Author Topic: Hey Vets  (Read 3189 times)

Offline Apache

• Silver Member
Hey Vets
« Reply #45 on: August 10, 2004, 03:33:30 PM »
I'm not a vet. I was just a lowly deputy sheriff, but my son is active now. 10th Mountain Div, 3rd AU at the moment (just got there) and I'm damned proud of him.

Offline Dnil

• Silver Member
Hey Vets
« Reply #46 on: August 10, 2004, 03:38:38 PM »
I was an RO and was starting to cross train into WD when I got out.  WD was the shiznet.

Offline Sabre

• Gold Member
      • Rich Owen
Hey Vets
« Reply #47 on: August 10, 2004, 03:49:30 PM »
Major, USAF (Ret).  Twenty+ years, and I wouldn't have changed a thing.
Sabre
"The urge to save humanity almost always masks a desire to rule it."

Offline anonymous

• Silver Member
Hey Vets
« Reply #48 on: August 10, 2004, 04:10:05 PM »
Originally posted by Apache
I'm not a vet. I was just a lowly deputy sheriff, but my son is active now. 10th Mountain Div, 3rd AU at the moment (just got there) and I'm damned proud of him.

how long has your boy been at 10 mountain div?

Offline anonymous

• Silver Member
Hey Vets
« Reply #49 on: August 10, 2004, 04:12:42 PM »
Originally posted by Sandman
LOL :aok

that was over my head. explain the joke to me if you would?

Offline anonymous

• Silver Member
Hey Vets
« Reply #50 on: August 10, 2004, 04:14:17 PM »
Originally posted by Apache

oh and there was more than one year in the mid nineties where more cops went down at work than did military. zero shame and i hope youre joking about lowly i always joked that cops were military police that werent allowed to shoot first. :)

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
Hey Vets
« Reply #51 on: August 10, 2004, 04:23:41 PM »
Originally posted by Thrawn
What the hell is with the hawkish neo-cons posting their job experience in a thread called "Hey Vets", when the patently aren't vets at all?

Cripes, transference much?  Hint, you know you can't possibly be a vet if you were never even in the ****ing military.

Quit using big words with them. Leave it at coward they can understand that one.

7 years in Princess Patricias Canadian Light Infantry 3rd Battalion. With attachments to the 82nd airborne division and the 5/7th dragoon Guards. Most of my career was in the Recce platoon as a driver, det 2ic, Sniper spotter and Det comander. Also did a little time in the combat intelligence section and the TOW missle platoon.

One month after I got out Sadam invaded Iraq. Missed alot of interesting stuff by missing the 90s.

Offline anonymous

• Silver Member
Hey Vets
« Reply #52 on: August 10, 2004, 04:31:06 PM »
Originally posted by Pongo
Quit using big words with them. Leave it at coward they can understand that one.

7 years in Princess Patricias Canadian Light Infantry 3rd Battalion. With attachments to the 82nd airborne division and the 5/7th dragoon Guards. Most of my career was in the Recce platoon as a driver, det 2ic, Sniper spotter and Det comander. Also did a little time in the combat intelligence section and the TOW missle platoon.

One month after I got out Sadam invaded Iraq. Missed alot of interesting stuff by missing the 90s.

no sheet. i worked with you guys a couple of times the last time being afghanistan. damn shame about your boys in that blue on blue incident as well. there were a bunch of long faces in every compound after that went down your guys were highly regarded by everybody they worked with. i edited out the name request becuase i just noticed you were out in 1990. first time i worked with your unit was a little bit later than that.

Offline RedTop

• Platinum Member
Hey Vets
« Reply #53 on: August 10, 2004, 04:33:10 PM »
USN 81-85 East Coast   HT2
Original Member and Former C.O. 71 sqd. RAF Eagles

Offline Wonko_the_Sane

• Zinc Member
Hey Vets
« Reply #54 on: August 10, 2004, 04:39:55 PM »
Originally posted by RedTop
USN 81-85 East Coast   HT2

Terd Chaser!!:D

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
Hey Vets
« Reply #55 on: August 10, 2004, 05:21:47 PM »
Originally posted by anonymous
no sheet. i worked with you guys a couple of times the last time being afghanistan. damn shame about your boys in that blue on blue incident as well. there were a bunch of long faces in every compound after that went down your guys were highly regarded by everybody they worked with. i edited out the name request becuase i just noticed you were out in 1990. first time i worked with your unit was a little bit later than that.

ya a bummer for sure. But like I said at the time, the guys flying the sortis will tend to be the guys that drop it at the wrong time.

Offline bigsky

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
Hey Vets
« Reply #56 on: August 10, 2004, 05:27:17 PM »
1987 - 1989 scout platoon, HHC co., 1st battalion , 39th infantry regiment, 2nd brigade, 8th infantry division. stationed in baumholder, Germany
1989 - 1990 L troop, 3rd recon squadron, 3rd U.S. Cavalry (brave rifles) stationed in Ft. Bliss, Texas
"I am moist like bacon"

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
Hey Vets
« Reply #57 on: August 10, 2004, 05:30:00 PM »
Originally posted by anonymous
that was over my head. explain the joke to me if you would?

http://www.hitechcreations.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=123551
sand

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
Hey Vets
« Reply #58 on: August 10, 2004, 05:35:19 PM »
Any CIA F16 pilots here?

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
Hey Vets
« Reply #59 on: August 10, 2004, 05:37:09 PM »
read the whole thread.