Author Topic: not impressed with flight models  (Read 2025 times)

Offline Old Sport

• Nickel Member
not impressed with flight models
« Reply #45 on: December 10, 2006, 10:56:38 AM »
I'm an old guy who has 3000 hours of private and commercial flying back in the 70s before a heart defect grounded me.

While it may sound a bit exaggerated, please be careful flying AH 2. I've been in tense dogfights that have upped my heart rate a LOT.

and welcome to AH

Offline Basco2

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.aimtoday.com
« Reply #46 on: December 10, 2006, 11:37:57 AM »
Hey buddy, i got some advice to you...

IT HAPPENED TO ALL OF US. This is probably the most realistic WW2 simulation there is. You have to learn the plane, learn it's turns, learn it's speed, and learn it capabilities. Then, once you have that, you need to know the controls, how much effort to make turns, how many rounds to shoot before a plane is taken down, just standard stuff. Sure you've flown alot, but still, fighter planes, are a WHOLE lot different than commercial jet liners. Jets make very wide turns, fighters make quicker turjns, and have GUNS & ROCKETS.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2006, 11:40:18 AM by Basco2 »

Offline airspro

• Silver Member
      • My Blastoff start page :P
« Reply #47 on: December 10, 2006, 01:59:03 PM »
Some say that RL Civ pilots don't make good fighter sim pilots . Prove that wrong why don't you .
My current Ace's High handle is spro

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
« Reply #48 on: December 10, 2006, 03:00:04 PM »
Originally posted by airspro
Some say that RL Civ pilots don't make good fighter sim pilots . Prove that wrong why don't you .

I think we have a few RL Civ pilots that already proove that theory wrong :).

(Im just not sure if their passengers like the highG, nose low 270 pulling in on the runway for a shot-gun belly landing :D.)
21 is only half the truth.

Offline BANG48

• Zinc Member
« Reply #49 on: December 11, 2006, 07:21:13 PM »
Thank you all for your kind help and encouragment! I have learned alot in the last week I have sighned on to this  Mayhem!
 I have gotton shot down .....mmm lets see..... 5 times..
 I have  been learning the site and going to the help pages which members have written.
 I have got my X52 somewhat programed and it's working only marginally well.
I am amazed with the shear size and technical data of this sight! I do need to get a trainer. But when I go to the training arena, I'm not sure how to get  started with someone? Can I just go there and hope there is someone there at the time to hel[p or do I have to make a formal request?
 The other thing is, I'm still figuring out how the arena's work.
 Anyway, I'm having fun and learning alot too.

So If any one see's Bang48 in there arena, feel free to smoke me until I get some time in

"Two turnin and Two burning" Dan

Offline zorstorer

• Silver Member
« Reply #50 on: December 11, 2006, 07:58:26 PM »
I think schatzi has the email address in her sig....just fire off an email and she can help you get a trainer scheduled...

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #51 on: December 11, 2006, 07:59:34 PM »
These are the current trainers at AH. Send an email to "trainer name" @flyaceshigh.com. Let them know when you can be on, or ask when next they will be on and get hooked up.

Badboy

Hammer

Murdr

Ren (Damned Ren)

Schatzi

Silat

Soda

TC (TequilaChaser)

whels

Widewing

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
« Reply #52 on: December 12, 2006, 04:24:34 AM »
Originally posted by BANG48
I do need to get a trainer. But when I go to the training arena, I'm not sure how to get  started with someone? Can I just go there and hope there is someone there at the time to hel[p or do I have to make a formal request?
 The other thing is, I'm still figuring out how the arena's work.
 Anyway, I'm having fun and learning alot too.

So If any one see's Bang48 in there arena, feel free to smoke me until I get some time in

"Two turnin and Two burning" Dan

You can actually do either. Just stop by the Training Arena and check the ROSTER (on your clipboard - ESC key). Trainers are tagged with "Aces High Training Corps" on the roster. Just say hello on chat and ask if theres someone available to help you out - even when there are no trainers online, lots of longtime players hang out there as well that can answer questions you have or sparr with you and give you tips.

You can also contact us Trainers to schedule a lesson. Either do so through the request form on the Trainers homepage or simply email us to trainers @ hitechcreations.com and let us know what kind of training youre looking for, your ingame name and times you are available (time zone!).

Ill be looking for you online. When you see me on, throw a hello my way and remind me of this offer (I do get old of age sometimes and have a loopholed memory at times :)) - we can then go and wing some or head to TA together. You can check for me online with the .f schatzi command. Just type it into your chat box, the HUB will then tell if im online and in which arena. To page me in another arena, use the .p schatzi command.

Hopefully see you up soon!
21 is only half the truth.

Offline airspro

• Silver Member
      • My Blastoff start page :P
« Reply #53 on: December 16, 2006, 08:16:08 PM »

That was very rude of me BANG48 , I was having a bad day and wrote it then .

NO excuse for my rudeness :(

Again I am sorry .

I hope you enjoy it here in AH

My current Ace's High handle is spro