Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 10
The O' Club / Re: RIP Clarence "Bud" Anderson "Old Crow"
« Last post by Hajo on Today at 05:28:49 PM »
Met him at the Air Warrior con in 2000.  Nice Gentleman.

He autographed his book for me.  To Fly and Fight.  It's a great read.

Hajo
Films and Screenshots / Re: Bombing GV's from 30k
« Last post by icepac on Today at 05:26:39 PM »
I used to down enemy hq without my entire loadout and use left over bomb on m3 resuppliers.

Biggamer was not happy.
I also use Frontier and can only access this forum through a VPN. I'll open a ticket with Frontier too.
All,

One of our squad members is still having issues with the website and the game.  He's trying to download AH for a fresh start, but it won't download for him.  He does have Frontier and has called them and has been in Contact with Dale, reset his routers, tried the fix that was posted here, etc.

Any ideas from the group?  It would be much appreciated.

>S<
Titan

That is a bummer if Dale can't help.  There was a link to download a working version or the game a couple days ago.  I think BigR posted it somewhere.

Seemed to work for a few guys.  Kind of sounds like another IP issue on the server side.

Id say it is more likely the infrastructure in the Dallas area due to the storms. I know Ive had trouble getting to the BBS on and off today. And then "Frontier" is another issue. Id give it a couple days to see if it clears up before Id start to do major fixes on my computer.
All,

One of our squad members is still having issues with the website and the game.  He's trying to download AH for a fresh start, but it won't download for him.  He does have Frontier and has called them and has been in Contact with Dale, reset his routers, tried the fix that was posted here, etc.

Any ideas from the group?  It would be much appreciated.

>S<
Titan
Approach it level.  Technique I was taught, drive straight at the boom like it’s going to tap you between the eyes.  When it gets scary close, the boomer will fly it around your canopy and up to plug into your receptacle.  All of this is done at a slow, methodical pace.  Ideally, when the two Captain’s bars on the belly of the tanker are illuminated, you’re in the perfect position.  Not sure how DCS does this part.  If the “boomer” doesn’t fly it around your canopy, it may require offsetting and driving in.  Coming up and in from below complicates the process.

Thanks you sir. I was thinking of the level approach
The O' Club / Re: Richard Bong's P-38 Recovered!
« Last post by Shrike on Today at 03:20:32 PM »
My journalism career is over :).  I saw another article which looked like part of the nose art was recovered but they must have been showing an image of the plane.
Puma, When approaching the tanker do you come in level with it or from underneath it?

Approach it level.  Technique I was taught, drive straight at the boom like it’s going to tap you between the eyes.  When it gets scary close, the boomer will fly it around your canopy and up to plug into your receptacle.  All of this is done at a slow, methodical pace.  Ideally, when the two Captain’s bars on the belly of the tanker are illuminated, you’re in the perfect position.  Not sure how DCS does this part.  If the “boomer” doesn’t fly it around your canopy, it may require offsetting and driving in.  Coming up and in from below complicates the process.
The acceleration when burners are selected doesn’t feel quite as aggressive but, it has been a couple of years.  The Rhino has a “soft” burner light vs the “hard” light of the F-106, meaning the Six produced a significantly loud and instant, window rattling, BOOM when lit.  The Rhino, not so much.  Not the BOOM but, loud enough.

Puma, When approaching the tanker do you come in level with it or from underneath it?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 10