Author Topic: AH Community missing the fun.  (Read 2324 times)

Offline ZO2

• Zinc Member
ah2 looks nice
« Reply #60 on: May 17, 2004, 10:12:40 AM »
very nice i was actually able to connect to the ma and fly. usually i get host disco soon as i hit the ma. only problem though....my system isnt quite big enough to play ah2. i got into it with a temp and spit i think near an nmy base. first i dropped on the town with n1k eggs. i dropped and framerate to to 1. i engaged the 2 cons and ended up dieing cause framerate was hovering at around 1 cause nasty lag like creature to pop its head.

love to start playing ah2 but at the moment but aint got the cash to upgrade cpu. gonna cost about 200 just to be able to play it without a problem.... so its gonna be a while.

Offline Icer

• Nickel Member
AH Community missing the fun.
« Reply #61 on: May 17, 2004, 12:12:42 PM »
Originally posted by beet1e
Hmmm... I thought the modern video driver packages did all that uninstallation for you. That was certainly the case with my ATi Radeon driver package when I put in the Rad-9600. I know that in years gone by you really had to do a fine toothcomb cleanup job - purging registry entries etc. But I thought those days were gone.

So you're saying I can't just install the Omega drivers over the top?

Beetle -
ATI's standard CAT's release deals with the Control Panel overwrite. Omega's do it differently, so Omega wants you to simply uninstall ATI Control Panel (use "ADD/Remove Programs " in Windows CP), then run the new Omega driver .exe file.  Once you go with Omega's driver set you don't ever have to do anything but run his latest install EXE. If, for some reason you want to go back to ATI CATs just install them right over Omega's, leaving ATI Control Panel (Omega's version of it) in place. If you have a problem or questions I would be happy to walk you through it real time using Teamspeak, just let me know.

Here is the readme, edited for your use.. and a link to the file itself.

REMINDERS:
1- If you have the normal ATI drivers installed, uninstall the ATI Control Panel
   BEFORE upgrading to these drivers, the Omega Drivers already have the CP integrated
   and another CP will cause conflicts or other problems.

2- There is no need to uninstall ANY previous drivers (ATI or OMEGA) when
   installing these, they will override any previous settings.

3- In Windows 2k/XP, ALWAYS disable DDC in the ATI "Displays/Monitor" CP after
   installing drivers to be able to use ALL the refresh rates and resolutions
   your monitor supports, also this is the best way to avoid the 60Hz RR bug.

4- The WDM drivers for VIVO and AIW cards are not included, but they can be
   downloaded separately from a link in my drivers page.

5- The Radeon cards do support FastWrites and they will work with it on
   (on some machines), but it is not recommended, there is NO SPEED gain
   when using FW, and this option will affect your PC's stability a LOT,
   most game crashes and problems are because FW is enabled.

I don't recomend the use of ANY external tweakers with my drivers (specially Rage3D
tweaker), as they override my special settings and will make my work useless.  The only
time I recommend a tweaker is when you have a specific problem with a specific tweak
and need to change it in order to make the drivers work correctly.  Also if you use
a tweaker for overclocking, FSAA, Gamma or Aniso settings, is just fine, but you'll
be better off using the integrated ATI CP for that (which is ok by me if you change
any setting in it).

http://www.omegacorner.com/radeon_omega_drivers.txt

:aok
Win11 Pro 23H2/ Asus Z790-PLUS D4, / i9-13900KF @5.8Gz, 64GB DDR4 @3192mhz / 2TB M.2 NvMe Boot Drive, Zotac Gaming GeForce 4090 - 546.33 drivers/ 3 Samsung 32" 7680x1440 at 144Hz  / TIR 5/ TM Warthog HOTAS w/VirPil stick base/ MFG V3 Pedals/ TM MFDs on 8" Lilliputs/ Simgears ICP/ Varjo Aero VR

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #62 on: May 19, 2004, 10:11:43 AM »
I've installed the Omega drivers, having uninstalled the ATi control panel. I have set VSync to always ON, but I have not yet applied that Anti-Aliasing tweak mentioned later.

Still getting a frame rate of around 74. Still using only 35MB of the video card memory. Everything looks exactly as it did before.

:confused:

Offline Icer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #63 on: May 20, 2004, 10:44:13 AM »
Originally posted by beet1e
I've installed the Omega drivers, having uninstalled the ATi control panel. I have set VSync to always ON, but I have not yet applied that Anti-Aliasing tweak mentioned later.

Still getting a frame rate of around 74. Still using only 35MB of the video card memory. Everything looks exactly as it did before.

:confused:

The Omega's based on the latest CAT's (4.5) have just been released, not sure if you got those or not. Be sure to set AA to at least 4X and Anistropic to 8X (under Direct3D Tab), not Application preference. I'm currently running 6X and 16X and getting great framerates.
Win11 Pro 23H2/ Asus Z790-PLUS D4, / i9-13900KF @5.8Gz, 64GB DDR4 @3192mhz / 2TB M.2 NvMe Boot Drive, Zotac Gaming GeForce 4090 - 546.33 drivers/ 3 Samsung 32" 7680x1440 at 144Hz  / TIR 5/ TM Warthog HOTAS w/VirPil stick base/ MFG V3 Pedals/ TM MFDs on 8" Lilliputs/ Simgears ICP/ Varjo Aero VR

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #64 on: May 22, 2004, 01:34:20 PM »
Originally posted by Icer
The Omega's based on the latest CAT's (4.5) have just been released, not sure if you got those or not. Be sure to set AA to at least 4X and Anistropic to 8X (under Direct3D Tab), not Application preference. I'm currently running 6X and 16X and getting great framerates.
I've made those two changes and, sure enough, 70MB of the video card is now being used instead of around 30MB!

Better still, for the first time since I entered Flightsimdom, the trailing edge of a wing looks straight - instead of looking like a hacksaw blade! :cool:

Frame rate is as before at around 74.

I'm not going to have much time for AH in the coming week, but I'll be sure to let you know how things turn out. (Hehe, we have a TAS member flying in from Bermuda who I hope to meet next week)

Many thanks -

Beet1e