Author Topic: Empire Total War  (Read 2323 times)

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
Re: Empire Total War
« Reply #60 on: November 16, 2012, 04:16:39 AM »
North and South?
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #61 on: November 16, 2012, 04:01:12 PM »
Yessir Dobly, North and South.  You need Napoleon TW, not Empire though.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=430508

The amount of units on the field is insane.  I tried one of the scenarios you can play in the multiplayer tab with AI running the Union troops, and myself commanding the Good ol' boys.  There was over 15 units of JUST artillery under my command.  Also, the number of troops in each little unit tag is upped to nearly 400 soldiers, so the numbers of troops available are a lot higher than Napoleon TW.  The sounds are awesome too, as is the music.

It's around 600mb download, and has fairly basic install instructions available on the link above.  Try it out, you won't be sorry.  Remember it IS a beta however, and the single player "campaign" as it stands isn't running yet, but you can set up a ton of custom battles, and there is about 8 historical matchups available in the multiplayer which you can play on your own vs AI.  When this mod is complete, I can see me spending a LOT of time playing with it.  I've already had some battles with over 25 THOUSAND troops deployed on the map, and that's just the beginning of it with this beta - more will surely come.  The Antietam map is huge, and even with 30k troops deployed, there is a lot of space left for more.  Be warned, you need a pretty decent PC to start putting this many troops/arty/cavalry on the board, but you can get away with it if you turn down a bit of the graphic detail, which is pretty impressive.  The cannon balls, grape shot, explosions, and everything else combined with the sounds makes a pretty awesome environment.  Hearing a couple of regiments open up with rifle fire is a really crackling event to see and hear with this mod on a good sound system/headphone setup.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 05:08:05 PM by Gman »

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #62 on: November 16, 2012, 06:38:35 PM »
Yessir Dobly, North and South.  You need Napoleon TW, not Empire though.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=430508

The amount of units on the field is insane.  I tried one of the scenarios you can play in the multiplayer tab with AI running the Union troops, and myself commanding the Good ol' boys.  There was over 15 units of JUST artillery under my command.  Also, the number of troops in each little unit tag is upped to nearly 400 soldiers, so the numbers of troops available are a lot higher than Napoleon TW.  The sounds are awesome too, as is the music.

It's around 600mb download, and has fairly basic install instructions available on the link above.  Try it out, you won't be sorry.  Remember it IS a beta however, and the single player "campaign" as it stands isn't running yet, but you can set up a ton of custom battles, and there is about 8 historical matchups available in the multiplayer which you can play on your own vs AI.  When this mod is complete, I can see me spending a LOT of time playing with it.  I've already had some battles with over 25 THOUSAND troops deployed on the map, and that's just the beginning of it with this beta - more will surely come.  The Antietam map is huge, and even with 30k troops deployed, there is a lot of space left for more.  Be warned, you need a pretty decent PC to start putting this many troops/arty/cavalry on the board, but you can get away with it if you turn down a bit of the graphic detail, which is pretty impressive.  The cannon balls, grape shot, explosions, and everything else combined with the sounds makes a pretty awesome environment.  Hearing a couple of regiments open up with rifle fire is a really crackling event to see and hear with this mod on a good sound system/headphone setup.

:huh :O

What's your PC setup?

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #63 on: November 20, 2012, 10:06:44 PM »
I just upgraded Titanic.  I had an i7 960 with 2 6850's in Xfire and a regular spinner 7200 RPM drive, and an Asus 24" LED.

I went to a much faster system now.  i7 3930k, Asus RIVE Rampage 4 extreme MB, Corsair 4x4gig Dominator 1866 ram (super fast, expensive too, 180$), I had originally put a 690gtx card in it, but ended up trading it away in a trade deal, and now have 2 680 4gig FTW in SLI from eVGA, Samsung SSD drives 2 128 in RAID 0, a Caviar black 7200 1 gig storage, all in a corsair 800D case, with the corsair h100i (the new better one) water cooler.  I've gone to 3 monitor now as well, with 3 BenQ 120hz 24" gaming monitors, on a stand that cost almost as much as the effing monitors.  I overclock the 3930k, it's a real champ for overclocking and the RAM I bought doesn't hurt either.

Even the older system ran this mod fairly well, but it can really test a system when you put 25 thousand troops on the field for sure.  I can't wait for Rome 2, it's one of the games I built this new system for.  For now I can run anything at full blast detail on 3 monitors at 57whatever by 12whatever the max is for resolution on these things.  BF3 stays pegged at max in ultra, same as all the COD games.  Aces High I can crank up everything and still see 59/60 no matter how many cons or puffy ack I see.  My old system couldn't do that on a single monitor, even though it was usually 60fps with some of the settings turned down a smidge or two.

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #64 on: November 20, 2012, 10:26:57 PM »
 :huh

I'll take that old system off your mind.

Purdy please?  :cry :angel:

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp