Author Topic: Letter from Iraqi Mother to US moms...  (Read 2210 times)

Offline 101ABN

• Nickel Member
Letter from Iraqi Mother to US moms...
« Reply #75 on: April 07, 2004, 06:35:37 PM »
i think that you are right Sixpence, i have a feeling that we are looking at the final draft. im sure that somethings will be changed. why are we involved in the writing...so we can ensure that all people are spoken for. now there is one problem, i know alot of christians that live in Mosul and the article about iraq being a islamic state can be trouble for those christians. i just hope that another bosnia and kosovo situation doesnt start.

Offline Furball

• Plutonium Member
Re: Letter from Iraqi Mother to US moms...
« Reply #76 on: April 07, 2004, 07:07:47 PM »
Originally posted by boxboy28
 Because of the weapons of mass destruction your soldiers used, especially depleted uranium....

i stopped reading here.  how can anyone believe this BS.

Yes. DU shells are WMD's. Good one.

:rolleyes:
I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know.
-Cicero

-- The Blue Knights --

Offline Furball

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #77 on: April 07, 2004, 07:14:19 PM »
oh lookie here what i found! another letter!

Dear coalition of evil,

you are the debil, your WMD food supplies and medicines are making our children be born with no deformities,  our new found freedom of speech and our freedom to do what we like has turned us into an angry mob of terrorists.  How could you do such a thing.

I demand you bring back the saddamist regime so he can kill us and terrify us.

Yours sincerely,

An un-grateful POS Iraqi.

from http://www.screw_the_ungrateful_losers_lets_nuke_em.com
I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know.
-Cicero

-- The Blue Knights --

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #78 on: April 07, 2004, 11:09:08 PM »
Originally posted by Sixpence
Yeah, like writing their own constitution.

Whoa, glasshoppah. You're acting as if this is something new and strange. It ain't. Defeat and depose the tyrant, occupy the country, make their form of government more like our form of government, be their foster parent for x number of years until they learn to love us. Then end of "occupation" (but with troops cycling in and out on a regular basis because now we're good buddy buddy allies.

Like ... oh ... I dunno .... these folks?

Occupation of Japan

America's Long Road to the Federal Republic of Germany (West) By Robert A. Selig

Offline Frogm4n

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Re: Re: Letter from Iraqi Mother to US moms...
« Reply #79 on: April 07, 2004, 11:47:40 PM »
Originally posted by Furball
i stopped reading here.  how can anyone believe this BS.

Yes. DU shells are WMD's. Good one.

:rolleyes:

They are not WMD's.

But they do affect the population in a very bad way long after the war is over.

Offline bullett308

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
« Reply #80 on: April 08, 2004, 01:02:35 AM »
Originally posted by Arlo
Whoa, glasshoppah. You're acting as if this is something new and strange. It ain't. Defeat and depose the tyrant, occupy the country, make their form of government more like our form of government, be their foster parent for x number of years until they learn to love us. Then end of "occupation" (but with troops cycling in and out on a regular basis because now we're good buddy buddy allies.

Occupation of Japan

America's Long Road to the Federal Republic of Germany (West) By Robert A. Selig

Arlo I think you are on to something.

Offline Sixpence

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.onpoi.net/ah/index.php
« Reply #81 on: April 08, 2004, 04:22:15 AM »
Originally posted by Arlo

Occupation of Japan

Oh, I didn't know Iraq declared war on us , or that we conquered Iraq. I thought this was about getting saddam and OBL? Germany declared war on us, so did Japan. I do not recall Iraq doing such a thing. Expansionism isn't new and strange either, that doesn't make it right. Uprising against an occupying force isn't new and strange either, shoot, you might as well make the comparison that the people uprising are like the Patriots that fought off England, hey, look how that turned out right? So according to your logic, they will keep rising, fight off the occupying force, write their own constitution, and become another United States.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2004, 04:42:52 AM by Sixpence »
"My grandaddy always told me, "There are three things that'll put a good man down: Losin' a good woman, eatin' bad possum, or eatin' good possum."" - Holden McGroin

(and I still say he wasn't trying to spell possum!)

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #82 on: April 08, 2004, 04:54:42 AM »
A total pullout might not be the answer, but we shouldn't be dictating their decisions, we should be letting them decide. It's THEIR country, not ours. What we are doing is close to expansionism, and that is not what our country is about.
I don't disagree with the principle, but we're talking about a country that doesn't know democracy. Letting them decide? They wouldn't understand the concept of being able to make decisions of that magnitude for themselves.

I was all in favour of toppling Saddam, but saw the campaign as unfinished business from 1991 based on breaches of UN resolutions made at that time. But either the intelligence services CIA/MI6 let us down badly, or Saddam was able to ship out his WMD during the months of UN prevarication. As the latter could have been observed by space satellite, perhaps the former is more likely.

As we have seen, there is a lot of pent up anger in Iraq, a lot of fanaticism... if the US/UK alliance pulled out of Iraq now, the fanatics would gain control and there might even be a civil war, and Iraq would end up with another tyrant in power. And the whole war effort would have been for nothing. That cannot be allowed to happen.

The US under Bush has made its bed. Now it has to lie in it.

yes - the original Iraqi letter definitely looks like a put up job.

Offline Sixpence

• Platinum Member
« Reply #83 on: April 08, 2004, 05:19:56 AM »
Originally posted by beet1e
I don't disagree with the principle, but we're talking about a country that doesn't know democracy. Letting them decide? They wouldn't understand the concept of being able to make decisions of that magnitude for themselves.

Well, the United States didn't quite know democracy either, we just fought off a king and decided to create a democracy. As you can see, we have done quite well for ourselves. We make the people of Iraq out to be very stupid and ignorant, and use that as an excuse to dictate to them.

I was all in favour of toppling Saddam, but saw the campaign as unfinished business from 1991 based on breaches of UN resolutions made at that time. But either the intelligence services CIA/MI6 let us down badly, or Saddam was able to ship out his WMD during the months of UN prevarication. As the latter could have been observed by space satellite, perhaps the former is more likely.

I do not think there is a person on this BB who does not agree that we needed to get saddam. But I thought after we got him that the UN would be brought back in. But the attitude of the administration is that "hey, we spent all the $$ and American lives to get him, we want those rebuilding contracts". And although that may be a good point, as an American, and being brought up on the principles of doing the right thing, it just doesn't sit very well in my mind.

As we have seen, there is a lot of pent up anger in Iraq, a lot of fanaticism... if the US/UK alliance pulled out of Iraq now, the fanatics would gain control and there might even be a civil war, and Iraq would end up with another tyrant in power. And the whole war effort would have been for nothing. That cannot be allowed to happen.

Well, every country goes through it's growing pains, we had one bloody civil war ourselves. That being said, we cannot pull out, but we can start letting them, as a people, be more involved with the way their country is formed. Hopefully after June 30th that will happen, i'm willing to see it through another year. And if the people of Iraq are voting then, then maybe they will see what democracy is and the uprising in the streets will stop, and the uprising at the voting booth will start.

The US under Bush has made its bed. Now it has to lie in it.

No, OBL made his bed, and in the process(fair or not is moot now), made Iraq's too.
"My grandaddy always told me, "There are three things that'll put a good man down: Losin' a good woman, eatin' bad possum, or eatin' good possum."" - Holden McGroin

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #84 on: April 08, 2004, 07:06:44 AM »
No, OBL made his bed, and in the process(fair or not is moot now), made Iraq's too.
I don't know of any direct link between Saddam and OBL. I do remember the Iraqi payoffs to the bereaved families of the 911 suicide pilots - $25,000 apiece.

But no-one forced the US to go to war with Iraq, and certainly not OBL. Many were opposed to the war.

Offline Sixpence

• Platinum Member
« Reply #85 on: April 08, 2004, 07:10:30 AM »
Like I said, fair or not, that is what happened. You cannot unring a bell.

And as far as Bush and America's bed, last I knew, Blair and UK were in the same bed.

Offline 101ABN

• Nickel Member
« Reply #86 on: April 08, 2004, 07:46:22 AM »
Originally posted by beet1e
I don't know of any direct link between Saddam and OBL. I do remember the Iraqi payoffs to the bereaved families of the 911 suicide pilots - $25,000 apiece.

there may not be a direct link between OBL and Saddam but there was a link between the Baath Party and Al Queda. there is a top AQ LT in iraq right now. after 9-11 Bush stated that we are declaring war on terrorism and those who harbor terrorist. so far Afghanistan and Iraq were dealt with, and there are many more in our scope. lets just hope that these countries come clean like many have already.

Offline 101ABN

• Nickel Member
« Reply #87 on: April 08, 2004, 07:52:06 AM »
Originally posted by bullett308
Yeah I guess they just cant handle that equallity thing:(

saddam's iraq was the most free islamic country out there. you can drink beer and whiskey, women can wear western style clothes, and they can hold jobs. in the more traditional islamic society, women can only leave their house with their husbands, they have to be covered head to toe..to include their face, they are not allowed to attend public schools, and they are not allowed to have a job outside the house. kinda stinks if you ask me. most of the islamic world thought of saddam pretty much the way they think about us.... infidels

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #88 on: April 08, 2004, 08:06:11 AM »
sixpense... taking away the bizzare lefty spin put on everything by the lefty site you pointed to....

Their view on the right to bear arms is no more, and possibly less oppressive than say that of england or ... now, sadly, australia..

They (iraq)give the government the power to refuse the right to "licence' a citizen to own any type of firearm under the sun... england and auatralia also require "license' but have federal laws that outright ban weapons.   No such iraq bans exist at this point.

both england and australia have removed the human right to defence.... they have replaced it with nothing since they can not defend any individual.

lazs

Offline Sixpence

• Platinum Member
« Reply #89 on: April 08, 2004, 08:17:48 AM »
Originally posted by lazs2

sixpense... taking away the bizzare lefty spin put on everything by the lefty site you pointed to....

Hey now, I gave you the fox link too!

Their view on the right to bear arms is no more, and possibly less oppressive than say that of england or ... now, sadly, australia..

And we sure give em hell for it.