Author Topic: Very disturbing premonition by community comes true!  (Read 1291 times)

lazs

Very disturbing premonition by community comes true!
« Reply #45 on: April 21, 2001, 10:14:00 AM »
The perk system is so bad that even threads have to be recycled these days.

Hmm... let's see I said that either perks would be spoiling every sortie or that they would be so rare as to be useless anyway.   Looks like I nailed it.  We would see more of em and they would be more used and fair if they were allowed the last day or so to everyone.
lazs

Offline brady

• Platinum Member
      • http://personal.jax.bellsouth.net/jax/t/y/tyr88/JG2main.html
« Reply #46 on: April 21, 2001, 10:41:00 AM »
 Well gents I will not be "burning through" my perks any time soon. I have like 4,000 bomber perks,and like 2,500 ftr perks, 600 or so vehicle perks.Why do U ask am I not spending them. Well I use my bomber perks often but I almost always RTB in my Blitz, I think I spent like 280 or so perks last tour on crashing my Blitz all my deaths were pilot error!  As far as ftr is concerned  I rarely use the perk planes, they don't offer me much for the turnfighting I like to do so I rarely grab one, also I fly a lot of high risk type ground attack missions and I would hate to throw my perks away that way.I do think the perk system is a well thought out sys and I am pleased with it it in general.O I also live hear that's why I have a bunch of perks.

------------------

[This message has been edited by brady (edited 04-21-2001).]

Offline Kats

• Zinc Member
      • http://jg27.org
« Reply #47 on: April 21, 2001, 06:19:00 PM »
Perk system is a very good solution or alternative to a rolling plane set.

The bottom line is you can't have your cake and eat it to. Every system is a compromise, and with every compromise there will be cry babies.

BigJoe

« Reply #48 on: April 21, 2001, 06:32:00 PM »
I suppose a perk system will work but it needs a CAP no offense to brady and others who are accumulating them you guys have earned'em.  But when the rest of the community attains numbers like you have whats the sense in having a perk point system?  Soon players will have so many points built up it won't matter if they lose them or not. It will be like not having a perk system at all.

Lower the cost of perk planes and put a point CAP on the number of perkies you can earn.  This way if someone loses his tempest he's done until he earns more.  With lower costs and perk point CAP it ought to allow new players to hop in a perk plane a li'l faster.  

[This message has been edited by BigJoe (edited 04-21-2001).]

Offline Kats

• Zinc Member
      • http://jg27.org
« Reply #49 on: April 21, 2001, 07:41:00 PM »
Not a bad idea BigJoe.

Maybe drop the point requirements by half (25 pts to 35) and make a perk cap of 100 pts.

[This message has been edited by Kats (edited 04-21-2001).]

eskimo

« Reply #50 on: April 22, 2001, 04:57:00 AM »
Yet to spend a perk point.

eskimo