Author Topic: Snake in the grass  (Read 3042 times)

Offline TweetyBird

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Snake in the grass
« Reply #90 on: October 06, 2004, 01:31:11 PM »
Who was the person in that exchange to state clearly that Cheney has a gay daughter?

Moderator?
Cheney?
Edwards?

Edwards

Do you think he did that to give Cheney kudos or to make sure it was clearly stated that Cheney's daughter (not some unnamed "family member") is gay? Where else in the debate did Edwards give Cheney kudos? Is it a little wierd that the only place he did give kudos is at a point he reveals something that neither the moderator, no Cheney has stated (for whatever reason)?

If you want to believe that was some heartfelt compliment or show of support for Cheney, well go right ahead. We'll agree to disagree.

I think he's a Dixiecrat, and I can't vote for him.

Offline -MZ-

• Nickel Member
Snake in the grass
« Reply #91 on: October 06, 2004, 01:44:51 PM »
Originally posted by TweetyBird
I think he's a Dixiecrat

There's nothing to indicate that he is a racist.

Offline -MZ-

• Nickel Member
Re: Snake in the grass
« Reply #92 on: October 06, 2004, 01:47:18 PM »
than a smart President with is his heart in the right place and a vice president who was a snake in the grass with no heart.

How about a heart that is ready to explode?

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
Snake in the grass
« Reply #93 on: October 06, 2004, 01:50:58 PM »
Guys, give it up. Tweety has formulated some imaginary attack in his mind and isn't about to change it. Tweety must be right... Cheney is too weakminded to recognise and defend an attack on his daughter.:rolleyes:
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline Mighty1

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Snake in the grass
« Reply #94 on: October 06, 2004, 01:52:42 PM »
Originally posted by Nash
Well that's great then Iron. It's what he was supposed to do.

You're not voting for Edwards. You're not voting for Cheney.

As far as I'm concerned - Edwards didn't say "Kerry" enough.

Hell thats all he COULD say when the moderator asked him how he was qualified to be Vice President!

"Well Kerry almost did this uh uh Kerry voted for that...sorta uh uh ok ok I don't have a long record like Cheney but  but it doesn't matter I I Kerry has a plan to fix that...yeah a plan...uh uh Haliburton Haliburton"

BTW we ARE voting for the Vice President. I include the VP in my decision because he is just as important.
I have been reborn a new man!

Notice I never said a better man.

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
Snake in the grass
« Reply #95 on: October 06, 2004, 02:03:26 PM »
Who was the person in that exchange to state clearly that Cheney has a gay daughter?

Moderator?
Cheney?
Edwards?

Edwards

Do you think he did that to give Cheney kudos or to make sure it was clearly stated that Cheney's daughter (not some unnamed "family member") is gay? Where else in the debate did Edwards give Cheney kudos? Is it a little wierd that the only place he did give kudos is at a point he reveals something that neither the moderator, no Cheney has stated (for whatever reason)?

If you want to believe that was some heartfelt compliment or show of support for Cheney, well go right ahead. We'll agree to disagree.

I think he's a Dixiecrat, and I can't vote for him.

It is all becoming clear now. You see the acknowledgement of a gay daughter as an insult. I choose to see it as an acknowledgement. Hence my confusion with your assesment.

Offline Torque

• Gold Member
Re: Re: Snake in the grass
« Reply #96 on: October 06, 2004, 02:18:57 PM »
Originally posted by -MZ-
How about a heart that is ready to explode?

When Mt St Helens popped after the first presidential debate, i figured it was a clear sign of the location of Cheney's secret underground bunker.

Nash i think you missed the obvious as to why "tho protest too much" and it turned into an awkward moment on a testosterone seeping board.

Cheney is ready to compromise the basic rights of his daughter due to the influence of the almighty greenback and a religious ideology. You think he gives a rats anus about the lives of young men and women in the military, which he so eagerly throws into harms way?

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
Snake in the grass
« Reply #97 on: October 06, 2004, 02:25:37 PM »
so torque... you will be joining nash and the rest of canada in not voting for Bush Cheney this election?

lazs

Offline Horn

• Silver Member
Snake in the grass
« Reply #98 on: October 06, 2004, 02:51:51 PM »

Moderator?

Yes, the moderator said it first referencing Cheney's prior comments on his daughter:

"I want to read something you said four years ago at this very setting: Freedom means freedom for everybody. You said it again recently when you were asked about legalizing same-sex unions. And you used your family's experience as a context for your remarks.

You'd have to be living in a cotton-lined shoebox not to know Cheney's "family experience" isn't referencing his daughter. He brought it to the fore publicly and therefore it is not something "private" as you've intimated.

Whatever. I'm beginning to think RPM's right--you've formulated some imaginary attack based on your dislike of the fellow.

Offline Torque

• Gold Member
Snake in the grass
« Reply #99 on: October 06, 2004, 02:52:16 PM »
Originally posted by lazs2
so torque... you will be joining nash and the rest of canada in not voting for Bush Cheney this election?

lazs

We already did, hence no troops in Iraq. ;)

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Snake in the grass
« Reply #100 on: October 06, 2004, 03:04:38 PM »
eddie boy pointed out cheneys daughter for the brain dead who were watching and did not know of it..

typical trial lawyer move, he meant nothing nice and was trying to pin Cheney with the comment. Cheney should have came back with a weight watchers comment for eddie boys two ton tessie spouse - something along the lines of "I know you love your wife Eddie, how do you feel about  America's major health issues concerning our obesity issues ..."
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline -MZ-

• Nickel Member
Snake in the grass
« Reply #101 on: October 06, 2004, 04:14:51 PM »
Originally posted by Eagler
Cheney should have came back with a weight watchers comment for eddie boys two ton tessie spouse - something along the lines of "I know you love your wife Eddie, how do you feel about  America's major health issues concerning our obesity issues ..."

Is Edwards in favor of a Constitutional Amendment against fat people?

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
Snake in the grass
« Reply #102 on: October 06, 2004, 05:33:57 PM »
Seems to me some folks have such a problem with Gays that they think the mere mention of it is an insult. Sad.

Offline RedTop

• Platinum Member
hmmmm
« Reply #103 on: October 06, 2004, 05:55:06 PM »
Originally posted by rpm
Tweety, what I took from that was Sen. Edwards said it was good that Cheney wasn't a homophobe, unlike the President. That Cheney would embrace his daughter and try to provide her a happy life with her partner, unlike the President.
I didn't notice any "gritted teeth" when Cheney replied, in fact he looked about as docile as I've ever seen him. You are painting the picture very distorted from what it actually was.

Guys, give it up. Tweety has formulated some imaginary attack in his mind and isn't about to change it. Tweety must be right... Cheney is too weakminded to recognise and defend an attack on his daughter.

I don't think in Tweety's mind it was imaginary RPM. IMO Tweety saw what he saw and you saw what you saw. Best to just agree to disagree.

On a side note I took Edwards comments as did a few I have talked with WHEN ASKED the same way as Tweety did. I thought it a back handed slap as well.

I have no problem with Gays. I have Gay neighbors as a matter a fact. My wife and I find them extremely nice and are proud to have them as neighbors. After speaking to one of them this morning they said that it was "Rude" , to use his words , that edwards even brought it up.

His notion was this......I'll paraphrase...."Senator Edwards would have been better off to simply say the he and Mr. Kerry believe in marriage as being the traditional union of Man and women." He threw in an expletive or 2 as he is not a huge supporter of Kerry / Edwards.

I think Tweety saw something that made him realise something that HE believes in.

No need to try to make him out to be anything or try to skew what he thinks as being bad.

Just my 2 cents.   (Which amounts to nothing)
Original Member and Former C.O. 71 sqd. RAF Eagles

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
Snake in the grass
« Reply #104 on: October 06, 2004, 07:08:25 PM »
So basically what you're saying is that Tweety is gay.