Author Topic: AH Community missing the fun.  (Read 2325 times)

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
AH Community missing the fun.
« on: May 11, 2004, 04:40:59 PM »
Yes.....missing the fun by not flying AH2.  It's (IMHO) outstanding!

Was in MA Tuesday...Urchin, Shane, myself and Shamus.  Text buffer chatter was about the conveyor belt of aircraft from A4 to A239.  MA same old same old....which is ok if ya like that sort of thing.  I asked if anyone wanted to go to AH2.  Shane and Urchin
immediately said yes...Shamus said okie dokey also.

Got there found ManeTMP and Cavalear there already, among others.

I switched sides and Shamus and I flew a few 1 vs 1s in 109F4s.

AH Community this is where you are missing the fun!  Fly AH2!  The FM reminds me somewhat of the old FM....you pay the price for tugging to hard and you either spin, stall or both!  No hitting the target from 1200.....hell....no hitting it from 200 if you don't lead correctly and configure trajectory with target and your movement.

Gun solutions not automatic...you have to earn the solution.

Shamus and I had a hoot!  Took 75 fuel in 109F4s and we were both almost bingo when the fights finally finished.

Do yourself a favor...Get there....Get there now and experience the future of Aces High and enjoy as well as learn.

I can hear the distant whining now as the MA as it is now disappears and AH2 comes to fruition.

The Gunnery Sucks...My Plane doesn't fly right....I have rubber bullets....the whines are coming....and the time is closer then you think!
- The Flying Circus -

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Re: AH Community missing the fun.
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2004, 04:10:08 AM »
- Hajo -
The Gunnery Sucks...My Plane doesn't fly right....I have rubber bullets....the whines are coming....and the time is closer then you think!
YES! YES! YES! - said in best Meg Ryan voice. :lol

I'm looking forward to waving byebye to all that gamey s#it - 800 yard spray shots and the like.

As for the whines, Hajo, you missed something: Don't forget all the account cancellation threats!!

Offline 1K0N

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2004, 06:51:07 AM »
Are the CTD's fixed?

IKON

Offline Lazer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2004, 07:14:45 AM »
Going to be a lot more than just threats... :D

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2004, 07:43:12 AM »
If the fm is like the old pre 1.03 or whatever FM then they will probly have to fix it.

So you think it will be more friendly toward late war planes and burning a full tank of fuel hiding from each other?

lazs

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2004, 08:55:08 AM »
Lazs

Just saying it's going to be more of a challenge.  Gunnery isn't as easy as it is now.  FM requires a little more thought when flying.

Flew the G10, F4, BF110/G2. 109F4, P38 and P47D30.  Seems that all shared the same penalty for overtaxing their limits.  You're going to spin, stall or both.

Even when flying a late war aircraft....gunnery is going to have to improve on the Pilots end.
- The Flying Circus -

Offline gofaster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2004, 09:04:18 AM »
AH2 won't run on my system.  So, its MA or CT until axed, then it'll be subsims and old offline sims thereafter.

Offline Adogg

• Copper Member
...last night
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2004, 09:34:26 AM »
was on for a bit last night until "sick fiancee ack" got me. :rolleyes:

but I had the opportunity to try the mossie, the n1k and an La5.

FM is good (although I'm no expert) i learned from my first forray into AH2B not to yank the stick - La7 looked funny with wings snapped back. :lol:

Lost control of the Mossie as well last night due to over-anxious snap-shooting :o

My one big gripe is the clipboard. It's in the freaking way in the hangar. You can't rapidly up a mount if your field is about to get capped. :mad:

The unmanned field AAA is less accurate (kinda like an excited human on the other end)  but when it does hit you - Kapow.

For those of you who have suitable hardware - come on over to the beta and try and break it.

Offline dracon

• Nickel Member
      • http://myweb.cableone.net/decon14/
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2004, 09:45:10 AM »
gofaster...If AH I runs then I'm betting AH II will run.  Too many people, including myself, gave up too quickly on the Beta.  Actually AH II when offered was more Alpha than Beta.  My FPS are 12% higher in AH II that in AH I right now.  One of my squaddies, Darknet, skinned the P-51 in 339th Historical Skins.  He told me to get back in there.  I did.  I like it.

I'll say this.  It really doesn't look much different on the surface then AH I.  This might be because none of the cockpits have been changed.  It's when you look left at your wing or look at the ground building details.  At this point, the Sun looks better than in I but still has something to be desired.  FM's I really can't tell as like the subject of this post....No one is there.  I wish more would fly there so we can see the real AH II.  In all, I think more has been done "Under-the-Hood".

Connects are the same.  Cable, DSL, DialUp all are about the same as in AH I.

My $.02

Offline Mathman

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2004, 10:32:23 AM »
I played for a couple hours on Saturday.  I really like the way it has progressed.  There are a few issues here and there, but overall it seems to be coming along very nicely.

Offline Edbert

• Gold Member
      • http://www.edbert.net
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2004, 10:34:07 AM »
Originally posted by gofaster
AH2 won't run on my system.  So, its MA or CT until axed, then it'll be subsims and old offline sims thereafter.

A hardware upgrade is in the cards for me although I could not use AH2 as the excuse. There's a whole new wave of games coming out that'll finally tax my older hardware, Doom3 wont run without a DX9 certified card. Then there's HL2, and even the current game "Far Cry" forces me to turn some stuff off and run in 1024X768. It is about time if you ask me though, I have a 2 year old vid card (ti4400) and my proc is only a 2200.

As far as sub games go, I assume you're playing Enigma?

Offline Siaf__csf

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2004, 11:42:49 AM »
Heh you'll need a LOT more than just a DX9 certified card to play DoomIII.

It runs playable only on the best of the best CPU and most expensive displaycard you can find. And probably even still it'll freeze up in tough situations.

Offline mars01

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2004, 12:09:13 PM »
Come and fly tonight - 13th TAS always starts out in AHII Weds 9:00PM EST USA.

Offline nopoop

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2004, 10:23:11 PM »
Good time tonight. I think we had 28 in there at one point.  Lookin good.
nopoop

It's ALL about the fight..

Offline Octavius

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2004, 10:49:55 PM »
Originally posted by nopoop
Good time tonight. I think we had 28 in there at one point.  Lookin good.

its about damn time ;)

... now i just need to find some time and force my self BACK in there :)
octavius
Fat Drunk BasTards (forum)

"bastard coated bastards with bastard filling?  delicious!"
Guest of the ++Blue Knights++[/size]