Author Topic: Rather acknowledges--there are serious questions about the authenticity of the docs  (Read 2652 times)

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
I have right to be pissed at the major candidates, I have the right to xpress those views, and as a result not vote in the presidential election.

Offline ASTAC

• Silver Member
at the same time an unused vote is wasted..write himself in if he wants to make his point..at least vote on his local issue that will also be on the ballot...but to not do it at all is part of the problem...a small percentage of Americans vote..the majority do not....but you hear alot of grumblings about the govt from EVERYBODY...how can people who do not take part in choosing their govt be justified in their whines? They can't that the bottom line.
That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
I have no problem with voting on local issues if they affect me..  

I do have a problem with the presdiential election and the 2 choices presented now. And I dont likle the idea of write ins, seems like a mere gesture to me...

Offline IK0N

• Copper Member
SeeBS

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
If you don't vote then don't beech later.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
Wow, this thread de-railed.

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
BTW:  Can someone cut and paste the articles from the two links?  

Requires registration.

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
Makes no sense to me. I agree with Wotan and support Grun.

If you cast a vote for BS, you will continue to get BS.

Voting for the sake of voting may make the "apathy" quotient less salient, but the apathy is a voice, a vote, in and of itself.

It speaks of indifference to what's being served. As a result, in the future an otherwise unheard voice may get heard, and a change from the BS offerings will result.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
Or you might say not doing enough research to find a man you can support and write in defines apathy.

All in the point of view, I guess.

You want change? Imagine how the highest number of write-ins in modern history would speak for change. Or even the Libertarians getting the highest percentage of the vote in their history.

Stay out of it and you are guaranteed to be ignored.

Speak and you might not be heard... but then again you might be heard.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
If you cannot be bothered to to excercise your right to vote then IMO you have relinquished your right to complain because things don't go your way. You had the option to in some small way take resposinbility for how your nation, state, county or city is goverened. If you cannot be bothered to get involved then just STFU about the results. You had a chance and couldn't hack it, anything you say afterwards is less than a whine.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
Originally posted by Nash
Makes no sense to me. I agree with Wotan and support Grun.

If you cast a vote for BS, you will continue to get BS.

Voting for the sake of voting may make the "apathy" quotient less salient, but the apathy is a voice, a vote, in and of itself.

It speaks of indifference to what's being served. As a result, in the future an otherwise unheard voice may get heard, and a change from the BS offerings will result.

It's a bad bet. As long as people abstain, there will never be more than the two dominant parties. You can't affect change by standing on the sideline and waiting for a candidate that suits your tastes.
sand

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
Originally posted by Toad
You want change? Imagine how the highest number of write-ins in modern history would speak for change.

But where is this man? Who is this guy?

He'll never emerge if voters continue to repay canditates for their stupid-arse tactics.

Say no to it.

Or say yes.

Either way, it's valid.

Not voting nowadays, with all this crap, is voting, in my opinion.

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
Okay fer sure I know what you guys are talking about...

Thing is - you don't like your choices. When was the last time you really liked your choices? How long do you think it will be before you like your choices?

"Where are the good guys?"

They cannot nor will not emerge.

Something's gotta give, in order for them to, no?

Offline ra

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
The universe doesn't revolve around the presidency.  Vote for whoever you think is best, or least bad.  What's the bfd?   The best and worst things that ever happen to you will have nothing to do with whoever occupies the White House for 4 years.

ra

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
Originally posted by Nash
Okay fer sure I know what you guys are talking about...

Thing is - you don't like your choices. When was the last time you really liked your choices? How long do you think it will be before you like your choices?

"Where are the good guys?"

They cannot nor will not emerge.

Something's gotta give, in order for them to, no?

I like my choices now. I liked them under Reagan too.

By the way, what choices do other nations have? Anyone you like? (okay, trick question...because you love Kerry for no apparent reason)