Author Topic: Dear Mr. President..  (Read 5041 times)

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
Dear Mr. President..
« Reply #60 on: September 19, 2001, 10:39:00 AM »
I'm a proponent of using the benign side effects of a nuke... EMP. No lives lost, no buildings damaged, no fallout.

Nobody here has suggested that the US use a tactical or strategic 'traditional' nuke.

Just take these folks that profess to wish in the stone age to the place they wanna be.

With no functional technology AT ALL remaining they would seem to be one hell of a lot less of a threat.
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
Dear Mr. President..
« Reply #61 on: September 19, 2001, 10:47:00 AM »
Yeager, I think this will follow a typical escalating path.

My personal presumption would be that the the terrs won't resort to nukes unless the world-wide (I hope) coalition of "good guys" begins to get the upper hand. If the terrs get into a desperate situation, where they are cornered, with no sanctuary and and the "law" closing in... then they might use the weapon that will earn them eternal damnation in the eyes of the world regardless of any political considerations.

Further, I don't expect the "good guys" to really get a handle on this problem for decades... and that's how I came to my hypothesis.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Broes

• Copper Member
Dear Mr. President..
« Reply #62 on: September 20, 2001, 09:14:00 AM »
[/i]'...benign side effects of a nuke...'[/i]

I wonder if we are talking about the same weapon... The nuke i know doesn't have ANY benign sides... Think about what the western world would think if such a benign effect would be used above their country.

Jeez... give a kid a gun and he will think it's would be a nice idea to use...

Broes

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
Dear Mr. President..
« Reply #63 on: September 20, 2001, 04:34:00 PM »
Well Broes, if the choice is continued terroist attacks on our country vs a big light in their sky followed by the Taliban's Mercedes limo's and Satelite TV failure, along with the redering of every whoopeeed electronic device in that flea infested toejam hole inoperative... (which would include the chips in their stinger missles)

Send them the 'light'. You are more than welcome to squeak about it all you want.  :)

If yer real upset about it and headed on over there and voulenteered to give 'em a hand, I'm sure they'd oblige by making you a human shield.

The rest of us don't give a toejam.  :D
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
Dear Mr. President..
« Reply #64 on: September 20, 2001, 04:48:00 PM »
Now you just need to figure out a way to keep that EMP within the borders of Afghanistan and you'll be set.  Nevermind the satelights that are orbitting overhead.

:rolleyes:

AKDejaVu

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
Dear Mr. President..
« Reply #65 on: September 20, 2001, 06:38:00 PM »
Occupy Kabul, send out anti-terrorist teams to kill off terrorists.  And flood the area with humanitarian relief, and try and win over the average Afghanistani's heart and mind.  Start instituting democratic reforms and infrastructure.  Hey, if the average Afghanistani hates the Taliban already...  Turn Afghanistan into a happy, contributing member of the international community. Simplistic?  Yep.  Worth a shot? Sure.