Author Topic: How to get a high rank  (Read 28191 times)

Offline Seeker

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
How to get a high rank
« Reply #375 on: January 12, 2004, 06:57:37 PM »
Originally posted by NoBaddy

BTW, on the subject of the scoring system...the Lord spoke unto NB yesterday. The Lord said, "NB, thou art a dumbazz. My scoring system IS valid. Shut thy mouth!". Needless to say, the Lord and I have agreed to disagree :D. That being said, I defer to a Higher Power and shut my yap ;).

Cod, so much pissing in the wind... so much tallent and you all miss the point (dumbases...)

The point of the AH scoring system is to show who is best at  Aces High .

Anything else can be shown At KOTH; in any plane, in any way any of you are good enough to dictate. Any of you that have the mineral, that is (waves to Wildthing).

Y'all make as much sense as a bag of quim in a gay bar.

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
Re: Ok, done arguing…
« Reply #376 on: January 12, 2004, 07:30:05 PM »
Originally posted by beet1e
Murdr – I’m sorry if I made you feel bad in this thread.

And yet a final reply to points by ignoring them :)

Offline DrDea

• Gold Member
How to get a high rank
« Reply #377 on: January 12, 2004, 08:04:48 PM »
Originally posted by Seeker

The point of the AH scoring system is to show who is best at  Aces High .

[/I]

And there you have it.:aok
The Flying Circus.Were just like you.Only prettier.

FSO 334 Flying Eagles. Fencers Heros.

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Re: Re: Ok, done arguing…
« Reply #378 on: January 12, 2004, 09:12:08 PM »
Originally posted by Shane
you sure did.  and i think fron "no-one" to "nine" was quite a surprise.  "oo..... i" "oo....i" "oo... u... betcha"
Eek! I was only 91% right!  -which means you were 91% wrong. ;)

toodle-pip

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
How to get a high rank
« Reply #379 on: January 12, 2004, 11:03:32 PM »
now how about that challenge?

n/m, i know you won't take it. you know quite well you're not gonna measure up.
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798
Truth doesn't need exaggeration.

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
back in argument mode.
« Reply #380 on: January 13, 2004, 04:36:50 AM »
now how about that challenge?

n/m, i know you won't take it. you know quite well you're not gonna measure up.
I always knew that when we were done arguing, and you had lost, that you would resort to some sort of challenge. (Originally, I thought it was going to be the almighty chest-pounding DA challenge) Yeah, 91% of the guys in the top 100 last tour played EasyMode™/Big Three. Of those who didn't, one got the vast majority of kills in a N1K, and one did the same in a TYPH. And folks have had some things to say about those planes. ;) A definite pattern, with very few (ie. 9) exceptions. Less than 10%. I hardly think that takes my observation and "blows it of the water". :rolleyes: BTW, and this is not what we were talking about (it's just an aside): I started checking the types flown by the guys with an overall rank in the top 100. I stopped at #40. Guess how many I found who had never flown the Big 3 in tour 47? None. Not one. The pattern becomes clearer!

No, I'm not going to fly around in a Stang or LA7 for a month just to make a point. Besides, I'm going to be away on a number of trips. How's that? Well, I know you won't believe this, but there are more things in life than Aces High. Read my above post: There are more factors at play than just plane type. Being in a squad or in an organised group makes a big difference - a bigger difference than plane type.

I live in southern England, and we never have a white Christmas. We never have snow on Christmas Day. I always wonder why we have snow on Xmas cards, because we never get snow at Xmas. But I read a newspaper article a while ago. Apparently we did - in 1968... oh well, that's another observation "blown out of the water" :rolleyes: :aok
« Last Edit: January 13, 2004, 04:39:52 AM by beet1e »

Offline killnu

• Gold Member
How to get a high rank
« Reply #381 on: January 13, 2004, 05:10:49 AM »
According to you Beet, all ya have to do is fly the 51 or la7 once and you will have tarnished your record.
~S~
Karma, it follows you every where you go...

++The Blue Knights++

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
How to get a high rank
« Reply #382 on: January 13, 2004, 06:01:13 AM »
Originally posted by killnu
According to you Beet, all ya have to do is fly the 51 or la7 once and you will have tarnished your record.
~S~
Quite correct.

Offline JustJim

• Nickel Member
How to get a high rank
« Reply #383 on: January 13, 2004, 06:28:21 AM »
when you start payin my $15 a month beet1e i'll fly whatever and whenerver you say.

who gives a rats behind what people fly they pay for a service just like everyone else.

Main Arena is just that the MAIN Arena, we also have the luxury of CT for those early war fanatics and scenerios ect. ect. ect.

how about next time you go to a resturant some dilly waitress says we have a very lg menu availible sir, but you can only have  such and such because everyone eats that other stuff.

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
How to get a high rank
« Reply #384 on: January 13, 2004, 06:40:20 AM »
lol, beet1e... it's quite clear who was wrong.  and never more obvious that you can't measure up.

what color you going to paint the walls?
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
How to get a high rank
« Reply #385 on: January 13, 2004, 08:57:56 AM »
I did a little research and found that 100% of the guys who ranked in the top 200 drank water at some point during the tour!

Now, everyone knows water is an "easy mode" drink, available everywhere. It is SO common; you'd think folks would go for a little guava juice. Or something manly, like white lightnin' from a Mason jar.

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
How to get a high rank
« Reply #386 on: January 13, 2004, 09:02:38 AM »
lol, beet1e... it's quite clear who was wrong.  
Shane, for once, I agree with you 100%.

Mr. Toad! Water is free, whereas other drinks usually cost money. I think your analysis is distorted by that fact. Water is unperked! Perk drinking water!

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
How to get a high rank
« Reply #387 on: January 13, 2004, 09:02:49 AM »
not my water!!  it's hard water!!! none of this reliance on a gamey filter for me!!

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
How to get a high rank
« Reply #388 on: January 13, 2004, 09:29:56 AM »
Let me break this to you gently, Beet.

Water is NOT free.

There's this thing called "public utilities". They maintain water treatment plants, pipes, pumps, stuff like that. In some places, a water bill is mailed to your home monthly. In others, this stuff is paid for through taxation.

So, sadly, water is PERKED just about everywhere. Oh, sure, there's a few secret stashs, like private wells and lakes and stuff, but even then expensive electricity is normally used to pump the water.

And let's not even go into Evian.............

No, water is not free.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
How to get a high rank
« Reply #389 on: January 13, 2004, 10:10:06 AM »
Mr. Toad... last time I went into a restaurant and was given a glass of water, I was not charged for it! The dilly waitress gave me a menu on which there were about 70 items! But my appetite was not large enough to eat 70 dinners, so I just ordered one. Can you imagine ordering 70 dinners?! I guess JustJim must be an American, posing as Mr. Creosote. :lol