Author Topic: Final...CH1 Gone in AHII  (Read 2255 times)

Offline mars01

• Platinum Member
Final...CH1 Gone in AHII
« Reply #45 on: June 02, 2004, 10:21:05 AM »
No kidding .vsquelch will squelch vox for certailn members?

Whoooo Hooooo good bye constant Little Napoleaon updates.  "Some one get this", "you guys climb high", "whos got that", "why don't these guys kill the carrier, all they want to do is fight",  "Whaaaaaaaaaaaa".  

I can't wait to try this!!!!!!!  I must admit it was worse with knights.  Sorry guys you know who they are.

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
Final...CH1 Gone in AHII
« Reply #46 on: June 02, 2004, 10:56:22 AM »
If HT were to assigned MORE moderators then CH 1 could be viable again, in my eyes, but if not, then get rid of it and tune to Ch 200.

Yup, just talked to HiTech about it and he explained to me what he was tyring to accomplish in getting rid of Ch1 and going to something like Ch200.

I must admit he made complete sense as I figured he would.

I do beleive we need more mods in the game though. I think that no matter what, people will always need "watching over". No one is perfect, everyone slips up. We just need someone to be able to remind them that they are playing a game and must not abuse their privilages. If they do so they will be taken away.

Morph.
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline mojo55

• Zinc Member
Final...CH1 Gone in AHII
« Reply #47 on: June 02, 2004, 10:58:07 AM »
Looks like channel one is up again in AH2

Offline LtPillur

• Copper Member
Final...CH1 Gone in AHII
« Reply #48 on: June 02, 2004, 11:49:43 AM »
Originally posted by mojo55
Looks like channel one is up again in AH2

Good! I'd rather squelch the channel than have to squelch every person I don't want to get garbage from. I was afraid that we would now have three country channels with crap on them. Actually squelching chan 1 is the first thing I do when i log in. Otherwise I can hardly read the messages that i need to (country, room, mission etc)
Pillur

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
Final...CH1 Gone in AHII
« Reply #49 on: June 02, 2004, 12:02:05 PM »
Originally posted by Delirium
I agree with Morph completely... because we have a few inconsiderate people who act like  12 year olds, the rest of us are puinished.

I have a few people I enjoy catching up with even tho they are on the other side, this just ruined a big portion of the game for me. Alot of have been complaining about the degrading community and instead of adding more moderators to clean it up, they encourage the decline by dividing the community by 3.

I can't understand this decision for the life of me, makes no sense.

This bites, I can no longer harass Neckbone, LTARprts, Shane, Silat, Dantoo and countless others, including entire USMC squad (USgrim, etc).

I'd just like to thank all of the teenagers who made this possible.:rolleyes:

<> HTC, you saw fit to implement change, I stand by that.

Karaya
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
Final...CH1 Gone in AHII
« Reply #50 on: June 02, 2004, 12:29:54 PM »
Originally posted by MoRphEuS
Yup, just talked to HiTech about it and he explained to me what he was tyring to accomplish in getting rid of Ch1 and going to something like Ch200.

I must admit he made complete sense as I figured he would.

I do beleive we need more mods in the game though. I think that no matter what, people will always need "watching over". No one is perfect, everyone slips up. We just need someone to be able to remind them that they are playing a game and must not abuse their privilages. If they do so they will be taken away.

Morph.

SWEET !!! ... then it's on to Zion my friend ... YOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
Final...CH1 Gone in AHII
« Reply #51 on: June 02, 2004, 12:44:35 PM »
Thats it Slapshot!!! DA! NOw!:mad:

:p :lol

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
Final...CH1 Gone in AHII
« Reply #52 on: June 02, 2004, 12:53:10 PM »
Thats it Slapshot!!! DA! NOw!:mad:

:p :lol

Not if your gonna fly the Nebuchadnezzar !!!

No thanks ... Every time I get behind you you push that damn EMP button and I drop from the sky like a rock.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2004, 01:01:21 PM by SlapShot »
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Final...CH1 Gone in AHII
« Reply #53 on: June 02, 2004, 03:41:17 PM »
I have no axe to grind about Ch1. I have often squelched it. I'd rather it stayed because then I would be able to choose when it was there and when it wasn't, without having that choice made for me.

I first heard about this change about 2 days ago from Havoc. See my sig. for a classic quote. :lol

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
Final...CH1 Gone in AHII
« Reply #54 on: June 02, 2004, 03:54:15 PM »
Not if your gonna fly the Nebuchadnezzar !!!

LOL wtf!

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
Final...CH1 Gone in AHII
« Reply #55 on: June 02, 2004, 03:59:38 PM »
LOL wtf!

Geeesh ... you don't know the name of the ship that Morpheus captains ?
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Offline TweetyBird

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Final...CH1 Gone in AHII
« Reply #56 on: June 02, 2004, 04:39:54 PM »
>>People can and will sue over just about anything these days.<<

Well here's the problem. If you take measures that would lead any reasonable adult to believe the language/content will be safe for children and it isn't, you in fact create MORE liability.  I doubt seriously it would float in court as the internet is still considered uncensored. But trying to sell a watered down, non offensive form of the internet could involve one in even more litigation if negligence is proven in delivering that "watered down, child-safe" product. The absolute minimum liability is providing the internet as is, making no claims to filter it or make it safe for children

As far as sue happy people - do you honestly believe they would be at a loss for reasons to sue if ch1 is removed?

The problem is people can sue with no fear of frivilous law suits costing them money. Tort reform - you lose - you *PAY*
« Last Edit: June 02, 2004, 04:44:56 PM by TweetyBird »

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
Final...CH1 Gone in AHII
« Reply #57 on: June 02, 2004, 08:25:09 PM »
I never have squelched a player or a channel. I was never bothered by what anyone said on CV1, as long as they were not cussing or belittleing someone.

I'm not the world's fastest  typest....I will hardly ever look up the correct spelling for someone's ID, type that into the channel box and talk to them in private......I type too slow. On channel 1, I could just say a quick "nice shot" or even and "lol" after I'm shot down.

I will miss not having it available. One of the best things channel1 is good for is telling everyone where you are flying so they can come try and kill ya ( in my case, I die very easily). Or, asking a quick question on channel1 almost always gets a helpful answer.

HiTech, I guess you thought a lot about it, but it does seem like a harsh thing to remove ch1 entirely.

Offline tatertot

• Nickel Member
Final...CH1 Gone in AHII
« Reply #58 on: June 02, 2004, 08:30:28 PM »
Man i understand why but thats half the fun egging the other side on :(  so i guess ill give evryone a big S!!!!!!!!!!!!! now =[
THE NAME TATERTOT IS NOT FROM MY FAV FOOD !!!!!!

Offline TBolt A-10

• Silver Member
      • http://www.picturehangar.com
Final...CH1 Gone in AHII
« Reply #59 on: June 03, 2004, 02:48:59 AM »
I don't like the idea of killing channel 1.  If people can't handle the chatter, they should just tune out.   The rest of the community should be able to communicate and enjoy the bantering during those long flights.

HT, please add a .f GameId feature, too.   just needs to be said now and then.  ;)
« Last Edit: June 03, 2004, 02:52:54 AM by TBolt A-10 »