Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 10
The O' Club / Re: Simulated Aerial Combat Roundtable
« Last post by Animl-AW on Today at 10:23:24 PM »
If don't see much different in the flight model in how the P47D-30 compares to the P47N here. Graphics are better in DCS but learning curve is higher and the AI gets too gamey for me. Populations of real players is possible but pings make it unplayable at times, especially if the don't speak English. So I have to revert back to fighting AI targets, which I personally loathe. Maps are 30 or 40 bucks a piece and the planes are 80 bucks. .....and ya gotta study.

On the other hand the mission editor in DSC is brilliant.

AI is an absolute buzz-kill for me. Probably ranks on the top of reasons I have zero interest, next to money pit.
« Last post by Animl-AW on Today at 10:19:36 PM »
Your proclamations might have more substance if you had actually spent any time with DCS. After claiming the terrain in AH is superior it became obvious you have not.

WHOA!, I never said AH terrain was superior, I said DCS terrain looked like 90s graphics,... which turned out to be Dickwoods videos were lame quality.

I tried DCS years ago, when I caught on to the pay method rip and the computer I'd need at the time,... it didn't retain my interest. I don't want to spend time in it, I want to fly and fight.

Maybe it's a good hobby for those no longer seeking adrenaline flow. Not my type of fun. I'll do me.
The O' Club / Re: What IF
« Last post by Animl-AW on Today at 10:02:58 PM »
And for all the crap people talk about DCS, they are just not ready for that level of immersion and excitement.

You've been told 300 times.
There's a difference between "ready for" and "desire it". Seems you're not ready for actual fighting.
And that's just the beginning of it.
The O' Club / Re: Tornadoes
« Last post by Chris79 on Today at 09:34:22 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

No reports of injuries or even damage as for yet, but what kinda irks me is that no sirens went off in town and the warning on my phone didn't go off until about 15 minutes after it went through.
That’s one helluva haul
Shield
Custom Skins / Re: High Altitude 109
« Last post by Banshee7 on Today at 09:26:43 PM »
Well, crap.  Now I gotta choose between that one and the night fighter skin you made...  That is super cool! :salute
The O' Club / Re: Tornadoes
« Last post by The Fugitive on Today at 09:15:39 PM »
Well, I'll be damned (used to be Damned), what a great tip!

Thanks for this and all the other tips and hints you provide. Good stuff.

:aok
Custom Skins / Re: High Altitude 109
« Last post by Vraciu on Today at 09:02:09 PM »
Outstanding. 
« Last post by uptown on Today at 08:56:45 PM »
If don't see much different in the flight model in how the P47D-30 compares to the P47N here. Graphics are better in DCS but learning curve is higher and the AI gets too gamey for me. Populations of real players is possible but pings make it unplayable at times, especially if the don't speak English. So I have to revert back to fighting AI targets, which I personally loathe. Maps are 30 or 40 bucks a piece and the planes are 80 bucks. .....and ya gotta study.

On the other hand the mission editor in DSC is brilliant.
The O' Club / Re: What IF
« Last post by Lusche on Today at 08:50:55 PM »
What happened to the game for such low numbers in that time?

There is no specific single event that caused it. It's just a long decline in player numbers since about 2010. Basically, the game can't attract enough fresh blood. (And no that's not just a 'lack of advertising)

Aces High General Discussion / Re: April - no late war planes in ma
« Last post by flippz on Today at 08:43:17 PM »
I been using the 109g2 almost exclusively in April. Gonna stick with it’s a great turn and burner and it shoots up like a rocket going after flipz in his ta152 or silentd in his 190d 😆   
Umm I don’t fly the ta152
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 10