Author Topic: Coming clean  (Read 9490 times)

Offline Mini D

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • Fat Drunk Bastards
Coming clean
« Reply #60 on: October 28, 2003, 02:03:32 PM »
don't listen to udie... he's a psycho.  or is it skitzo?  One of the two.

My advice to you, Nash, is to do whatever SOB says.  Especially if it involves sex.  It may very well be the only way you'll be cured.  Funked used to be addicted to tic tacs until SOB straightened him out.

I'd give you some real expert advice, but I'd have to charge you $50,000 for it... and I see you've already blown that money on something else.

MiniD

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Coming clean
« Reply #61 on: October 28, 2003, 02:04:45 PM »
Originally posted by Udie
If you go to AA without working the steps you might as well go drink again.  The steps ARE the program.  I quit working them and within 2 months I smoked a joint.....

time to start taking them again then ...

didn't you feel like you threw all that effort right out the window? bet you felt like crap the next morning for letting yourself down ..

don't quit - try again

sad part is, it is a life changing experience - you have to do 95% of everything different and with different ppl

some think its worth it, others don't and fall back
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline LePaul

• Platinum Member
Coming clean
« Reply #62 on: October 28, 2003, 02:18:16 PM »
Seek professional help, Nash....we're hoping you can beat the habbit and get back to your old self.

Umm, would you mind getting Rush's autograph while there?  JK!

Seriously, best of luck to you, it can be beaten...I'm sure you have friends and family that can help you thru it.  :aok

Offline -dead-

• Silver Member
Coming clean
« Reply #63 on: October 28, 2003, 02:18:31 PM »
Originally posted by Ripsnort
Charon,
My point being...unless you want to kill your friends, don't even considering legalization.  Probably not the thread to bring it up in, but just a reminder that its a rediculous idea when I read posts like this.  I wish Nash all the luck in the world(as I previously mentioned in my first post)
And by extension you not only wish Nash all the luck in the world but also that he be arrested and jailed for the possession and use of Heroin. Tasteful, Rip - very tasteful. :rolleyes:
“The FBI has no hard evidence connecting Usama Bin Laden to 9/11.” --  Rex Tomb, Chief of Investigative Publicity for the FBI, June 5, 2006.

Offline Udie

• Gold Member
Coming clean
« Reply #64 on: October 28, 2003, 02:48:04 PM »
Originally posted by Eagler
time to start taking them again then ...

didn't you feel like you threw all that effort right out the window? bet you felt like crap the next morning for letting yourself down ..

don't quit - try again

sad part is, it is a life changing experience - you have to do 95% of everything different and with different ppl

some think its worth it, others don't and fall back

Well to be honest eagler I didn't feel bad about it. Not until I talked to a rehab friend about it a week later, then I felt like I had let them down.   My 'justification' was that I'm not an alcoholic, which is true,  I'm a drug addict (prescription drugs to be more accurate).  So I'd get up there each time and say "my name is sean and I'm an alcoholic (kind of manditory at AA) and I'd know that wasn't true, honesty is a huge part of that program.  So it started getting to me after a while that I was 'lying' each time I spoke.  I tried some NA meetings but they gave me cravings seeing all the pot and junkheads.  So,  I stopped going and stopped working the steps.

2 months later I smoked a joint.  4 months after that I'm emotionally almost back where I was before rehab, minus the insanity caused by the xanax and other psychotropic drugs I got from the shrink.  You know what?  They were right.  I'm going back to the same lifestyle that lead me there in the first place.  I've kind of known this for the last couple of months but have been fighting it.  Last night after reading this thread I decided to start back at my rehab "aftercare" meetings every thursday night.  And take it from there.....

Nash,

I wish you post something to let us know you're ok.  I'm worried about you dude....

Offline rogwar

• Silver Member
Coming clean
« Reply #65 on: October 28, 2003, 02:51:21 PM »
Originally posted by Sandman_SBM
Trolling with a topic like this isn't Nash's style.

You got that right Sandman. Nash you have our best wishes. Let me know if we can help any any way squadie.

Offline FUNKED1

• Platinum Member
      • http://soldatensender.blogspot.com/
Coming clean
« Reply #66 on: October 28, 2003, 02:54:41 PM »
Udie good news.  

Offline Maniac

• Gold Member
Coming clean
« Reply #67 on: October 28, 2003, 03:02:57 PM »
Never heard of anyone kicking Heroine on their own.

You HAVE to get help Nash.

:(
Warbirds handle : nr-1 //// -nr-1- //// Maniac

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
Coming clean
« Reply #68 on: October 28, 2003, 03:36:36 PM »
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline type_char

• Copper Member
Coming clean
« Reply #69 on: October 28, 2003, 04:16:36 PM »
OMG, get better soon!

Offline capt. apathy

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.moviewavs.com/cgi-bin/moviewavs.cgi?Bandits=danger.wav
Coming clean
« Reply #70 on: October 28, 2003, 04:30:37 PM »
I think you guys should all take thoses hooks out of your mouths if you notice he sure hasnt answered back at all!

if he's serious he's probably unable to get to a computer right now.

given a choice I'd rather risk falling for a tastless troll, than to risk having someone make a serious post like this and not take him seriously.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2003, 04:33:02 PM by capt. apathy »

Offline Maniac

• Gold Member
Coming clean
« Reply #71 on: October 28, 2003, 04:32:04 PM »
if he's serious he's probably unable to get to a computer right now.

To say the least, i hope he have somebody with him if hes doing this alone :(
Warbirds handle : nr-1 //// -nr-1- //// Maniac

Offline capt. apathy

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.moviewavs.com/cgi-bin/moviewavs.cgi?Bandits=danger.wav
Coming clean
« Reply #72 on: October 28, 2003, 04:37:10 PM »
yep, he could really use someone just being in the house to stop him from leaving when he hits the his weak point.

I've done the 'babysitter' job before, it sucks.

basicly just sit in the living room and watch tv for a few days while your friend goes through hell in the bedroom and bathroom.  bring them soup a couple times a day, and unplug the phone and refuse to let them leave when they think about giving up.

Offline MaddDog

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
hmm
« Reply #73 on: October 28, 2003, 05:45:53 PM »
All the luck in the world Nash! you can do it man, my mom was really hardcore on that watermelon as well as numerous other stuff back in the day, saw it all while i was a young kid early teens and on. I can tell you one thing i hear all this talk bout AA and admitting you have a problem etc, but in all honestly AA and NA meetings as well and rehab wont do watermelon for you unless you fully 100% just dont want to be on the durgs anymore which is a hard point to get to, from what you posted you sound bout just how hardcore my mom was, she went through 3 rehabs tons of meetings all of that stuff, it was until one night she came home after she told us she went to order a pizza 4 nights earlier and i told her i was completely done with her BS, and i called my dad and moved my sis bro and me to his house, that fineally made her relize just how bad she was and what was goin on, shes been clean for 2 and a half years now, shes going to college for her degree at 40 late start, got a new house,working a good job part time, but i support her fully for doing somethin which after the first 4 years of her watermelon i thought would never happen and was impossible, man oh man have i seen some stuff in my day, anyways you can do it Nash you dont want that watermelon man, g'luck sir.:)
« Last Edit: October 28, 2003, 05:47:59 PM by MaddDog »

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
Coming clean
« Reply #74 on: October 28, 2003, 05:52:06 PM »
akwolfie... sorry bout your friend but..... you don't have the faintest idea what you are talking about.
lazs