Author Topic: Okinawa setup but no Chog or P38?  (Read 4483 times)

Offline 10Bears

• Silver Member
Okinawa setup but no Chog or P38?
« on: December 15, 2003, 02:53:36 PM »
I haven’t been visiting the boards very much lately so if this has been discussed, please accept my apologies.

Noticed they were running the Okinawa setup this week so I got all hopped up to take a Choggie up an’ give those nasty Ki-67s some what for.. Huh... no F4U-1C.. OK.. well maybe an oversight by the setup guy.  Alright fine, the next best plane to knock down those bombers would be the P-38L in which there were hundreds in the Okinawa theater of operations.. Nope nadda.. not even as a perked ride.

I suppose my question.. if I may be so bold.. is why would the CT setup folk.. exclude two major players of that battle?.. I assume the answer would be a fairness issue.. If that’s the case, are you sure Okinawa is the right battle to simulate? On account of Japan by June ’45 was just about on their last can of beans.

Haven’t checked the stats this week but from casual observation of text buffer, Japanese are landing more kills... I may be wrong but this is my perception. I do know one thing.. Put me in the funky white zeke.. verses a Chog.. (except for Shane and a few others) in a 1vs1 fight... I would win it. This plane mostly used for knocking down Peggies not for basic dogfight.. (too heavy)

If the C-hog can’t be used for the battle of Okinawa... What battle could it be used for?

Offline brady

• Platinum Member
      • http://personal.jax.bellsouth.net/jax/t/y/tyr88/JG2main.html
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2003, 03:29:20 PM »
The P38 was not actualy deployed in the battle of Okinawa.

The C-hog was, but it is left out as I have said before everytime I have ran this set up:), because of balance constraints, this is a judgment call and like many such deschions not always a popular one. The C hog was in action at  Okinawa and did conduct a few raids on Japan after this time before the war ended.

While this is at the very end of the war, Japan was still capable of puting up quiet a battle in the Air, unlike many CT set up's we run whear one side realy dident have much of an Air Presence this is certainly not the case hear. A stagering number of ships were damaged and sunk at Okinawa from both conventinal and Kamakise strikes, aprox. 2,000 Japanese aircraft took part in operations around Okinawa during the battle their.

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
Re: Okinawa setup but no Chog or P38?
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2003, 04:09:06 PM »
Originally posted by 10Bears
I haven’t been visiting the boards very much lately so if this has been discussed, please accept my apologies.

All eyes turned to the man in the center of the room.

The piano stopped playing.

The bartender softly felt under the bar, trying to locate his shotgun.

Somewhere, a dog barked...

- oldman

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2003, 04:29:12 PM »
LOL Oldman...

that about sums up what I was thinking when I started reading this thread. :D
80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline brady

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2003, 05:19:31 PM »
LOL:)

TY Oldman that was very good:)

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2003, 05:31:52 PM »
I told you 10Bears. Welcome to "Bradylogic"

Offline 10Bears

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2003, 05:34:57 PM »
Oh I see the other threads now..

All I know I was flyin the other day an’ keep seeing IJAF flyers landing their kills. Americans keep getting whacked. I don’t have much of a problem with zekes and nikis but those Ki-67s boy ol boy you need to break out the BIG GUNS..

The Japanese were even outnumbered 2:1 so, if your going for gameplay balance, then you oughta add the C-hog. Least one night.. check the stats the day before.. enable the Chog one night only.. advertise in the general forum etc.. I bet you have a big turnout.

At least answer me this:. If the C-hog is inappropriate during the battle of Okinawa.. when is it appropriate?

Offline brady

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2003, 05:53:46 PM »
It would be inaproparte for me to comment on when or whear it would be used in the CT since this is not entirely my deschion alone to make, you may see it in the future in a set up.

Offline scJazz

• Copper Member
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2003, 06:01:08 PM »
Funny Oldman...

I think this is the point where I say...

Brady you stubborn obstinate clueless pain in my butt logic lacking numbskull give the freakin Allies the CHog so they too can HO with 20mm planes!:aok

Now step outside so I can shoot u in the lips with my N1K!

Offline LtMagee

• Copper Member
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2003, 06:02:36 PM »
At least answer me this:. If the C-hog is inappropriate during the battle of Okinawa.. when is it appropriate?

Is the N1K2-J appropriate whe 95% of the players are flying it?

What we are all missing here is the fact that when flying the F4U, in order to RTB you must fly a long way to the fight, fly smart and fly a long way back home...if you dont, you will still see...."prettythangwhip landed 7 kills in a N1K2-J of the Ubber IJA"  I keep landing multiple kills in the F4Us but over half have been minus a rudder :D

I am beginning to dislike BradyLogic...sounds axis bias to me...OMG did I just say the bias word? :aok

Whats o funny is that when I first started flying this sim (27th Sentai) we were not allowed to have the N1K2-J because "they" said it was not ballanced....al of a sudden it is?

Brady must have some dirty pics of HTC and his girlfriend. I smell blackmail :eek:
« Last Edit: December 15, 2003, 06:06:30 PM by LtMagee »

Offline scJazz

• Copper Member
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2003, 06:06:21 PM »
Oh forgot something... screw the Hogs... grab a Hellcat and fly smart.

My best landed sorties have been in Hellcats 7 kills landed on Friday, 6 kills today.

Best I've done in IJ aircraft are 5 in a Zeke.

Offline LtMagee

• Copper Member
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2003, 06:08:29 PM »
well jazz you sarcastic pig...;) ..some of us just dont like the HellKitty! I want to fly the damnnn C-Hog!

IN the CT "Balance" means....an endless stream of green dots meeting with an endless stream of red dots mixing it up in the middle untill everyone is dead...reups and does it again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and :aok

NOT MY IDEA OF THE DEFFINITION OF "COMBAT"
OMG IS THIS THE COMBAT ARENA?  GO Figure!
« Last Edit: December 15, 2003, 10:24:50 PM by LtMagee »

Offline MajorDay

• Copper Member
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2003, 06:44:25 PM »
Brady

Y'know, I think Vought F4U-1C and F4U-4 can wait until Aces High 2.0 fully release and then you probably would added F4U-1C and F4U-4 on Okinawa Map setup in the future.  I hope you agree about this.  

Rafe35

Offline scJazz

• Copper Member
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2003, 06:49:59 PM »
Originally posted by LtMagee
well jazz you sarcastic pig...some of us just dont like the HellKitty! I want to fly the damnnn C-Hog!

IN the CT "Balance" means....an endless stream of green dots meeting with an endless stream of red dots mixing it up in the middle untill everyone is dead...reups and does it
NOT MY IDEA OF THE DEFFINITION OF "COMBAT"
OMG IS THIS THE COMBAT ARENA?  GO Figure!

Penalty for lack of memory! Um remember how like I keep harrassing Brady to put the CHog in?

Offline tzr

• Copper Member
      • http://webpages.charter.net/maddogjoe/index.html
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2003, 09:18:36 PM »
Originally posted by Slash27
I told you 10Bears. Welcome to "Bradylogic"

Bradylogic...The F4-us have xxx Speed advantage...So IJN will get the best gun package...NO wait  in BOF  110s had speed advantage AND best guns.....:rolleyes: :eek: