Author Topic: Off Topic But I Think.......  (Read 1356 times)

Offline Tone

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.dweebsofdeath.com
Off Topic But I Think.......
« Reply #45 on: February 04, 2001, 12:31:00 PM »
Again.. sorry for the Gator thing.

Gator can be separately uninstalled... I'd rather you did this than think of getting angry.  When I was told that revenue shortfalls demanded steps like this, I insisted that the app be separately uninstallable, and I verified that this step worked as advertised.  I did that not as an employee, as I'd been laid off months before.

A recent news flash is that Norton Anti-Virus recently issued new profiles for identifying viruses, which generates a false positive on Gator's trickle installer.  I have reverted to the Gator-less installer for the interim to avoid (undue) paranoia.

Gator may again be added back at some future point, but I will try to keep a Gator-less installer available to those who I feel the strongest sense of shared community -- WB and AH and WWIIOL players.  I've valued your support and friendship for 5 years now, and have been more disappointed than even the most agitated of you to see it become necessary to offer RW under less liberal terms than originally was the case.  

Your being patient and uninstalling Gator without feeding the fires of angry posting wars of "betrayal" at our hands honors the fact that focusing exclusively on making a simple fun tool for free cost us more than can be made good by clicking a button marked "uninstall".

A Gator-less Mark Ic mod1 installer may be found at
ftp://joe.rogerwilco.com/pub/rw/old_rw_Win32_mk1c_mod1.exe

I'd ask that you freely make use of it, but not advertise it beyond this relatively close set of BBS's (AH+WWIIOL+AGW).  That would risk someone asking me to remove this installer from circulation.

Thanks.. I hope you can accomodate me here.

tone

Samart

« Reply #46 on: February 04, 2001, 12:32:00 PM »
<opens door..........looks in..........looks around........close door>

Yea.......I write screen plays in my spare time  

Westy......never met ya before, hell .... im not sure if I've flown with ya.  But on the thing about Tone telling the WB crowd, welp.....maybe someone over here should have read it too    (gasp)  We all know there are a lot of people that play both games.....so dont blame Tone.  It is everyones responsibily to keep people up on what is happening with a product.  But don't say that it's Tone's fault.

Nice to see the "friendlyness" is still there between AH and WB's.  

<opens door........and walks out shaking head........>

Offline Lephturn

• Silver Member
      • http://lephturn.webhop.net
« Reply #47 on: February 04, 2001, 12:38:00 PM »
Thanks Tone!

Both apps that get added are simply and easily un-installed.  Gator puts a tray icon up, so you know something is going on.  

Hitting un-install is a small price to pay for a great FREE product like RW.

------------------
Lephturn - Chief Trainer
A member of The Flying Pigs  http://www.flyingpigs.com

"A pig is a jolly companion, Boar, sow, barrow, or gilt --
A pig is a pal, who'll boost your morale, Though mountains may topple and tilt.
When they've blackballed, bamboozled, and burned you, When they've turned on you, Tory and Whig,
Though you may be thrown over by Tabby and Rover, You'll never go wrong with a pig, a pig,
You'll never go wrong with a pig!" -- Thomas Pynchon, "Gravity's Rainbow"

Offline Tone

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.dweebsofdeath.com
« Reply #48 on: February 04, 2001, 12:52:00 PM »
Thanks, Leph.

I hope that some day more vigorous development takes place on RW (I believe it has become a property of Gamespy at this point, but that is not yet clear), and that more conventional revenue ideas are examined for its future.

There are other great tools out there, as well.. particularly for sims that are PC-only.  I hope everyone finds one they enjoy, and consider buying any that carry a licensing cost -- that demonstration makes a more fertile ground for competitive products in the same space.

tone

Offline danish

• Nickel Member
« Reply #49 on: February 04, 2001, 01:19:00 PM »
Thx for the info Tone and Ram1 - (and Drex).Apreciate it.

danish

[This message has been edited by danish (edited 02-04-2001).]

[This message has been edited by danish (edited 02-04-2001).]

Offline llbm_MOL

• Copper Member
« Reply #50 on: February 04, 2001, 09:11:00 PM »
Thanks Tone

Ram1 the Spit still sux in WB's

LLB OUT!!!!!!!!

Offline Ram1

• Zinc Member
« Reply #51 on: February 05, 2001, 07:49:00 AM »
Hehe llb,

It may indeed suck, I've never flown one, but its FM has not changed  

Ram1

Offline DrSoya

• Zinc Member
« Reply #52 on: February 05, 2001, 07:17:00 PM »

Originally posted by Westy:
It's not at all funny how he covered his fellow Warbirds friends yet completely failed to do likewise here and give us any notice what so ever.  "We" who have use his product as an integral part of our sim.

Tone cannot be everywhere. RogerWilco is not only used by flight simmers. It's used by lots of squadrons, clans, you name-it, in many Internet-based multiplayer team game.

<S> Tone!  Thx for clearing that up.

------------------
DrSoya
308 (Polish) Squadron "City of Cracow" RAF
Part of the Northolt Wing (First Polish Fighter Wing)