Author Topic: Aces HIgh II: 1st Camp After Action Report  (Read 4134 times)

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
Aces HIgh II: 1st Camp After Action Report
« Reply #165 on: August 04, 2004, 11:21:02 AM »
Originally posted by Dead Man Flying

Vulching likewise improves all stats categories.  Can we honestly state that a team able to put twice as many players in the air as any other team would somehow vulch only as often or less often than those other sides?  Any discrepency in base ownership indicates vulching opportunities.  If Rooks, for example, own twice as many bases as both Knights and Bishops, then by definition they have had twice as many vulching opportunities due to attacking and capturing those bases.

-- Todd/Leviathn

I'll have to take your word for it on the vulching issue. I detest vulching and I refuse to do it. I would much rather just fly to a support base and kill their re-enforements coming in. But, from what I can tell from my 35k perch  is, vulching isn't as prevalent as some would believe. There aren't too many people that will up a CAP'd field once and especially more than once these days and even when they do, there's 30 vulchers all competing for his arse. So, the impact vulching has on one individual's statistics is likely very minimal. Factor into that the great risk of dying to ground fire and you probably have a risk/reward wash.

Zazen
Zazen PhD of Cherrypickology
Author of, "The Zen Art of Cherrypicking" and other related works.
Quote, "Cherrypicking is a state of mind & being, not only Art and Scienc

Offline mars01

• Platinum Member
« Reply #166 on: August 04, 2004, 11:27:17 AM »
I'll have to take your word for it on the vulching issue. I detest vulching and I refuse to do it. I would much rather just fly to a support base and kill their re-enforements coming in. But, from what I can tell from my 35k perch is, vulching isn't as prevalent as some would believe. There aren't too many people that will up a CAP'd field once and especially more than once these days and even when they do, there's 30 vulchers all competing for his arse. So, the impact vulching has on one individual's statistics is likely very minimal. Factor into that the great risk of dying to ground fire and you probably have a risk/reward wash.
There are people that have made vulching an art form and I seem them doing it more often than not.  All it takes is one or two decent vulches to totaly affect your score.  But there is only one place that separates the vulchers from the ones that have real fighter skill and thats the, yep you guessed it, DA. :D

Again this comes down to the fact that MA score is easily manipulated and padded.  The only way we have to tell if a person really posses the ability to fight is in a 1 vs 1 match up be it in the MA or the DA.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2004, 11:34:43 AM by mars01 »

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
« Reply #167 on: August 04, 2004, 11:34:47 AM »
Originally posted by mars01
Your back is against the wall and you are pandering.

Ok so you are a better MA pilot than he is because your score is higher.

What this means is that you have a better ability to manipulate your score in the MA where you can pick your engagements that you can easily win and not need a whole lot of skill.

To go 1 vs 1 against an opponent where the only advantage you have is your own skill is the only proof of how good you are in any arena.

You have just proven what everyone in this thread has said. Score means very little and does not accurately reflect anything other than one persons ability to manipulate their own score.

I disagree if your SA sucks you will suck in MA and in DA.  But since your MA skill has given you such great SA as proven by your score you should have an advantage over anyone you duel with.  So you are saying because you aren't testing your SA to the max that Dueling has no value or ability to prove one skill vs another?  Please explain.

The only thing a fighter rank tells us based soley on the numbers is that people are good at picking fights they can easily win.  Without being able to back their score up in a single pilot Vs pilot engagement there is no proof otherwise.  If you are as good as your score says in the much more chaotic MA then you should have an easy time 1 vs 1.  If you can't fight decently in a 1 vs 1 than you are just good at picking easy fights and not much else.

You shouldn't be so afraid of the DA honestly.

Lol Mars, you are arguing just for the sake of arguing, but for the sake of public interest I'll bite. You are falling into the same trap as AKAK, making assumptions about my flying style and proclivity toward engagements of one type or another with ZERO first-hand knowledge. You assume, just because I have a great rank I do not ever fight at a disadvantage or engage in relatively equal 1 vs. 1's. I'm sorry old friend but that couldn't be further from the truth.

Obviously, nothing I say here is going to sink in, but assuming just because someone has a high fighter rank they MUST be flying for score and somehow subtely manipulating it, is just false. I rank highly even when flying with no regard whatsoever for score or survival, even engaging in situations that are almost certainly going to result in my untimely demise.

I have no fear of the DA, what I fear is setting a dangerous precident for myself whereby everyone with a chip on their shoulder challenges me to a grudge duel which by virtue of past acceptance I'm oblidged to accept. The DA represents a training tool for me, nothing more. If someone wanted to duel me for edification and education I'm there Baby! Just ask Shane, we duelled one afternoon when I first started playing AH, he kicked my prettythang in F6F-5 several times, was a great learning experience for me (I think I still have the films somewhere).

Zazen
« Last Edit: August 04, 2004, 11:51:36 AM by Zazen13 »

Offline 2bighorn

• Gold Member
« Reply #168 on: August 04, 2004, 11:57:09 AM »
OK Zazen, I could manage some edification and education in DA  :D

Offline mars01

• Platinum Member
« Reply #169 on: August 04, 2004, 12:47:20 PM »
Lol Mars, you are arguing just for the sake of arguing
Not true I think if you are going to come out and state that score is the Be All and End All of a persons ability then I for one want to see you back it up.  Thats all.  Is it wrong for me to ask you to put your money where your mouth is?

I do not put alot of weight in MA score, I do put alot of weight in people with a good MA score and the ability to back it up in an even match up, be it in the DA or the MA.

I do not put alot of weight in a guy that always flies from an advantage and cherry picks me when I am engaged with someone that really wants to fight.  Not saying that is how you fly and I am not saying that I am above doing this.  I am just saying it doesn't take much skill.

You are falling into the same trap as AKAK, making assumptions about my flying style and proclivity toward engagements of one type or another with ZERO first-hand knowledge. You assume, just because I have a great rank I do not ever fight at a disadvantage or engage in relatively equal 1 vs. 1's. I'm sorry old friend but that couldn't be further from the truth.
If you believed this you would back it up.  There is no harm in going to the DA.
Obviously, nothing I say here is going to sink in, but assuming just because someone has a high fighter rank they MUST be flying for score is just false.
Cmon if you were so sure about your ability you would take the challenge.  Don't give me some moral BS this is a game.  Going to the DA has no ramifications or ill affects.  If anything you are guarnateed some easy kills, some great fights or a good learning expieriance.  Also it's not a matter of it needing to sink in.  Don't insult me, that is a shure sign that you are losing grip.
I rank highly with even when flying with no regard whatsoever for score or survival, even engaging in situations that are almost certainly going to result in my untimely demise.
I really don't think you engage in many if any "situations that are almost certainly going to result in your  untimely demise." especially with your Zazen account.  If this is not the case then come clean with your shade accounts and let us know what they are?
what I fear is setting a dangerous precident for myself whereby everyone with a chip on their shoulder challenges me to a grudge duel which by virtue of past acceptance I'm oblidged to accept.
Give me a break Mother Teresa:D  You make statements about your score VS another then you should be able to back them up.  Akak did not have a chip on his sholder he just didn't agree with you and you two started lambasting him with your score.  He wanted you to put your money where your mouth is.  Something I think you are running from.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2004, 12:51:54 PM by mars01 »

Offline BUG_EAF322

• Gold Member
      • http://bug322.startje.com
« Reply #170 on: August 04, 2004, 12:48:32 PM »
How does playing on my wife's account necessarily make me a score potato? Often, the only reason I play on my wife's account is because she is Knights and I use her account to help knights vs. Bishops when their numbers get espeically bad.

now this is really interesting
:rolleyes:

Offline SLO

• Gold Member
« Reply #171 on: August 04, 2004, 03:14:09 PM »
haven't been in the DA in a long time.....

last time was against WldThing, now that was a mistake, cause that boy had been practicing with some fine drivers. But still I went(even though I was warned) and got my big fat butt handed to me so fast for the 3 runs but the forth I whacked em.

DA can be a measuring stick somehow, but like I said, I don't make it a practice of goin to the DA but Wldthing did and it showed.....still didn't stop me from vulchin his prettythang in the MA.

make one mistake in the MA and I'll punch your clock. Just like alot of fine drivers out there that can do the same.

DA is for stall fighting between too of the same kind, it doesn't prove I can whack your Spit with my Typhoon:aok

Offline mars01

• Platinum Member
« Reply #172 on: August 04, 2004, 03:23:36 PM »
DA is for stall fighting between too of the same kind, it doesn't prove I can whack your Spit with my Typhoon.
I agree SLO that alot of the times the end result will be a knife fight, but it only ends up that way if both parties let it.  I.E.  If a E fighter is in the DA then he should practice E tactics, if he ends up in a stall fight, we'll I guess he is not as good at E tactics as he may think.

On the other hand, the majority of 1 Vs 1 that you get into in the MA also turn into Knife fights.

I am no DA star either.  I am mostly on the learning end myself, but then again I am no star in the MA either lol.

I do think tho that if someone is going to throw around their score like some divining rod of skill, they should be willing and able and I would go as far as expected to take it to the DA if challanged.  There really is no harm to come from it.

Offline X2Lee

• Silver Member
« Reply #173 on: August 04, 2004, 03:58:49 PM »
Originally posted by 2bighorn
OK Zazen, I could manage some edification and education in DA  :D

You can beat bighorn in a 38 zazen(hes no good)

This is yer Daisy.

Offline X2Lee

• Silver Member
« Reply #174 on: August 04, 2004, 04:03:48 PM »
Originally posted by BUG_EAF322
now this is really interesting
:rolleyes:

Yeah Ill bet a 20 bucks if he comes clean on this shades account you WILL find Zazen has killed his shade account MANY times

Theres my money where my mouth is.

And its lots easier to survive the MA in the daytime(again)

Everyone knows this.

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
« Reply #175 on: August 04, 2004, 04:29:53 PM »
Originally posted by X2Lee
Yeah Ill bet a 20 bucks if he comes clean on this shades account you WILL find Zazen has killed his shade account MANY times

Theres my money where my mouth is.

And its lots easier to survive the MA in the daytime(again)

Everyone knows this.

You better watch yourself there tough guy. This has all been in good fun so far. But now you are accusing me of cheating, and that I will not tolerate. You better cool it, or there's going to be problems...

Zazen

P.S. It's fairly common knowledge my wife, Jessica's account is "Lexus". By the way, we only own one computer.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2004, 04:56:00 PM by Zazen13 »

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
« Reply #176 on: August 04, 2004, 04:40:33 PM »
Originally posted by mars01
Not true I think if you are going to come out and state that score is the Be All and End All of a persons ability then I for one want to see you back it up.  Thats all.  Is it wrong for me to ask you to put your money where your mouth is?

I do not put alot of weight in MA score, I do put alot of weight in people with a good MA score and the ability to back it up in an even match up, be it in the DA or the MA.

I do not put alot of weight in a guy that always flies from an advantage and cherry picks me when I am engaged with someone that really wants to fight.  Not saying that is how you fly and I am not saying that I am above doing this.  I am just saying it doesn't take much skill.

If you believed this you would back it up.  There is no harm in going to the DA.
 Cmon if you were so sure about your ability you would take the challenge.  Don't give me some moral BS this is a game.  Going to the DA has no ramifications or ill affects.  If anything you are guarnateed some easy kills, some great fights or a good learning expieriance.  Also it's not a matter of it needing to sink in.  Don't insult me, that is a shure sign that you are losing grip.
 I really don't think you engage in many if any "situations that are almost certainly going to result in your  untimely demise." especially with your Zazen account.  If this is not the case then come clean with your shade accounts and let us know what they are?
 Give me a break Mother Teresa:D  You make statements about your score VS another then you should be able to back them up.  Akak did not have a chip on his sholder he just didn't agree with you and you two started lambasting him with your score.  He wanted you to put your money where your mouth is.  Something I think you are running from.

Mars, just a comment, your dissecting of posts into little chopped up phrases is highly annoying to read.

As far as duelling is concerned, until you pay my 15 bucks a month I'll duel who I want, when I want, if I want, how I want. We all draw our own lines in the sand as to what kind of behavior we are going to tolerate and how far we are willing to extend ourselves in this game. I have made it quite clear where my personal boundry lies and will not compromise myself for you, AKAK, or any other person who feels the need to bluster and spit venom in my general direction.

I have nothing I need to prove, I prove my mettle everytime I up a fighter in the MA. You perceive my not accepting duels from antogonistic and belligerent people as a sign of some weakness on my part. But, you have it backwards, I am not so insecure with myself that I require some sort of contrived contest to decide who is right or who is wrong in an intellectual debate. Wether I kick AKAK's prettythang or he kicks mine in a duel still doesn't answer the question of who is the more accomplished MA player.

Zazen

Offline X2Lee

• Silver Member
« Reply #177 on: August 04, 2004, 04:41:51 PM »
Originally posted by Zazen13
You better watch yourself there tough guy. This has all been in good fun so far. But now you are accusing me of cheating, and that I will not tolerate. You better cool it, or there's going to be problems...

Zazen

P.S. It's fairly common knowledge my wife, Jessica's account is "Lexus". By the way we only own one computer.

No its not cheating to kill yer shades account. yer reaching.
Good try.....

What kinda problems? Ya gonna cherrypick my 38?
You will find you will need to lose a lot of that 35k to get me.

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
« Reply #178 on: August 04, 2004, 04:42:41 PM »
Originally posted by X2Lee
No its not cheating to kill yer shades account. yer reaching.
Good try.....

What kinda problems? Ya gonna cherrypick my 38?
You will find you will need to lose a lot of that 35k to get me.

Grow up!

I have never seen a post from any representative of HTC that says it is not cheating. I personally consider it cheating as I think most would.

Zazen

Offline X2Lee

• Silver Member
« Reply #179 on: August 04, 2004, 04:45:52 PM »
Originally posted by Zazen13

Zazen

P.S. It's fairly common knowledge my wife, Jessica's account is "Lexus". By the way we only own one computer.

Voss was one of the best MA players this game ever saw.
He couldt fight his way out of a wet paper sack in the DA tho.

To me he was a cherry picking ack hugging runny bunny that talked a lot and backed it up little. Oh and a wuss.

(Runny bunny trademark from Storch)