Author Topic: Whats up with gunnery ballistics?  (Read 1389 times)

Offline Fatty

• Gold Member
      • http://www.fatdrunkbastards.com
Whats up with gunnery ballistics?
« Reply #45 on: October 05, 2000, 01:53:00 AM »
I think the pictures might be lying.

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #46 on: October 05, 2000, 11:39:00 AM »
Hmm.. my gunnery jumped back up to .1050 in two sessions.

I set the convergence at 650; all guns; and gave it a try.. seemed to help on those crossing defelection shots while I'm pulling some 'g's.

Somebody mentioned this 'raises' the bullet stream.

Seemed to work... tho the hit pattern and effectiveness in my usual gun range (275-350 yards) with normal tracking shots has actually decreased. A trade off..

Normally; my info has it that the guns are supposed to be angled up 12-15 degrees from level. Has anybody figured out if this is in fact how AH is set up?? Any way to check it? Sure wish this was an adjustable component of convergence settings.. this way I could adjust my convergence correctly for range AND deflection.

Another assist to the gun average is no doubt a result of straffing panzers... straffing vehicles does not decrease you gun hit percentage; straffing buildings/acks and other fixed game objects does.

Hang

The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline Jigster

• Copper Member
      • http://www.33rd.org
« Reply #47 on: October 05, 2000, 03:20:00 PM »

Originally posted by Hangtime:
Hmm.. my gunnery jumped back up to .1050 in two sessions.

I set the convergence at 650; all guns; and gave it a try.. seemed to help on those crossing defelection shots while I'm pulling some 'g's.

Somebody mentioned this 'raises' the bullet stream.

Seemed to work... tho the hit pattern and effectiveness in my usual gun range (275-350 yards) with normal tracking shots has actually decreased. A trade off..

Normally; my info has it that the guns are supposed to be angled up 12-15 degrees from level. Has anybody figured out if this is in fact how AH is set up?? Any way to check it? Sure wish this was an adjustable component of convergence settings.. this way I could adjust my convergence correctly for range AND deflection.

Another assist to the gun average is no doubt a result of straffing panzers... straffing vehicles does not decrease you gun hit percentage; straffing buildings/acks and other fixed game objects does.

Hang

you can move your gunsight higher within the template and then adjust the head position accordingly.

Not very scientific tho...haven't had to do that since I got the grasp of AH gunnery in beta.