Author Topic: Any News What So Ever From Htc Would Be Nice  (Read 2122 times)

Offline Furball

• Plutonium Member
Any News What So Ever From Htc Would Be Nice
« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2004, 03:48:54 PM »

« Last Edit: September 13, 2004, 03:51:35 PM by Furball »
I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know.
-Cicero

-- The Blue Knights --

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: September 13, 2004, 03:50:36 PM »
Originally posted by hitech
KI84 will be complete in next few days.

Bomber is close to showing screen shots, hope to this week.

Im working on the  object editor and terrain editor to allow tile and airfield generation, and for use in TOD.

From fuball's thread ...

ya beat me to it fur !!!
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline august

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.augustbach.com
« Reply #32 on: September 13, 2004, 04:07:14 PM »
Originally posted by Fruda
Such rude people. At least one person in this thread respects what HTC is doing.

A game like this takes a very long time to make. And it's even more difficult with people whining about every little thing that they don't like.

Just because nobody knows who you are doesn't give you the right to be an ass.

i respect the effort because i have endeavored to create things for clients myself, (web based) with much less success.  (obviously)

i have however been successful as a creator.  i just had to come to the realization that i have to make it first, then sell it.  it lowers the expectation from "what are you doing" to "how did you do that?" it frees the mind from the rabbles of the commitee mentality or from those who cannot wrap themselves around your vision.  you either like it or you dont.

this isnt just a matter of working out kinks on a finished product.

this is trial and error.  it has been a lack of communication on the companies part and it is, in my opinion, becoming evident that something is either amiss, or the folks at hitech are simply not concerned enough with the state of affiars to send a beam of light upon my pocketbook.

so, ok. fine.  its really none of my business as i can just take it elsewhere or come to the stunning conclusion that i am being headwacked and ostrisized for lack of cohesion by my peers.  hes talking out of ranks again!  ill proudly walk that plank when its time.

(american here...hello)

i just dont happen to agree with how hitech is going about this.

perhaps you dont like my tone, or the methods and opinions of others and i respect that, but i am wondering just how you go from preaching respect to calling others (and you said you were the only one who wasnt) and ass.

again.  to clarify.

words are great.

actions speak louder.

i couldnt agree more.  i am an ass.

all

humbly,
august butter applesauce potato ricecake pistachio mudpie.

Offline Howitzer

• Silver Member
Careful August
« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2004, 04:37:14 PM »
We wouldn't want to see you get banned before you step up from that "Junior member" role to the all - coveted "Member"

:D :aok

Offline SELECTOR

• Gold Member
      • http://www.332viking.com
« Reply #34 on: September 13, 2004, 04:48:13 PM »
sorry i said anything now:(

Offline august

• Zinc Member
« Reply #35 on: September 13, 2004, 05:10:17 PM »
sorry that you are sorry selector, and perhaps i might have
formed my own post to vent.  (though i am assuming that you post so that others will chime in?)

i thank you for the opportunity to post my thoughts.  

-

circle the wagons.  get the kindling.  threaten me with rank.

oh god, please, dont throw me into that briar patch!

lol.

all

august jr.

p.s.  dear hi tech creations.

actions v. words

censorship is a form of denial.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: September 13, 2004, 05:14:22 PM »
Shades of Twitchy august. This is like Dejavu all over again. I hope Hitech is in a good space today.:)
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline august

• Zinc Member
« Reply #37 on: September 13, 2004, 05:49:43 PM »
bring out the tiki dolls.

lets avoid the issue.

been there.  done that.  over it.

"i wouldnt want to be a part of any club that would have me as a member"  - woody allen.

again.  to redirect my thoughts back to center.

hitech is asking you to pay money so that they can make this game/put kids through college/buy better blenders.  in exchange they offer you a service.

cool.

i am asking hitech to give us the value that has been promised.
and serving a reminder that it is important to value the opinions of his customers, (even those who disagree) and to deliver promises which have been made in a timely manner, not require that such things be brought about through decorum which hasnt worked until now.  

if hitech wants to sell this service as is.  cool.  i make my choice on this information.  so far, i have been buying.

but thats not what they are selling is it?  

was this what they sold you when they said that ah2 was going to be the mother of all flight sims?  most people say that its pretty much the same.   for as little time as i spent in ah1, i dont think it is as good.  odd that.

i am simply stating that it is important that the company keep an open line to thier customers and to stop the smoke and mirrors.

id rather be surprized than see everyone getting thier hopes up like this, or raised to a tizzy over tinkering.

i have no personal qualms as i am a consumer, not an adversary.

that said, i find it odd that for as much complaining as has been going on, how easilly pacified we are by a little well placed political ploy such as can be found in an alternate post.

im just not convinced.  

believe it when i see it.

and then i will humbly for a job well done.

when it should occur.

all

august the problem child with shades of some guy named twitchy.

p.s.  -  a public relations person IS a good idea.

Offline Redd

• Silver Member
« Reply #38 on: September 13, 2004, 05:54:44 PM »
Originally posted by august
which is? i havent seen much, aside from, i coded today.  
should that be surprizing?  here, have a cookie.

fact is, it is you who is bringing this product to market, and, from what i have seen, it is you who has made a gazillion promises and have so far failed to materialize them.  markets dont like these things.

essentially, most of us are funding your additions and the time you are spending to make the game better.  is that really fair?  shouldnt we be paying a reduced premium for services which have been reduced?

there are many of us who would like to see the old hitech that all the vetrans talk about.  someone who was in here, making his rounds, jacking up the troops and being a part of the team.

i am certain that were all rooting for you.

but in many ways, its beginning to feel much like a bad relationship the old, "im gonna do it honey, get off my back."

mostly, all that people are asking for is a bit of communication, some explaination and a few additions from time to time.

i am sorry for that.   truly.  it is ruining my experience because most people are starting to get obviously aggrevated.

if i were you, and i mean this sincerely, i would look at the long road sir and see that sword in front of you before you fall on it.

when the tide turns.  it turns like hell.

OMG ..Where are these people coming from, is this the future player base we have to look forward to ?
I come from a land downunder

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: September 13, 2004, 05:59:09 PM »

I haven't seen it but I don't need to see it to believe it.  Believe this:  Air Warrior 4 was going to come out for a good 2-3 years if not longer.  We were going to get all sorts of new planes after we went out to buy that box game.

Aces High started off with approx. less than 10 planes.

No new planes have thussofar been added when or since AH2 came out.

By the time AH2 came out, there were something in the ballpark of 70 planes and vehicles.

Thus, they all had to be designed and implemented in AH1.

You got to download that for free.

You'll get to download the update when it comes, for free.

I think their actions have already spoke louder than their words, no offense.

Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline DmdBT

• Copper Member
      • http://www.damned.org
« Reply #40 on: September 13, 2004, 06:03:55 PM »
Originally posted by Samiam
Shouldn't that be:

I roat some coad today?

Wait till you see his "coad" for tomorrow after that one...

If distfromfield>1/2endurance then fuel=fuel/2
If hitlocation(samiam)=leftwing then damage=pilotwound
If hitlocation(samiam)=rightwing then damage=pilotwound
If hitlocation(samiam)=rearfuse then damage=pilotwound
If hitlocation(samiam)=vertstab then damage=pilotwound

etc... etc...

Offline august

• Zinc Member
« Reply #41 on: September 13, 2004, 06:08:32 PM »
none meant.

none taken.

-----

and yes red, unless the ominous warnings are true and i am taken out to the back for a hanging...yes.  until i get bored of a game that has gotten bored of itself.  yes until i get a life.

-----

to those who have seen.  

i am wanting to believe.

-----

"stay gold ponyboy" - ralph maccio

-----

over and out -

august

Offline flyingaround

• Nickel Member
« Reply #42 on: September 13, 2004, 06:53:26 PM »
bring out the tiki dolls.

lets avoid the issue.

been there.  done that.  over it.

"i wouldnt want to be a part of any club that would have me as a member"  - woody allen.

again.  to redirect my thoughts back to center.

hitech is asking you to pay money so that they can make this game/put kids through college/buy better blenders.  in exchange they offer you a service.

cool.

i am asking hitech to give us the value that has been promised.
and serving a reminder that it is important to value the opinions of his customers, (even those who disagree) and to deliver promises which have been made in a timely manner, not require that such things be brought about through decorum which hasnt worked until now.  

if hitech wants to sell this service as is.  cool.  i make my choice on this information.  so far, i have been buying.

but thats not what they are selling is it?  

was this what they sold you when they said that ah2 was going to be the mother of all flight sims?  most people say that its pretty much the same.   for as little time as i spent in ah1, i dont think it is as good.  odd that.

i am simply stating that it is important that the company keep an open line to thier customers and to stop the smoke and mirrors.

id rather be surprized than see everyone getting thier hopes up like this, or raised to a tizzy over tinkering.

i have no personal qualms as i am a consumer, not an adversary.

that said, i find it odd that for as much complaining as has been going on, how easilly pacified we are by a little well placed political ploy such as can be found in an alternate post.

im just not convinced.  

and then i will humbly for a job well done.

when it should occur.

all

august the problem child with shades of some guy named twitchy.

p.s.  -  a public relations person IS a good idea.

Uhhh..... wow.   I mean it WOW!   Sitting here thinkin' of ALL the stuff I should/could say, but am finding myself speechless.

It really makes it obvious why HT et. all don't talk as much about what they are working on.  Jerks and "don't have a clue" dweebs like this.  August, you sir (kid?) have no clue.  (insert random WHAT A JackA** flame here)

<> HT!!  As one who has been 'round for pushin' 10 yrs all I have to say is you never fail to amaze me with the product you are able to produce.  Don't let they crybabies and rude kids get you down (I know that gota be difficult) and keep doing the vodoo that you do so well.
WMLute

III/JG26 9th ST WidowMakers

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #43 on: September 13, 2004, 06:59:44 PM »
Augest: You are way out of bounds with the content of your post.

Offline kj714

• Silver Member
« Reply #44 on: September 13, 2004, 07:06:43 PM »
Some people are so darn smart about running an online gaming business. Too bad they can't coad as good as they talk.:rolleyes: