Author Topic: WTG Georgie!  (Read 5677 times)

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
WTG Georgie!
« Reply #120 on: April 16, 2004, 02:57:31 PM »
Originally posted by AKcurly
Nope.   Prior to the Bush tax cut, that would have been $258,000.00.   Let's see, Steve.  I'll bet me and you probably saved a hundred or two.  What a deal. :)

curly

Lol, I saved about $9600.00 this year on my taxes.  I am a fan of the tax cuts, and I did not make anywhere even close to Bush, Kerry, or Rumsfeld.

cripes if getting a couple hundred back is such a bad thing, why not donate it to a worthy cause.

:rolleyes:

some people are never satisfied.
I regret doing business with TD Computer Systems.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
WTG Georgie!
« Reply #121 on: April 16, 2004, 03:08:22 PM »
they'll get their wishes

taxes will rise at some point - then they'll cry about that also
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline mietla

• Gold Member
WTG Georgie!
« Reply #122 on: April 16, 2004, 03:42:19 PM »
Originally posted by AKIron
Curly just retired from teaching at some backwater school ;) in Oklahoma and has a PHD in math, physics too maybe. Though that was before God invented electrons. ;)

just curious....
what is an integral of sin(x)/x

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
WTG Georgie!
« Reply #123 on: April 16, 2004, 03:47:01 PM »
Dunno who you're asking mietla. I struggled through one semester of Calculus 20 years ago and don't have a Ph.D in anything.
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline mietla

• Gold Member
WTG Georgie!
« Reply #124 on: April 16, 2004, 03:59:29 PM »
Mr. math PHD of course. Curly

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
WTG Georgie!
« Reply #125 on: April 16, 2004, 04:01:38 PM »
I think he's more accustomed to giving tests than taking them but he is quite capable of speaking for himself, even though I did for him earlier.

Offline AKcurly

• Silver Member
WTG Georgie!
« Reply #126 on: April 16, 2004, 04:39:50 PM »
Originally posted by mietla
just curious....
what is an integral of sin(x)/x

I'm not sure about your sneer (next note down.)  I didn't say anything about my academic credentials.  Iron did.

You must be an engineer mietla -- only an engineer would ask something like the above in an attempt to discover if someone is a mathematician.  Your question is sort of like asking a physician "what are the best nail clippers."  

The answer is there is no answer in closed form.  You can approximate the answer using a Taylor series.  Sometimes the approximation is called "Si(x.)"  I guess you know the approximation, so there's no need for me to write it here.  Just take the Taylor series for sin(x), divide it term by term by x and then integrate each part of the sum.

Tell ya what, mietla.  Let's agree not call me Mr Phd and I won't call you an extrahunk, how's that?   Seriously, if you want to continue the testing, do it through private e-mail.

curly

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
WTG Georgie!
« Reply #127 on: April 16, 2004, 04:45:40 PM »
I told ya he could speak for himself. Next time I'll let him. :D

Offline Torque

• Gold Member
WTG Georgie!
« Reply #128 on: April 16, 2004, 04:49:07 PM »
Heh, Curly are those burn marks on your feet from the welcome mat or what eh?

cheers...

Offline Rude

• Platinum Member
WTG Georgie!
« Reply #129 on: April 16, 2004, 04:51:06 PM »
Nope.   Prior to the Bush tax cut, that would have been $258,000.00.   Let's see, Steve.  I'll bet me and you probably saved a hundred or two.  What a deal. :)

curly

I've saved alot....thousands.

I'm suprised you have a problem with this.

Offline AKcurly

• Silver Member
WTG Georgie!
« Reply #130 on: April 16, 2004, 04:58:04 PM »
Originally posted by Mini D
I read the thread curly.  The entire pissy assed whine session where you took an article that was basically written solely by looking at two lines of a 1040 and transformed it into a state of the union address.  All the while attributing your current financial woas to a presedent's policies that don't even come close to affecting your current status as a taxpayer.

Your whole concept seems to be we should be paying a flat tax, as long as GWB's don't go down, and taxing more while spending less... and the less spending should be a result of reducing spending overseas.

I could ignore it, but damn curly... when did you turn into such a whiney *****?

MiniD

Well, I guess it is a whine.  I'm not whining about  Bush's tax cut, rather the obscenity of the whole tax cut concept when we have such a massive federal debt in the face of tax cuts.

Here, let me ask it another way.  The other day, I read (somewhere in time or the wall street journal) that 17% of all tax revenue is required to service the interest on the federal deficit.  Now, as I understand it, servicing the interest on the federal deficit isn't a choice - they must do it.

How can tax cuts make sense given the above?

I have no source for the 17% figure other than to say "I read it in Time or the WSJ."  I would appreciate a source if someone stumbles across it.

curly
« Last Edit: April 16, 2004, 05:05:57 PM by AKcurly »

Offline AKcurly

• Silver Member
WTG Georgie!
« Reply #131 on: April 16, 2004, 05:03:52 PM »
Originally posted by Rude
I've saved alot....thousands.

I'm suprised you have a problem with this.

Rude, I have no idea about the size of my savings.  I just threw the $200 figure out.  In reality, my tax savings was probably larger.  I honestly don't know.  I don't do my taxes and I don't read the returns.  I just sign them.  My wife (bank officer) closely scrutinizes them.  I would rather eat puke covered popcorn than look at a tax return.

I have tried (and obviously failed) to state that tax cuts in the face of massive federal debt coupled with increasing federal spending is either obscene, stupid or criminal or possibly a combination of the above.

Hey Rude - cya at the CON. :)

curly

Offline mietla

• Gold Member
WTG Georgie!
« Reply #132 on: April 16, 2004, 07:14:24 PM »
I'm not sure about your sneer (next note down.)  I didn't say anything about my academic credentials.  Iron did.

You must be an engineer mietla -- only an engineer would ask something like the above in an attempt to discover if someone is a mathematician.  Your question is sort of like asking a physician "what are the best nail clippers."  

The answer is there is no answer in closed form.  You can approximate the answer using a Taylor series.  Sometimes the approximation is called "Si(x.)"  I guess you know the approximation, so there's no need for me to write it here.  Just take the Taylor series for sin(x), divide it term by term by x and then integrate each part of the sum.

Tell ya what, mietla.  Let's agree not call me Mr Phd and I won't call you an extrahunk, how's that?   Seriously, if you want to continue the testing, do it through private e-mail.

curly

You are right, that was uncalled for.Sometimes I do behave like an a*hole, and you called me on it.  

I do apologize.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2004, 07:25:37 PM by mietla »

Offline AKcurly

• Silver Member
WTG Georgie!
« Reply #133 on: April 16, 2004, 07:33:57 PM »
Originally posted by mietla
You are right, that was uncalled for.Sometimes I do behave like an a*hole, and you called me on it.  

I do apologize.

No sweat. :)

curly

Offline strk

• Nickel Member
WTG Georgie!
« Reply #134 on: April 16, 2004, 07:41:29 PM »
Originally posted by Steve
Well, perhaps you should consider economics.  It is a fact that every boom in the economy over the last 50 years was preceeded by a tax cut.  Maybe you prefer to live in a recession, but I'll pass.

Aww Baloney.  We just had the biggest quarter of economic growth in the last 20 years.  Take your democratic blinders off.

ha.  prove it.