Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 10
Technical Support / Re: Game does not work with fresh reinstall
« Last post by Animl-AW on Today at 11:04:22 AM »
I would try deleting the video config file in the settings directory and the GPU cache files.

It's a shot in the dark as I can't replicate the problem but it sounds like it's video related.

I did both.

If i use Ccleaner to flush caches and temp files I get the initial opening screen that last 15 seconds and then goes unresponsive. Open the game again I get white screen. Flush and I get opening screen again then crash. Totally weird. Never ever had this issue before.

I’m trying to avoid resetting the computer thinking I’ll go all through that with same results.

Baffled

Trying to finish motA, Had brand new issues with AHFV. I uninstalled AH and reinstalled in attempt to fix the new bugs. Now all I get is a white window when attempting to run it.

I got in instantly with new IP change. Now I get nothing at all.

Saved my settings folder. Doesn’t work using old settings folder nor the reinstalled.
Added AH to Nvidia 3D settings list.

Nothing works. Never had this problem before.

Everything was good except Fv. I use xfinity for connection

Lost in space.

Hasn't the film viewer had bugs for a while?

It was all wacky when I tried using it back in 2020
I won’t even read this ficus shifting tripe.

You spend 10-12 hrs a day harassing me. You have obsessive issues I want no where near me.
10-12 hrs a day.  Lets all think about that. Its way past the relm of ridiculous. I want ZERO to do with you, nor the other 4. Zero
Ad Hominem: The statement "You have obsessive issues I want nowhere near me" attacks the person directly rather than addressing the argument or content being presented.

Appeal to Ridicule: The phrase "ficus shifting tripe" dismisses the content without engaging with its actual substance, using ridicule as a means to undermine the argument without providing valid reasons.

Black-or-White Fallacy: The statement "I want ZERO to do with you, nor the other 4. Zero" presents a binary choice (either complete involvement or complete disengagement) without considering any middle ground or alternative options.

Overall, the passage contains multiple logical fallacies, making it less effective in presenting a coherent argument.

This passage contains several instances of logical fallacies:

Ad Hominem: The author attacks individuals personally rather than addressing their arguments or points. For example, "Some of you literally run people out just to look tough harassing people unprovoked." and "Ya shoot your mouths off, ya earn a reply that hurt your fragile butts and ya quadruple down on being dipshts..."

Straw Man: Misrepresenting someone's argument to make it easier to attack. For example, "Ya blame everyone but yourself and gaslight every situation blaming the person you attacked unprovoked." There's no specific argument presented, but rather an exaggerated version of the opposing viewpoint.

Generalization: Making broad, sweeping statements about a group of people based on the actions of a few. For example, "This small group is a cancer." and "Others are right on the money, you deserve zero attention you beg for."

Appeal to Emotion: Trying to manipulate an emotional response in place of a valid or compelling argument. For example, "Talk about someone unaware of themselves is pure projection of a professional victim 'poor me'." and "Ya really going to rampage a thread seeking tech answers? Pathedic."

Loaded Language: Using emotionally charged words to sway the reader without providing evidence or logical reasoning. For example, "The mental disorders are down right blinding."

Non Sequitur: Conclusions that do not logically follow from the premises. For example, "Its mysterious why numbers struggle?" This statement does not logically follow the preceding arguments.

These fallacies weaken the overall argument and make it less convincing.

I won’t even read this focus shifting tripe.

You spend 10-12 hrs a day harassing me. You have obsessive issues I want no where near me.
10-12 hrs a day.  Lets all think about that. Its way past the relm of ridiculous. I want ZERO to do with you, nor the other 4. Zero

This is purely on you 5, totally, own yourselves.
The O' Club / Re: Hey Animl, got some ammo for ya
« Last post by Animl-AW on Today at 10:43:05 AM »
The comments I made were about yesterday. I said I had fun on Friday which sounds like the day you were referring to.

None of the planes I was talking about in IL2 were AI. They were all real players.

Bias is picking and choosing comments that fit your narrative.
(relating comments I made on Friday to a post I made about yesterday)
(inferring that I was fighting AI when I was fighting other real players)

Would you have made the same comments about bias if my opinions of the sims were reversed and I found IL2 boring?

I think not.

I could go on but I know it would end in a dumpster fire.

If you seek a dumpster fire you shall find one.

No, I would say the same thing. Reverse game names, its still the same.

Peaks and valleys, every sim has them. But I agree, people seek what matches their narative. Which is really my whole point.

Quite frankly, when you were having a good time in AH it wasn’t flowing for me the same way at the same time. It might be the opposite tomorrow.

Moving away from game play, the payment model is next in line. Not sure I want to buy expensive modules when the future is questionable. $15 is much less the loss. Players beed to pile all the factors to decide which fits them. It’s not just going to be gameplay.

Never met a simmer that didn’t have complaints, myself included.

Dude, you have tendencies to be a good guy, wipe the chip off your shoulder, don’t force me to defend myself, I don’t even like that side of me, but I do what I need to do. I’m not out to get anyone. I came back to AH hoping to just do my thing. It hasn’t presented happy memories, so far.
The O' Club / Re: Some computer geeks might find this interesting
« Last post by icepac on Today at 10:36:07 AM »
Gary Kildall maybe? 

The first programming language and first compiler specifically for microprocessors: PL/M. (1973)
The first microprocessor disk operating system, which eventually sold a quarter of a million copies: CP/M. (1974)
The first successful open system architecture by segregating system-specific hardware interfaces in a set of BIOS routines.[44][45][46][47] (1975)
Creation of the first diskette track buffering schemes, read-ahead algorithms, file directory caches, and RAM drive emulators.
Introduction of operating systems with preemptive multitasking and windowing capabilities and menu-driven user interfaces (with Digital Research): MP/M, Concurrent CP/M, Concurrent DOS, DOS Plus, GEM.
Introduction of a binary recompiler: XLT86. (1981)[48]
The first computer interface for video disks to allow automatic nonlinear playback, presaging today's interactive multimedia. (1984, with Activenture)
The file system and data structures for the first consumer CD-ROM. (1985, with KnowledgeSet)
Aces High General Discussion / Re: The Damned and Accounts
« Last post by icepac on Today at 10:26:00 AM »
Still waiting on you, Professor!

I knew the answer and used it to win a prize at an AOPA office party when nobody answered it correctly so I’ve known it since at least 1984.
So sad

A person seeking tech help and the mental mush moves in to wipe their thread out. And ya wonder why your numbers struggle? Seriously, “why” is really a question? Some of you literally run people out just to look tough harassing people unprovoked. Ya shoot your mouths off, ya earn a reply that hurt your fragile butts and ya quadruple down on being dipshts, just to seek another butt hurt reply so ya can continue victim mode.

These are professional victims who thrive on harassing a target because they are literally addicted to victim mode.

Ya need to look no further than a bathroom mirror why people leave. Ya don’t give any consideration at all the collateral damage ya cause as long as ya get your daily dose of drama and victimhood. Ya blame everyone but yourself and gaslight every situation blaming the person you attacked unprovoked.

Its mysterious why numbers struggle?

Don’t dare talk to me about mental issues nor being under the influence.

Professional victims always looking and provoking a situation to be a victim. Taking every advantage of no supervision on the bbs to do it.

Ya had these problems long before my return, you’ll have them when I leave, it will just be a different target.

This small group is a cancer. I know angry 15 yr old girls who cause less drama. Ta run off someone who donates their time to try to help the game just to be in the spotlight of being a victim of yourselves, and you’re proud of it. The mental disorders are down right blinding. This is what you want new or return players to see?

Others are right on the money, you deserve zero attention you beg for. You don’t care who you run off to achieve it.

Talk about someone unaware of themselves is pure projection of a professional victim “poor me”.

Ya really going to rampage a thread seeking tech answers? Pathedic.

This passage contains several instances of logical fallacies:

Ad Hominem: The author attacks individuals personally rather than addressing their arguments or points. For example, "Some of you literally run people out just to look tough harassing people unprovoked." and "Ya shoot your mouths off, ya earn a reply that hurt your fragile butts and ya quadruple down on being dipshts..."

Straw Man: Misrepresenting someone's argument to make it easier to attack. For example, "Ya blame everyone but yourself and gaslight every situation blaming the person you attacked unprovoked." There's no specific argument presented, but rather an exaggerated version of the opposing viewpoint.

Generalization: Making broad, sweeping statements about a group of people based on the actions of a few. For example, "This small group is a cancer." and "Others are right on the money, you deserve zero attention you beg for."

Appeal to Emotion: Trying to manipulate an emotional response in place of a valid or compelling argument. For example, "Talk about someone unaware of themselves is pure projection of a professional victim 'poor me'." and "Ya really going to rampage a thread seeking tech answers? Pathedic."

Loaded Language: Using emotionally charged words to sway the reader without providing evidence or logical reasoning. For example, "The mental disorders are down right blinding."

Non Sequitur: Conclusions that do not logically follow from the premises. For example, "Its mysterious why numbers struggle?" This statement does not logically follow the preceding arguments.

These fallacies weaken the overall argument and make it less convincing.

The O' Club / Re: Simulated Aerial Combat Roundtable
« Last post by AKIron on Today at 10:23:07 AM »
After one takeoff and one landing in the new F-4E I decided it was time to try air refueling. I am not prepared. Something I just learned is that the trim won't work if you have force feedback enabled in the options-misc page. And you need a well trimmed phantom before getting close to the tanker. Something else I'm going to have to look at is the AB detent. In every other aircraft my physical Warthog detent matches the aircraft AB. In the F-4 it doesn't.
The O' Club / Re: Bad Me and Ocean
« Last post by -gg- on Today at 10:21:05 AM »
I listened to that last night. I was going to put that on an analyzer and post some pictures of a graph and see what it looks like compared to OCEAN, but I didn't have time. I'll do that in a day or so. Should be interesting
hat
But I'll tell you what I heard in that song you posted that's different.

I'm hear a lot more of a squashed sound. What I mean by that, the mastering is pushing the volume louder and in doing that, the limiter is squishing the sound more. That's a sound I don't care for - but it's a more "modern" sound, I guess.

Modern songs have less dynamic range a lot of times because that's the trade off for going louder.

I think people get used to that kind of sound and expect it, but it's not a good sound in my opinion.

But that's just it. It's only opinion and taste. People like what they like.

That kind of thing will sound louder on earbuds and smaller speakers.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 10