Author Topic: I love the new HOST/kill message text!  (Read 824 times)

Offline Steven

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
      • http://members.cox.net/barking.pig/puke.htm
I love the new HOST/kill message text!
« Reply #60 on: July 07, 2002, 06:50:43 PM »
I would love to see how they came up with a statistic that showed that most pilots were not aggressive.

It came from WW2 pilots.  A simple regurgitation of what was said is that in any squadron you knew there was a small percentage of guys out there making the kills and getting in the thick of things and a few who were along for the ride but weren't aggressive like we always see in Hollywood.  
Maybe "statistic" was misleading because it wasn't scientific, but it comes from a discourse with pilots who were there and was their opinion.  

I don't hold any disrespect for the real pilots.  It was real life and death.

Offline senna

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #61 on: July 08, 2002, 12:50:57 AM »
Fighter pilots were very aggressive. That doesnt mean that like to die either.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #62 on: July 08, 2002, 08:21:17 AM »
fighter pilots were aggressive.   I don't think most of em thought they could die.

iron... I ignore the kill messages now.   The "overload" is all the inane chat that has taken it's place.   I don't care how someone did on a "sortie"  but I would like to maybe know who it is I am/did fight.   I also liked to be able to locate people by the kill buffer.   I do like the new way that plane type is mentioned but the new version is useless info other than that.   They took the usefulness out of the kill buffer and replaced it with....... chat.
lazs

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #63 on: July 08, 2002, 08:46:41 AM »
lazs, I agree that channel 1 is mostly filled with drivel, depending on what the squad is up to I either squelch ch 1 or just the 1 or 2 individuals filling up 90% of the buffer. While it was easier to learn who was in the fight before, I have no problem finding out by asking. That doesn't mean I'll ask for directions though. ;)
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.