Author Topic: sigh...  (Read 2030 times)

Offline mars01

• Platinum Member
sigh...
« Reply #45 on: June 24, 2004, 06:06:32 PM »
Hate to hijack but I never understood why you gents joined the team which has the most players, the vast majority of the time.

Was it something someone did to you gents?

Nothing like that, we were just looking for a change of scenery, get to know some new folks etc.

I am glad that we changed, it gives you a better perspective of the game and the people that play it.

Offline kevykev56

• Silver Member
sigh...
« Reply #46 on: June 24, 2004, 06:19:11 PM »
Lots of effort without any reward is what happend at 17 last night. I ran several squad missions in there dropping hangars each time with no net effect. The planes still came up and a cap couldnt be established because of the HO Kill enemy and up again mentality. The numbers were so upside down was the reason.

On improvements I suggest with each hangar destroyed to limit the planeset of the field.  Incrementally of course until they(FH)are all down and then no fighters allowed up. Would make FH a more jucy target, and still allow some good fights and even knock the cobwebs off some of the early war planes.

I love the new AH2 bugs and all. We live with them until they are fixed and try to make it a better game for all. You just cant please everyone all the time.

Kev....AKA "RHINO"
RHIN0 Retired C.O. Sick Puppies Squadron

Offline mars01

• Platinum Member
sigh...
« Reply #47 on: June 24, 2004, 06:25:54 PM »
Sounds like fun on both sides to me.

So what were the numbers like?  If you guys had such a small amount of people why didn't you get more or change targets?

Offline kevykev56

• Silver Member
sigh...
« Reply #48 on: June 24, 2004, 06:32:38 PM »
Mars01 it wasnt a small amout. Bish were down to 5 bases almost the entire Bish team was at that base. Missions were sent to the back bases to try and take pressure off of 17 and to no avail. There are no GV spawns to 17 from any of the bases we had.  17 was the only logical target.

I did have fun and lots of it. After tireing of the onslaught at 17 I went over HQ to kill some of the milk runners. Got into a nice tangle with a couple of ponys. There was still fun to be had, just next to no way we could get our HQ back wich i think was the main goal. Not just wanting to be toolshed killers we were trying to take back bases so we could get some dar relief.

RHIN0

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
sigh...
« Reply #49 on: June 24, 2004, 06:43:18 PM »
Originally posted by Engine
Shoot them down, and then keep them down.    Try winning the base through superior combat skills, not through porking.

Skills? lol They wont be won through skills but through numbers just like they always are.
Only now its gonna be worse.
Because now there is no effective way to slow down the hordes let alone stop them
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline mars01

• Platinum Member
sigh...
« Reply #50 on: June 24, 2004, 06:44:37 PM »
Ahhh the ole, we have few bases left and it's either fight with our eyes closed and deal or log.

I can appreciate that, been there.

Still, the base capture doesn't have to made easier does it.  I guess if it were easier, maybe the map would have been reset sooner????

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
sigh...
« Reply #51 on: June 24, 2004, 06:48:00 PM »
Originally posted by mars01
A horde is only a horde when the country being attacked can not produce equal numbers to fend off the attackers.

If a large mission is comming in say 20 planes and 20 planes up to defend, then I would call this a good fight.

heh, you must be a rook
LOL
Death is no easy answer
It ain't pretty

Offline mars01

• Platinum Member
sigh...
« Reply #52 on: June 24, 2004, 06:51:24 PM »
Only now its gonna be worse.
Because now there is no effective way to slow down the hordes let alone stop them
Do you mean by fuel porking.  Fuels porking almost always fked the ones trying to defend.

So you kill the fuel where the horde was comming from, they are just going to horde another field from you somewere else.

Offline kevykev56

• Silver Member
sigh...
« Reply #53 on: June 24, 2004, 06:53:56 PM »
Still, the base capture doesn't have to made easier does it. I guess if it were easier, maybe the map would have been reset sooner????

Map should have been reset with 5 bases left.  But thats another thread.

Not sure base capture ever was easy, its just alot harder now. In some instances almost impossible. Im up for a challenge, just not an insurmountable one.

Limit planeset with each FH destroyed.

RHIN0

Offline Cobra412

• Silver Member
sigh...
« Reply #54 on: June 24, 2004, 07:36:10 PM »
Here's my input on it.  What would be nice is in a way force coordinated attacks.

Here's what I mean.  This is based on dealing with major strategic targets and how they directly affect the local area.  Now say if you just want to pork an areas fuel, troops or ord.  What you'd have to do is coordinate an attack at their sister strat.  Say if you wanna hit and pork fuel only, you have to hit the fuel refinery in the same area to really affect how quickly it comes up.  I know currently thats how it's suppose to be setup.  I guess it just doesn't seem to affect the areas enough.  

Same should go with certain targets like fighter hangars and bomber hangars.  Have a sister strat for them so if you wanna take down hangars and make them stay down for awhile then you have to hit say the bomber factory and the fighter factory.  What it comes down to is if folks wanna take a base and pork it to nothing they have to make a real effort and plan attacks on the sister strat in the area or else when they take down certain strat at the base itself it won't affect the base that much and probability of capturing it will be in the low teens.

Right now the only thing that seems to affect game play alot is hitting HQ.  Granted that should be a hard target to get to but how often do we go without any dar?  Opposed to making it affect dar bars and dots it should only affect a series of inputs to the whole game.  Now I think HQ should have a different series of things it affects when it goes down.  For starters major dar bars outside of friendly territory (not covered by local small radars)shouldn't be able to be seen.  If we implemented local and strategical radars then this could be an option.  Have many local strategic radars tha cover a large area and smaller local radars that cover x amount around bases themselves.  Basically model radars that cover x amount of distance and height.  That way cons at high alts aren't just showing a dar bar but relative alt and distance.  It could also affect how quickly the initial dispatch of supplies go but not to an extreme extent. There are other ways of reporting attacks other than through HQ the only difference is how quickly the get disiminated to all of the bases.  Local bases around the attack would have supplies dispatched fairly quickly so long as HQ is the only thing hit.

Heck I could go on and on about this but it's just a suggestion.  One thing I'd prefer to see which would help use resources in a better way is teaching folks that it doesn't take 5 folks to chase one bird around for 10 minutes.  Especially when there are alot of enemy cons inb.

Offline blutic

• Copper Member
sigh...
« Reply #55 on: June 24, 2004, 07:41:13 PM »
Knights have numbers?
Darn, I have to start paying attention;) ;)
This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. This is not a way of life at all in any true sense. Under the clouds of war, it is humanity hanging on a cross of iron.—Dwight Eisenhower, April 16, 1953

Offline Jasta

• Copper Member
sigh...
« Reply #56 on: June 24, 2004, 07:51:51 PM »
leave the fuel, leave the ammo, but limit the planes. I think it could do nothing but good.

And to take away the capture element of the game would remove a lot of the fun and realism of the game.

but I really like zazen's idea. It would really open the entire map up.

Offline Xargos

• Platinum Member
sigh...
« Reply #57 on: June 24, 2004, 09:25:17 PM »
Just a thought.  If a counrty has many more players then the others their hangers, fuel, troops and such should stay down longer.  Or is this already part of the game?
Jeffery R."Xargos" Ward

"At least I have chicken." 
Member DFC

Offline Overlag

• Gold Member
sigh...
« Reply #58 on: June 24, 2004, 09:35:37 PM »
Originally posted by Xargos
Just a thought.  If a counrty has many more players then the others their hangers, fuel, troops and such should stay down longer.  Or is this already part of the game?

that sounds like a good idea!

the more things HTC do to make people NOT want to be on the side with most numbers, the better

so far we only have perks and the modifiers, but that generaly doesnt mean anything
Adam Webb - 71st (Eagle) Squadron RAF Wing B
This post has a Krusty rating of 37

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
sigh...
« Reply #59 on: June 24, 2004, 10:24:06 PM »
Originally posted by mars01
Do you mean by fuel porking.  Fuels porking almost always fked the ones trying to defend.

So you kill the fuel where the horde was comming from, they are just going to horde another field from you somewere else.

Sometimes yes. And then you do it all over again.
Doesnt always completely stop em but sure does slow em down someties long enough for a proper defence ot be mounted of if it can be maintained long enough till they start going to bed
but just as often I've seen the horde forced to attack the numbers. Thus playing into the furballers hands.
And also just as often I've seen the hord eturn its attention to the other country
Death is no easy answer
It ain't pretty