Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 10
The O' Club / Re: Simulated Aerial Combat Roundtable
« Last post by AKIron on Today at 10:24:34 AM »
« Last post by CptTrips on Today at 10:23:31 AM »
I plan on spending a lot of time this summer learning the game.  Gonna stick with very limited amount of free stuff (like the 51 and A4). Whenever I feel comfortable, I've got my eyes on the F-16  :joystick: :aok

I really appreciate all of your inputs.

You might consider the F-5 also.

You might also try some of the servers before buying any modules.  What they allow might color your choices.

And check first if what you are interested in has a trial period.

And wait for a sale. ;)

« Last post by Banshee7 on Today at 10:19:00 AM »
I plan on spending a lot of time this summer learning the game.  Gonna stick with very limited amount of free stuff (like the 51 and A4). Whenever I feel comfortable, I've got my eyes on the F-16  :joystick: :aok

I really appreciate all of your inputs. 
All things VR / Re: Oculus question
« Last post by Goat1 on Today at 10:08:35 AM »
Thanks Spikes, the ability to drink beer while playing is an
important aspect for me.

Goat
« Last post by AKIron on Today at 10:04:18 AM »
Yeah, they released it early to many of the content makers. Lots of videos on it.
All things VR / Re: Oculus question
« Last post by Spikes on Today at 10:02:41 AM »
The storage aspect is only for having games on the headset. If you're just playing AH using the link cable or airlink, the storage is irrelevant FWIW.

To echo Fugi - Voice Attack is great, I don't use it for AH but I do for IL2 and it's a godsend. I too can see through the nose bridge area just enough to have an idea of where my hands are and most importantly pick up my beer/cocktail. :)

« Last post by hazmatt on Today at 09:59:33 AM »
Looks like somebody got a hold of an Phantom.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtqYc6NDYjo
« Last post by AKIron on Today at 09:50:54 AM »
Little doubt there will be a Memorial Day sale starting soon.
« Last post by AKIron on Today at 09:37:06 AM »
Not all free mods are well behaved. If you're the adventurous sort and want to try many then get OVGME. It's a free file utility for enabling and disabling mods. I turn them on only when using a free mod then I turn it off. The mods are not all standardized in their download format so you may have to do a little tweaking. That's easy once you understand the file structure for the mods. I have made videos on this. If you run into trouble sing out.

There are MANY instructional videos on everything DCS. Grim Reapers do some pretty good ones. They strike a good balance between thoroughness and brevity imo.

And when you think you need a little humility try the air refueling.  ;)
« Last post by CptTrips on Today at 09:12:40 AM »
I'm going to be diving into all that maybe this afternoon.  I start summer break next week, so that's when I plan on really jumping in.  I'm just trying to get everything going.  I know I want to download the free A4 mod.  Are there any other mods, maps, missions, etc... that I should get.  I just want to fly around in pretty planes for a little while offline before I get plastered in the pretty skies  :D

I think Iron had it right. 

Get the Marianas map (free).
Get the A-4 mod (free).
Get the Blackhawk mod (free)  Worth giving a try to see if helo are of any interest.
Fly the free TF-51 to gauge FM differences between props and jets.

Take your time.  DCS is a study sim.  There is a lot to learn, just enjoy process.  You'll get out of it it proportional to what you put in.

:salute

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 10