Author Topic: Hate it  (Read 3234 times)

Offline Dingy

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.33rd.org
Hate it
« on: December 26, 2000, 03:12:00 PM »
Dunno what it is...

crappy framerates now...
bogus PTgunboats...
disappearing icons...
glitchy graphics....

Hate the new version  

Can I have 1.04 back?

-Ding

PS....and I have a P3 550Mhz with a 32MB Elsa Erazor X2 DDR vid card...its not shabby equip...

Sorry gang...Im not thrilled...seems the flight sim has just gone down the drain.

LJK Raubvogel

Hate it
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2000, 03:15:00 PM »
Nothing like thoroughly trying something out before you render an opinion,eh?    

------------------
LJK_Raubvogel
LuftJägerKorps

[This message has been edited by LJK Raubvogel (edited 12-26-2000).]

Moose11

Hate it
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2000, 03:27:00 PM »
Guess I'll have to cancel my account and take up Warbirds.

Anyone sense the sarcasm in that joke? Lol :-) If there are problems Dingy, I'm sure they'll get resolved. Not until HTC spends a good deal of time partying this New Years. I'd send a bottle to ya guys, but I'm underage  

Offline Sancho

• Silver Member
      • http://www.56thfightergroup.com
Hate it
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2000, 03:31:00 PM »
I'm with ya Dingy.  As seems quite beta to me.  My framerate is 1/4 to 1/2 what it was, icons disappear (no they not obscured by canopy), screen freezes for 3 seconds at a time.  Waiting for patch number 1.

Offline Dingy

• Zinc Member
Hate it
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2000, 03:33:00 PM »

Originally posted by LJK Raubvogel:
Nothing like thoroughly trying something out before you render an opinion,eh?    

How far do I have to dig into it before I render an opinion?  You mean I have to frustrate myself even further before my point is valid?

Sense the sarcasm in that post too?

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
Hate it
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2000, 03:44:00 PM »
where I hads a real good time, this version needs some work. A little buggy for sure, however I believe that HTC has always bneen very prompt in fixing things.

Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Moose11

Hate it
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2000, 03:46:00 PM »
Sorry Dingy to not agree with your opinion,

When I get home tonight I'll try it for myself and see what I think then. I do believe that HTC has worked their collective tulips off to get this out and they will continue to improve it, but they deserve a break. We all called for 1.05 to come out, the last thing I think they'll need is people harping on em within 5 hours of the release.

<S> as always

Offline Dingy

• Zinc Member
Hate it
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2000, 04:05:00 PM »

Originally posted by Moose11:
Sorry Dingy to not agree with your opinion,

We all called for 1.05 to come out, the last thing I think they'll need is people harping on em within 5 hours of the release.

<S> as always

Welp Moose...I stand by my opinion.  I was one of the few apparently who was happy with the game as it was.  And since I pay $30 a month for this....I would think my opinion is just as worthy of anyone elses.

Yes HTC has always pulled through in the past.

My current opinion still stands...this software should not have been released yet.
-Ding

HaHa

Hate it
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2000, 04:12:00 PM »
Game flies fine for me - awesome framerates and terrific graphics:

Athlon 700 - geforce

Offline bojc

• Zinc Member
Hate it
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2000, 04:22:00 PM »
The version has been out all of 6 hours and this jerk says to can it.
 Who the hell are you, are you a software developer? a flight sim ace with hundreds of hours and kills? You don't have shabby equipment?, how the hell do we know. Maybe your cat pissed in it last night, or did he just piss in your cornflakes this morning. HTC has worked their collective
ass off to get this out during christmas.

Salute HTC! The silent majority say thanks.

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
Hate it
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2000, 04:38:00 PM »
BOJC.. I've been flyin this sim right alongside Dingy since the first beta release. His opinion is one I value. He's been right there backin up the sim and it's development cycle with good feedback, and has no qualms at all about callin it like he sees it.

If he's havin probs with his PII/550 runnin this release; then I'd expect him to say so.. he has.

The developers need to hear ALL the feedback; good and bad. His post was not out of line IMHO... yours was.

<S!>

Hang

The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline fscott

• Banned
  • Copper Member
Hate it
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2000, 04:46:00 PM »
Well as far as FPS go, you have many more elements in the picture now. The ships are taking up much more horsepower now since they have as many or more polygons than say your standard airfield. That's just the price you gotta pay for detailed graphics.  I see no difference when I am flying over plain terrain, the fps is just as smooth as always. The slowdown occurs when flying over/near ships.

fscott

Offline bojc

• Zinc Member
Hate it
« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2000, 04:49:00 PM »
His post was out of line.

"hate the new version"

"seems the flight sim has just gone down the drain."

Does that sound like constructive critisism and helpful feedback.

Give me a break, I've been around as long as  anyone and I know ya can't evaluate a whole new version in 5 hours.

I stiil say he having a bad day and should give it a rest and a new tryout.

Offline Pyro

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
Hate it
« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2000, 04:51:00 PM »
Alright, lets not have a big flamewar over this.  If you have issues with the new version, make sure you or at someone else has posted them in the appropriate place and with enough detail that we're not wondering what it is that you're talking about.  We have a short turnaround time on initial patches so don't waste time in doing that.

BTW, ever see the ILC skit "Men on Films"?

------------------
Doug "Pyro" Balmos
HiTech Creations

Offline fscott

• Banned
  • Copper Member
Hate it
« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2000, 04:53:00 PM »
Guess it depends on your perspective. I was new with version 1.04, so this new version to me looks like it has gone UP the drain.

Where else can you have this much fun flying WW2 birds online. Nope, don't see anywhere else...

fscott