Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 10
Aces High General Discussion / Re: AHevents page
« Last post by ZE on Today at 06:02:16 PM »
It's been repeated ad nauseam that we need a DCS Vietnam terrain but it's becoming increasingly needful. Especially with the A-6, A-7, and F-100 on the horizon. Even the F4U Corsair will be welcomed. Campaign developers will have a heyday.
Custom Skins / Re: Updating my older Focke-Wulfs
« Last post by Devil 505 on Today at 05:04:28 PM »
Fw 190D-9 of Stab. I/JG 2 Flown by Werner Hohenberg during Operation Bodenplatte. Complete re-do of my original Dora from 2015.

The O' Club / Re: Prebuilt PCs
« Last post by Volron on Today at 04:34:46 PM »
What do y'all think about buying prebuilt PCs?  I'm in the market for an upgrade, and I have never built a PC before.  So the pros (for me) would be it's already assembled, AND I wouldn't have to drop the cash all at once.  I don't really have anyone close that I trust to help build a PC either, so all of my help would come from online.  Just picking your brains and seeking advice!

<S>

Found it:

https://www.buildredux.com/?gclid=CjwKCAjwgdayBhBQEiwAXhMxtsNBI6OBWhWFI9CuGhYIVz6u0g7zIzVo2Gfui8zPxBqM6ao15HBBABoCRK0QAvD_BwE

Technical Support / Re: I think the site is back up
« Last post by 1Cane on Today at 04:34:09 PM »
proof of life??
                :banana: :banana: :banana:
The O' Club / Richard Bong's P-38 Recovered!
« Last post by Shrike on Today at 04:11:11 PM »
Apparently, Richard Bong's P-38 was recovered recently.  Another pilot was flying his plane when it encountered mechanical problems and crashed in a jungle over Papua New Guinea.  I read the pilot survived.

https://www.stripes.com/theaters/asia_pacific/2024-05-23/p-38-marge-richard-bong-wwii-new-guinea-13957144.html

I never realized he died on a P-80 test flight just a few days before the end of WWII.
Aces High General Discussion / Re: AHevents page
« Last post by Dadtallica on Today at 03:45:58 PM »

Storms... lost power and had to kick in a genny. Seems restored now.

Hope everyone is ok!
Technical Support / Re: I think the site is back up
« Last post by Dadtallica on Today at 03:32:31 PM »
Unless I magically just popped in.

Oh and....First!

Scary!

I had to play IL2 for a whole hour yesterday… shhhhhhh!
Aces High General Discussion / Re: Crazy
« Last post by toddbobe on Today at 03:18:52 PM »
Welcome back... I started playing just before my son was born, now he is 18 and just graduated HS.
The O' Club / Re: Simulated Aerial Combat Roundtable
« Last post by CptTrips on Today at 02:59:33 PM »
Hadn't heard about this one.  Probably no one around here's cup of tea but it is interesting it looks like the Snail™ is starting to dabble a littler further towards sim.  Like aiming halfway on the scale between WT and AH.

Maybe this is why HT is exploring Vulkan.  I'd think AH would have to be dumbed down quite a bit to be console viable.

Something I noticed mentioned.  This will be buy-to-own.  All vehicles available.  No grind.  That is a big change of strategy for The Snail™.

Never played WT.  Maybe this IS just WT Sim-Mode VR ported to the PSVR platform?  And they are going try buy-to-own rather than grind on that platform.

Unclear if this is new dev or just a port. 
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 10