Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 10
The O' Club / Re: Simulated Aerial Combat Roundtable
« Last post by AKIron on Yesterday at 11:33:06 PM »
Guns only head on engagements are the most visceral entanglements and I've enjoyed setting many of those up with a cinematographer present. Of course any well trained military pilot will avoid this if their weapons platform has a stand off advantage. We'll assume all missiles have extinguished their foe prior to the up close and personal tryst.   
ICMP is the protocol ping uses. It is often disabled for security reasons. However, if bbs.hitechcreations.com replies to pings from one IP but not another then obviously ICMP is not disabled by bbs.hitechcreations.com. Hypothetically it could be blocked for some IP addresses but not others. In this instance that is not the case. As I suggested previously and Hitech confirmed, it is a routing issue with the provider Frontier. I can illustrate further how that can be should anyone actually be interested.     
Aces High General Discussion / Re: I'm back
« Last post by Bopgun on Yesterday at 08:28:45 PM »
I’ll HO you
Aces High General Discussion / Re: I'm back
« Last post by JimmyD3 on Yesterday at 08:20:47 PM »
Good to see you back Hazmatt.
The O' Club / Re: For those who like pretty buttons and knobs
« Last post by Animl-AW on Yesterday at 08:18:47 PM »
Bringing back memories of the days our band headlined for Robin Trower, Tesla, Great White (Terry Ilouis), Faster P***ycat (yeah, the filter tried to shut me up on that one  :rolleyes:), Pop Evil, and several others 10-15 years ago. I got out of the music scene altogether, still have most of my keyboard gear, but no desire to go back.

(Image removed from quote.)

Kewl!

I have a lot of pics on my fb page.

I mixed monitors for Trower in 82, Tesla in 2001.. i started fading myself out of mixing monitors in 2010ish. Went through too much crap, biz changed with IEMs and digital mixing consoles started to become popular. The new grunge bands were a flat line mix, zero dynamics, everything the same level.. IATSE told me they’d choke me with money if I didn’t mix concerts and mix corporate. So I dumped the glory and went after the money. Boring as sin. 15 yrs of that and I don’t care who it is, I want no more.  Retiring after 45 yrs, 4k concerts with legends, and not looking back. None of it means a damn thing to me now. Great resume, had a blast on stage with the big boys. Enough is enough. My ears are blown, tinnitus, tired of plastic people. Happy just having cocktails with locals (more normal people), do something different like inner sim stuff, maybe open a seafood restaurant. Who knows, anything but that stuff.

I like the jig-saw puzzle of making vids with AH films, even if I suck.
Would like to get into sim FX.

Maybe I’m a slow learner, but I’m mentally done with that stuff, let the young guys have fun and run with it.

I’m so burned out, I don’t even own a stereo.
The O' Club / Re: For those who like pretty buttons and knobs
« Last post by thndregg on Yesterday at 07:31:36 PM »
Bringing back memories of the days our band headlined for Robin Trower, Tesla, Great White (Terry Ilouis), Faster P***ycat (yeah, the filter tried to shut me up on that one  :rolleyes:), Pop Evil, and several others 10-15 years ago. I got out of the music scene altogether, still have most of my keyboard gear, but no desire to go back.

The O' Club / Re: RIP Clarence "Bud" Anderson "Old Crow"
« Last post by DmonSlyr on Yesterday at 06:26:20 PM »
Incredible life.

:salute
Just for future reference, ping and DNS are two entirely different protocols. A DNS server may not necessarily respond to a ping, that doesn't mean anything is wrong.

Thanks Vulcan. Yes I'm aware that icmp is often deprioritized or discarded. Just trying to help isolate the issues some were having.
Thanks for the bandwidth upgrade hitech!

:cheers:

Eagler
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 10