Author Topic: They went to Syria  (Read 1570 times)

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
They went to Syria
« Reply #75 on: January 29, 2006, 01:21:44 PM »
That's the question, Where did they go?

Thats been my question all along. We knew he had X amounts of each type of chemical weapon. The UN knew he had X amounts of each type of chemical weapon. Not all of it has been accounted for.

As someone stated earlier, metric tons of material just doesnt disappear.
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
They went to Syria
« Reply #76 on: January 29, 2006, 01:34:19 PM »
and sometime in the last 25 years they just dissapeared.

That makes PERFECT sense! I can see why this wouldn't make the news that much.

In that timeline there is a happening called Gulf1 where WMD faced a mass destruction. The stock that was then was destroyed by your own army according to its own reports.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline T0J0

• Silver Member
They went to Syria
« Reply #77 on: January 29, 2006, 02:11:49 PM »
Originally posted by capt. apathy
I

"any body can be elected with the right campaign and mis-information.  I bet I could even get someone as dim as George elected"

So the Rep campaign was won by misinformation...OK

Misinformation like "I was before the war before I was against it"

Like "we'll seek the approval of Yourop on issues of foriegn policy"

OK you win this argument LOL it was won on Mis-information, cant argue that fact the great Kerry Edwards ticket was one running mate shy of being the next 3 stooges tv show...Wait Teresa was Curly joe

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
They went to Syria
« Reply #78 on: January 29, 2006, 02:18:21 PM »
Originally posted by MrRiplEy[H]
In that timeline there is a happening called Gulf1 where WMD faced a mass destruction. The stock that was then was destroyed by your own army according to its own reports.

Some of it most certainly was destroyed in Gulf War 1. The stocks that Iraq still had left after that war is what has not entirely been accounted for. These leftover stocks were verified as existing by UN weapons inspectors and by Iraq's own declarations.
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline Stringer

• Silver Member
They went to Syria
« Reply #79 on: January 29, 2006, 03:53:45 PM »
Originally posted by Gunslinger
Grasping at straws?   Let me ask a rehtorical question......Why do you think I want this looked into?

I'll answer it, because I am a concerned citizen.  We were sold on the war on various issues, one of them being Sadam's possesion of WMDs.  He used them before, we know he had them at one point in time reguardless of how he got them, so where did they go.

That's the question, Where did they go?  This guy is saying they went to syria, if he has proof of that should we just ignore him because we've been on the ground for over 2 years and havn't found much evidence?

I read a report a couple weeks ago that the US has litterally metric TONS of paperwork that they are still translating and analysing.

Grasping at straws, I think not.....

Sorry bout the pic of the Marines, it was a google image search and now I can't edit it.

Oh, well, you're a concerned citizen.  Why didn't you say so in the first place?  That changes everything.

Now answer this not so rhetorical question.  Why isn't the Bush Admin hitting the airwaves non-stop if they knew about this guy.  I mean, it's not like he just fell off the back of a truck somewhere.  It's not like this would have been the first time he had a chance to tell this to people who could act upon it, now is it Grun?

You assume our intelligence agencies are halfway competent, right?  Then where has this guy and his information been for the last couple of years?

I'm saying I find it very hard to believe that we haven't already talked with this guy and looked into his information.  

I'm saying if it was credible, you'd have seen some kind of action, diplomatic or otherwise being put onto Syria by now.

I'm saying that if this guy and his info is the real deal, Bush would be saying it so much that we'd be hearing it in our sleep.

Now, I could be wrong, and our intelligence agencies might have blown it on this guy.

Then that would mean our intelligence agencies aren't up to the standard we, and more importantly, the President needs them to be, and that might just lead to a..............war based on faulty intelligence.  

So next would be Syria, I guess.  I mean our intelligence agencies should check this guy and his info out, and then should recommend military action because Syria is a direct threat to our security due to their possesion of Iraq's WMDs according to this ONE guy who shouldn't be an unknown player to anyone involved in the whole Iraq WMD hunt.  This is like a shell game, except Americans get killed looking for the peanut that isn't there!

But then you'll say, Hey if it stops them from flying planes into buildings then it's ok if we make a mistake here or there and invade countries in error.

Except it's not OK, because we are supposed to stand for better ideals than the scum we are fighting.

***Edit--Let me add Grun, that IF this guy and his info is the real deal, then we should all have MORE questions about the quality of our Intel Agencies, not less questions.  And if it is the real deal, then good for Bush, good for us, and good for the world, as long as we get them destroyed.

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
They went to Syria
« Reply #80 on: January 29, 2006, 05:39:48 PM »
Please stop calling me Grun.

Offline Rolex

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
They went to Syria
« Reply #81 on: January 29, 2006, 06:04:34 PM »
Well, Grun, I think it's perfect to continue calling you Grun - over and over and over - never acknowledging the simple, obvious error and never accepting that error. Your name could be Grun. It's plausible. And it's such terrific irony, right Grun?  :D

BTW, thanks for posting the image from a .mil https server with an expired certificate (where is that rolling eyes emoticon?).

Offline Stringer

• Silver Member
They went to Syria
« Reply #82 on: January 29, 2006, 06:28:23 PM »
Sry about the Gun....I didn't even realize I was doing that.

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
They went to Syria
« Reply #83 on: January 29, 2006, 06:58:49 PM »
I wrote skuzzy about the pic, maybe one of our super secret on the ball MPs can delete it.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
They went to Syria
« Reply #84 on: January 29, 2006, 08:04:13 PM »
I think Stringer has it pretty well summed up.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Mr No Name

• Silver Member
They went to Syria
« Reply #85 on: January 29, 2006, 09:14:25 PM »
i dont doubt for a moment the weapons were moved to syria... that border has remained as porous as our own southern border.  The guy had the WMDs clearly... He used them on Iran and on his own people.  But even if they didnt exist saddam himself is a proven WMD and he has been well worth the cost in lives and materials to remove him. good riddance!
Vote R.E. Lee '24

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
They went to Syria
« Reply #86 on: January 30, 2006, 01:20:20 AM »
He used them on Iran and on his own people.

Events before Gulf1 where WMD was destroyed.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
They went to Syria
« Reply #87 on: January 30, 2006, 02:55:39 PM »

Really?  Do you have proof or documentation of this?  You statement contradicts what alot of the UN inspectors were saying during the mid to late  90's with all the cat and mouse games that were played with them.

PS thanks MP3 :aok

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
They went to Syria
« Reply #88 on: January 30, 2006, 03:19:29 PM »

Since you obviously didnt read my other post:

Some of it most certainly was destroyed in Gulf War 1. The stocks that Iraq still had left after that war is what has not entirely been accounted for. These leftover stocks were verified as existing by UN weapons inspectors and by Iraq's own declarations.

:)