Author Topic: Some reactions from the arab world about Nick Berg's gruesome assassination  (Read 7099 times)

Offline TheDudeDVant

• Gold Member
Originally posted by Eagler
"alert" is one thing, to grind into the ground/inflame hatred for their personal gain is another.. the investigations were already under way when the media got hold of the photos.
the media did not break the story, the military was already handling it...the media did nothing but inflame the hatred of us to our enemies for a bag of gold.

At one turn we have folks talking how America is great because we started investigations and started the wheels of action against those responsible for the terrible acts carried out by our troops. How we differ from those we wish to denouce because of such actions.

On the other hand, you have folks like Eagler here unknowingly screeming we are no better than those we wish to cast out... Rightous indeed..

dude

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
Grind into the ground?   what a party puppet.

Hell when the scandal broke it had been almost a YEAR after the crap started and what we've heard has been only the tip of the iceburg. If it wasn't for the news diggin into it the public would not know what a huge problem this is instead of what I'm sure the US administration would rather people believe whic is that all of this was a few rogue soldiers at fault.

IMO the prison abuse situation is a symptom of a larger problematic "disease" that starts right at the top.  For IMO there is no literally no difference between Bush, Blair,Rumsfield and Cheney using force to beat the crap out of Iraq and what the prison guards and intellegence interogators have done. When your leaders send a clear message that they can do whatever they want to because they have the power then who can seriously lay all the blame on the troops at the lowest rung of the chain of command?  And who can fault the general and her underlings for denying responsibilty for thier actions and thier  rampant finger pointing when that behavior too is something they've been tought to do by the leaders of thier country for the last several years.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Originally posted by TheDudeDVant
At one turn we have folks talking how America is great because we started investigations and started the wheels of action against those responsible for the terrible acts carried out by our troops. How we differ from those we wish to denouce because of such actions.

On the other hand, you have folks like Eagler here unknowingly screeming we are no better than those we wish to cast out... Rightous indeed..

dude

huh?
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Originally posted by Westy
Grind into the ground?   what a party puppet.

Hell when the scandal broke it had been almost a YEAR after the crap started and what we've heard has been only the tip of the iceburg. If it wasn't for the news diggin into it the public would not know what a huge problem this is instead of what I'm sure the US administration would rather people believe whic is that all of this was a few rogue soldiers at fault.

IMO the prison abuse situation is a symptom of a larger problematic "disease" that starts right at the top.  For IMO there is no literally no difference between Bush, Blair,Rumsfield and Cheney using force to beat the crap out of Iraq and what the prison guards and intellegence interogators have done. When your leaders send a clear message that they can do whatever they want to because they have the power then who can seriously lay all the blame on the troops at the lowest rung of the chain of command?  And who can fault the general and her underlings for denying responsibilty for thier actions and thier  rampant finger pointing when that behavior too is something they've been tought to do by the leaders of thier country for the last several years.

of course it is and if goron or skerry kerry were in charge it would never of happened ... righttttttttttttt

:rolleyes:

how about it was a group of sickos, uniform or not, caught red handed and now will pay the price.. but pls lets blame Bush (again) and raise the hate level against our entire country & the western world in the process

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
Your link is dead. Do you have another?
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
"of course it is and if goron or skerry kerry were in charge it would never of happened ... righttttttttttttt"

Like I said.  You're a "party puppet"

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
 LOL

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
Huh. The jokes on you ya puppet.  I remain a steadfast independent and refuse to join either politcal establishments. I did not vote for Clinton or Gore and I will not vote for Kerry either. And it almost goes withouth saying that the worst of the bunch is Bush and I will never vote for him or anyone from his administration that may run for office in the future.

I guess it would suck real bad for you if you're unable to label someone accurately (although I may be wrong in thinking you'd ever try to be accurate) as a liberal or Democrat.

Why!  You'd be just like that loser of a character Archie Bunker wouldn't you?

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
Westy are you gonna vote at all this year?

In some way it seems that you and I are quite similar, except that I swing to the right and you seem to swing to the left in your views. However both of us refuse to join the parties and are both uncomfortable with voting for the current crop of politicians whether we agree or disagree with their general policies.

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
You guys shouldn't be so smug about not voting. By not voting you have pretty much cast your vote for the candidate that wins.
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
I will Grunherz  but I don't know who yet.  One thing I will do is stay true to beliefs and I won't toss it away on a candidate simply because he is only a little less sick and dishonest in comparison to the other.

I've been thinking lately of writing in McCain on my ballot.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2004, 11:48:58 AM by Westy »

Offline Thud

• Nickel Member
Every time a political subject comes up on these boards I am surprised by the ease certain people resort to blaming the media.
'Regardless the problem, it must have been caused by the media!'
The funny thing is, they would love to shut down those media that don't completely support their views, while on the other hand those who hold opposite views don't have the desire to do so with Fox and other puppet comedies.

Says quite a lot about those involved...

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Originally posted by Westy
I will Grunherz  but I don't know who yet.  One thing I will do is stay true to beliefs and I won't toss it away on a candidate simply because he is only a little less sick and dishonest in comparison to the other.

I've been thinking lately of writing in McCain on my ballot.

mr westy  is from the NE

mini jfk has him in the  bag LOL

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
Originally posted by StabbyTheIcePic
This picture is pretty dumb, as the media has covered the murder of nick berg far more the past day then what was going on over in our pow camps.

Seriously, I agree.  I mean... the WHOLE DAY they showed pictures of Nick Berg inbetween the prison coverage that has been going on for two weeks!

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
"mr westy is from the NE. mini jfk has him in the bag LOL"

Yeah.  You see things no one else can Archie!