach.  I haven't taken a stand on that.

* They take too long to produce a module.  Even with the complexity, they have to speed up their process. 

* The WWII Asset pack made sense for a while at first, but at this point it is working against their interests.

* The Razbam thing is unclear.  Everyone is going to take a side even without information. ;)  I think it looks like a Razbam issue at least as believably as a ED issue.  Seems to be Razbam is in some violation of contract on something and ED is withholding payment until Razbam gets back into compliance.  There is as much evidence for that case as any other.  Hardball, but that is business.

* Early Access program seems reasonable given the complexity of some of these platforms.  We had plenty of fun with that APache before FCR came out.  There would have been no point waiting for that.   

* I do wonder if the whole Pre-Pay thing is more trouble that it's worth and will often lead to hard feelings.  As much as I joke about the Kiowa, I've never paid a penny for it so that is a different feeling than if Poplychop already had my money for 6 months.

Hmm, maybe bad wording, don’t get me wrong…this payment system IS popular with players, its a good selling point..however its a nightmare for accounting the second AC aren’t coming out. Great for the player, not healthy for a company. If the company suffers the player will eat it. No reason for repeat.

My opinion of the game play has zero to do with numbers, numbers are math, math is absolute. One has to separate one self from opinion and study the numbers to arrive at an accurate prediction. Mixed with odds, human nature and patterns.

My opinion?
AH - a lot of dogfights, w/ good graphics
DCS - great graphics w/ some dogfighting

Neither is better, its as personal preference as music.
A lot of people like beer, I don’t like beer, I don’t drink beer. A lot of people prefer wine, some scotch,…Different mindsets.

My objection?
Talking about McDs in Burger King is one thing, who cares? Walking in Burger King with a McDs bag and talking to BK customers about it is in bad taste, provocative. It rarely ends well. In provocation words are exchanged, words exchange promotes drama, drama is a scene, a scene causes damage. There seems to be motive to cause damage in the design. It’s similar to someone walking by your car and keying the side. It was a conscience decision. Intensionally scratch the car I love and we’re at war, rightfully so. Nothing abnormal about my reaction. It should have been predictable.

My attitude?
I don’t walk away from fights, I go face first into it. I have zero to lose, everything I had is gone x4, I cannot be intimidated. No one on earth can hurt me more than has already been done. Does someone actually think I’m going to melt when called poopy butt? I will fight the good fight, however ridiculous. I sleep well.

I’m a good human with good intentions. I disrespect, those who disrespect me. Those who respect me get the shirt off my back. I refuse to change that.

Don’t mistake my harsh words for anger nor weakness, that’s how I talk to people who push disrespect on me. Words cannot damage me, but they show me who someone is and who to avoid.

Those who life has not porked them yet, may have issues understanding my way. I’m not worried about it. I own myself.
« Last post by CptTrips on Today at 10:39:08 AM »
Couple questions on this one. I hadn't heard of it before.
-From what i read you can fly a B17 and drive a Tiger tank with this pack? I thought all this stuff was just AI.
-How is it working against their interests?

I wasn't there at the time, but from what I can piece together, back in 2014ish time frame Oleg of IL2 fame and some other Russians were putting together a Kickstarter project to build a layer of WWII assets piggybacking on the DCS simulation framework. 

This was greenlit by ED but not their project.  Like how ED greenlit Heatblur to be allowed to go off and develop the F-4E.  ED's license to go make the attempt, but Oleg's project to complete.

Well something went wrong at some point and the project collapsed leaving a bunch of players screwed who had donated.  That wasn't ED's fault but it hurt the band image so ED had to take over finish up what was already in the works and try and find ways of compensating people who had donated with store credits and such.    I think that was a mench move.

But that is why you have this weird, half-finished, strangely unfocused half implementation of DCS WWII now.  I think ED's longer term vision for DCS was a BoB and then PTO packs (two of the CEO's obsessions) they probably figured fine, let Oleg do Normandy.  Having to stop and go clean up that mess put them years behind their own plans for WWII.  I think the coming PTO stuff will be the first glimpse at what ED itself had intended for WWII.  They are probably starting with PTO to deny Combat Pilot an uncontested entry point.

With IL2 dropping the ball and moving from WWII to Korea, no might be the time for ED to make their move on WWII before Combat Pilot becomes a real threat.

The WWII Asset Pack is left over from the Kickstarter thing.  It made sense early on for them to charge separately for that to recover their costs from having to finish it and it not really being part of their stuff.  But by now, they must have broken even.   It works against their interest by being a real drag on enticing new WWII players.  No were else do you have to pay separately for the building and vehicles and AI planes you find on their other maps.  It makes WWII players feel like second-class citizens in the DCS ecosystem.  No F-16 pilot has to pay extra to have a BMP3 object ot put on a map to bomb.

The WWII Asset pack at this point should be free with the purchase of any WWII warbird or terrain as a bonus.  Let the module\map makers kick in a surcharge to ED from their sales to cover the pack costs.  IMHO it holds back DCS WWII.  Like buying a new car and then they ask if you'd like tires and a steering wheel to go along with that?  Wut?  ;)

*The WWII Asset pack is all period style statics and AI planes like the B-17.
* https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/508681281/dcs-wwii-europe-1944/comments

« Last post by AKIron on Today at 10:34:39 AM »
It's here.

Aces High General Discussion / Re: The Damned and Accounts
« Last post by knorB on Today at 10:31:54 AM »
Super ree ree decoder ring activate!

I have no self-control and will continue to post because, reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 10