Author Topic: Trinity map  (Read 2102 times)

Offline grumpy37

• Silver Member
      • What I do
Re: Trinity map
« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2010, 09:59:44 AM »
   and TT needs to have a good old days style comeback. who here wants to set a TT day up? :x

+1  all for it....

:huh

NDISLES is still in rotation and was actually up just two days ago.

Yes it was and had a great time in TT... Problem is its hit or miss if anything is going on in TT. 
CO VF-10 "Grim Reapers"   Member JG54 in AVA

Offline Nemisis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Fightin 49'ers
« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2010, 12:35:52 PM »
Problem with NDisles is the TT is seen as up for grabs by the "win teh warz!!!!" crowd. They see it as a jump off point for taking the islands surrounding it. That means they think "hey, our GV guys are making a push. Lets go help them out by boming".

The Trinity TT sees so little use because the distances are a bit to far. It takes a good 10 mins to get to a base, 15 for the further ones without spawns.
All man needs to be happy is a home, his wife, and a place in the world

Col. 49Nem, Armor commander of the 49th

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 22, 2010, 12:39:32 PM »
The Trinity TT sees so little use because the distances are a bit to far. It takes a good 10 mins to get to a base, 15 for the further ones without spawns.

Spawns had always been that way on Trinity, but the center was crowded with GVs slugging it out.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Nemisis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Fightin 49'ers
« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2010, 12:41:08 PM »
Recently? I haven't seen a good TT fight in Trinity for months. If it WAS recently, I musta missed it.

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: June 22, 2010, 12:43:51 PM »
Problem with NDisles is the TT is seen as up for grabs by the "win teh warz!!!!" crowd. They see it as a jump off point for taking the islands surrounding it. That means they think "hey, our GV guys are making a push. Lets go help them out by boming".

Squares.

perdweeb
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 22, 2010, 12:44:59 PM »
Recently? I haven't seen a good TT fight in Trinity for months. If it WAS recently, I musta missed it.

Not "recently" - see my posts above about tank town evolution.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Nemisis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Fightin 49'ers
« Reply #36 on: June 22, 2010, 01:04:40 PM »
Ah, I see now.

I personally believe TT is gone, perhaps never to return. It has been replaced with V85 in the compello map, and the NDisles TT (you get bomb****s and campers like fleas on a dog. Plus one side alwasys ends up being kicked back *cough* bishops *cough*, and so the map is usually relatively short lived).

Offline sky25

• Nickel Member
« Reply #37 on: December 28, 2010, 05:44:34 AM »
Ah, I see now.

I personally believe TT is gone, perhaps never to return. It has been replaced with V85 in the compello map, and the NDisles TT (you get bombers and campers like fleas on a dog. Plus one side alwasys ends up being kicked back *cough* bishops *cough*, and so the map is usually relatively short lived).

I think Nemisis said it best 6 months ago...

sky25  "Vsky" In The Game

Offline R 105

• Silver Member
« Reply #38 on: December 28, 2010, 10:57:23 AM »
 I would like to see a short spawns like V-88 to V-85 and V-76 to V-85 on every map. Even the old tank town was a pretty short drive to get into action. If your spawn was camped it still was not that bad because we had a few small hills you would spawn behind. I liked to spawn in and start shooting without starting your motor sometimes. GV drives are to long to get into action on about every map. It seems tanking has been made harder and harder and folks have lost interest. I would like to see the old tank town back too.

As for bomb tards killing you at the spawn. Just take 15 minutes of your time when you first get on to go pork the ords at the air base they are operating from. If they resupply it pork them again and they well lose interest. The fact that they are bombing tanks that can't really fight back says they are lazy and only looking for an easy way to pad there score without being in jeopardy of being killed them selves. So they ain't going to spend time in an M-3 resupplying bases and will move on to some other safe no skill enterprise.

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #39 on: December 28, 2010, 11:45:09 AM »
Trinity.... Can't live with it, can't live without it seems.
See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: December 28, 2010, 12:22:13 PM »
Get a friend in a wirble or osti. Tis what they are for, I do believe

well that would mean there friends might... OMG I'm going to say this "DIE" to a Tank, when i see a Wirble or Osti i tend not to hang around them while in the Air, but on the ground they make a easy meal for a Tank so maybe that's why people don't up them to provide air cover for there Tankers,  i think way to many people worry to much about score/rank to really get into this games potential
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch