Author Topic: ENY values that may need HTC's attention  (Read 4509 times)

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
Re: ENY values that may need HTC's attention
« Reply #120 on: May 05, 2013, 08:34:51 AM »
I agree that is a much larger issue.  That said, I've never bought into the "We should only talk about the most significant issue" line of reasoning.

That subject is also much closer to HTC's core business and I don't see players as being as able to make informed suggestions to improve the situation.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Letalis

• Nickel Member
« Reply #121 on: May 05, 2013, 03:47:15 PM »

Just take the last tour, 159 (April 2013) and compare it to the same tour 5 years before (Tour 99, April 2008): 336K to 697K kills total.
The interesting thing is: The number of Ground-to-Ground kills (mostly tank combat) went down by 30%. while number of Air-to-Air kills went down by 57%...

Some of the player drop was "masked" to a degree by consolidating to a single LW arena.

People nowadays can (and probably will) go through a half-dozen "free to play" MMO fantasy genres without paying a dime before finding something that holds their attention.

Possible explanation for why GV combat volume has taken less of a hit:  Learning curve and SA requirements.  People that don't have the patience to learn ACM yet stay with the game may simply flow to the GV scene.
NEVER underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
-http://despair.com/demotivators.html

“Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.” -Einstein

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 05, 2013, 04:08:27 PM »
Possible explanation for why GV combat volume has taken less of a hit:  Learning curve and SA requirements.  People that don't have the patience to learn ACM yet stay with the game may simply flow to the GV scene.

You also have to consider that almost no 'regular' PC gamer has a joystick anymore these days. It's incredibly difficult to get the hang of flying a fighter if you don't know anything about ACM or even flight physics basics and only have a mouse available.
GV are simply much more accessible by order of a magnitude, especially since AH went to WASD.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #123 on: May 06, 2013, 08:50:34 AM »

You also have to consider that almost no 'regular' PC gamer has a joystick anymore these days. It's incredibly difficult to get the hang of flying a fighter if you don't know anything about ACM or even flight physics basics and only have a mouse available.
GV are simply much more accessible by order of a magnitude, especially since AH went to WASD.

Before they get to ACM they need to master the view system. I think the view system learning curve is an order of magnitude easier for GV-ing than for flying. Especially as Lusche points out, for people that only have a mouse and keyboard.
Who is John Galt?

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #124 on: May 07, 2013, 02:03:35 PM »
Before they get to ACM they need to master the view system. I think the view system learning curve is an order of magnitude easier for GV-ing than for flying. Especially as Lusche points out, for people that only have a mouse and keyboard.

I didn't have a joystick when I first wanted to try warbirds. So I went and bought one. Problem solved.

I don't see how this would be a bigger obstacle now?
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #125 on: May 07, 2013, 02:15:09 PM »
It's incredibly difficult to get the hang of flying a fighter if you don't know anything about ACM or even flight physics basics and only have a mouse available.
Really? Tell me about it.
AoM
City of ice

Offline Zacherof

• Gold Member
« Reply #126 on: May 07, 2013, 02:15:52 PM »

WASD?? :headscratch:
In game name Xacherof
USN Sea Bee
**ELITE**
I am a meat popsicle

Offline tunnelrat

• Silver Member
In-Game: 80hd
The Spartans do not enquire how many the enemy are but where they are.

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #128 on: May 07, 2013, 03:07:46 PM »
I didn't have a joystick when I first wanted to try warbirds. So I went and bought one. Problem solved.

I don't see how this would be a bigger obstacle now?
I dont know how it is like in your place, but where I live joysticks are not sold at stores anymore (almost). People are more reluctant to but something that the have not held in their hands or seen at a friends first and will not be used with other games. It is now stigmatized as "exotic" peripheral for your computer.
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline Zacherof

• Gold Member
In game name Xacherof
USN Sea Bee
**ELITE**
I am a meat popsicle

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #130 on: May 13, 2013, 03:30:23 PM »
I dont know how it is like in your place, but where I live joysticks are not sold at stores anymore (almost). People are more reluctant to but something that the have not held in their hands or seen at a friends first and will not be used with other games. It is now stigmatized as "exotic" peripheral for your computer.

I still the 3dpro at every BestBuy I go into, and the Frys electronics I go to has about 5 different choices for sticks. Where do you live?
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #131 on: May 13, 2013, 03:51:00 PM »
Why do you guys have so many Frys grocery stores?  Waste of valuable electronics space!
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline kilo2

• Gold Member
« Reply #132 on: May 13, 2013, 04:01:37 PM »
Bestbuy.com and have it sent to your store for pickup.
X.O. Kommando Nowotny
FlyKommando.com

"Never abandon the possibility of attack."

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #133 on: May 31, 2013, 12:45:34 PM »
Why do you guys have so many Frys grocery stores?  Waste of valuable electronics space!

Lol, I'm not sure either  :lol

Actually, they are Kroger (Fry's food.)  However, I believe a long time ago there was a connection between Fry's and Fry's food, actually I think they were the same store and the electronics broke away.

Yes, terrible waste of space, Kroger/Fry's sucks here.
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline Fonzy

• Zinc Member
« Reply #134 on: May 31, 2013, 08:23:14 PM »
ENY whines have been logged.