Author Topic: Congrat HiTech--Best Ideas Since New Coke & Pepsi Free  (Read 2512 times)

Offline usvi

• Silver Member
Re: Congrat HiTech--Best Ideas Since New Coke & Pepsi Free
« Reply #45 on: July 23, 2010, 10:02:31 AM »
Change is BAD! (sarcasm intended)

Instead of trashing a new system,try helping to make it better.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 10:04:04 AM by usvi »
"Come with me and I will show you where the Iron Crosses grow." -Unteroffizer/Feldwebel Rolf Steiner

~POTW-Second Wing~
http://www.pigsonthewing.org/index.php

Offline lulu

• Silver Member
« Reply #46 on: July 23, 2010, 12:37:32 PM »
Fugitive said,

"Rios, the sound system was changed to accommodate NEW sounds they plan on adding down the road. Once the new sounds are in having 150 sliders (just a guess) to adjust sounds is NOT newb friendly. Give it a little time for them to get it sorted out."

It is not necessary to have 150 or 1500 sliders, just a list from which to choose the sound that it needs to change.
Simple!?
I think yes.

:salute
mobilis in mobile

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #47 on: July 23, 2010, 12:45:58 PM »
Fugitive said,

"Rios, the sound system was changed to accommodate NEW sounds they plan on adding down the road. Once the new sounds are in having 150 sliders (just a guess) to adjust sounds is NOT newb friendly. Give it a little time for them to get it sorted out."

It is not necessary to have 150 or 1500 sliders, just a list from which to choose the sound that it needs to change.
Simple!?
I think yes.

:rofl

A simple list of 1500?

Simplicity is the goal, having a thousand sound sliders for a bunch of sounds that you don't even know what they are is not really newbie friendly.  That why no other games do that.

If you want to ditch a sound altogether, you can use a blank .wav file as your custom sound.

wrongway

We are going to have to make some adjustments to individual sounds and try to find a happy medium on different sound volume levels on different setups.  Aside from that, custom sounds still work so you can always put in a different sound.

71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #48 on: July 23, 2010, 12:52:44 PM »
Fugitive said,

Give it a little time for them to get it sorted out."

And there is always the sorting it out, before rolling it out  :aok
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #49 on: July 23, 2010, 12:54:03 PM »
Fugitive said,

Simple!?
I think yes.

having a list won't resolve the problem, instead of having 150+ sliders now you have 150+ sounds in a list.  

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #50 on: July 23, 2010, 12:57:05 PM »
And there is always the sorting it out, before rolling it out  :aok

If you weren't paying attention, HiTech did release a test version (3 of them) for us to test.  Maybe if more people had done so, they wouldn't be having so many problems as they would have been discovered during the testing so adjustments could be made to the final release.

ack-ack

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #51 on: July 23, 2010, 12:57:11 PM »
And there is always the sorting it out, before rolling it out  :aok

i thought this game was like a giant non stop open beta, not everything is going to be perfect out of the gate. I'm going to guess things HTC staff don't deem a problem are probably going to get some peoples panties in a wad.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #52 on: July 23, 2010, 01:01:25 PM »
Sorry AH2 staff I know you guys worked your butts off on this but im not a fan. I think the days of base takes and war wins is gone or on the way out. looks like a furballers dream though so im sure Sunbat and Griz will be pleased. Perhaps you may keep one arena with the old version sound and layouts for the old farts with bad eyes.
I thinks my days is numbered.

EZRhino

When I first read your post I thought you had to be joking but when I realized you were being serious, I had to bust out laughing.

ack-ack

Offline Sloehand

• Silver Member
« Reply #53 on: July 23, 2010, 01:21:39 PM »
Change is BAD! (sarcasm intended)
(Image removed from quote.)
Instead of trashing a new system,try helping to make it better.

Why would you even post something like this?  Do you like insulting people wholesale?  You think absolutely no one among the many who do not like the new sound situation has a valid concern?  Do you actually think none of those people may have tried to adust everything in sight, but since the whole point of the change was to reduce player's options with the sounds, they can't reach a happy medium for themselves?  Are you so ego-centric/self-centered that you can't at least consider someone else's concerns might be real and valid?  Why in the heck aren't YOU helping to make things better for others instead of trashing people?!!
Jagdgeschwader 77

"You sleep safe in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do you harm."  - George Orwell
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #54 on: July 23, 2010, 01:27:26 PM »
Why would you even post something like this?
Yes

Do you like insulting people wholesale?
Yes

You think absolutely no one among the many who do not like the new sound situation has a valid concern?
NO, especially when it's a whine and not an posted in the bugs reports or technical support forums with a dxdiag and explanation of the issue.

Do you actually think none of those people may have tried to adust everything in sight, but since the whole point of the change was to reduce player's options with the sounds, they can't reach a happy medium for themselves? 
That was not the whole point of the change and the complete lack of understanding or desire to understand the reasons behind the change doesn't deserve any more respect than the large number of "this suxxorz" posts that pop up every time something is changed.

Are you so ego-centric/self-centered that you can't at least consider someone else's concerns might be real and valid?
Yes

Why in the heck aren't YOU helping to make things better for others instead of trashing people?!!
Doing my part, passing information as I have it and not posting whines all over the place just because I think I can.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline KTM520guy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #55 on: July 23, 2010, 01:27:46 PM »
I can't comment on the sounds yet but the thread title is full of win.  :rock  :lol

:noid
Everything King Midas touches turns to gold. Everything Chuck Norris touches turns up dead.

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #56 on: July 23, 2010, 01:31:13 PM »
what? I didn't hear you it's too loud in here :D
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #57 on: July 23, 2010, 01:43:58 PM »
what? I didn't hear you it's too loud in here :D
Hang on, let me turn the engine off.  :rofl
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline Sloehand

• Silver Member
« Reply #58 on: July 23, 2010, 01:47:21 PM »
Yes
Yes
NO, especially when it's a whine and not an posted in the bugs reports or technical support forums with a dxdiag and explanation of the issue.

That was not the whole point of the change and the complete lack of understanding or desire to understand the reasons behind the change doesn't deserve any more respect than the large number of "this suxxorz" posts that pop up every time something is changed.

Yes
Doing my part, passing information as I have it and not posting whines all over the place just because I think I can.

Just like a Marine, all butt and no brain.   :D 

None of it was directed at you.  Bet you pick at scabs, too.
Jagdgeschwader 77

"You sleep safe in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do you harm."  - George Orwell
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #59 on: July 23, 2010, 01:48:45 PM »
having a list won't resolve the problem, instead of having 150+ sliders now you have 150+ sounds in a list.  

ack-ack

I fail to see why that is a problem.  Obviously it isn't.  HT probably has something else in mind that has nothing to do with this.  Maybe the new sounds don;t allow these settings  or changing them degrades performance or some other issue.  Only he can tell us.  At list I hope so, because if the problem really is that we would have 150 items in a list box, all I can do is laugh  :rofl

I am going to use your next comment with our traders.  I ll just release something in alpha or beta first and if it causes problems when in production I ll blame them for not testing it properly.  I ll let you know if anyone gets upset  :rofl
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.