Author Topic: It's going to be a messy election......  (Read 5983 times)

Offline AKS\/\/ulfe

• Platinum Member
It's going to be a messy election......
« Reply #45 on: October 19, 2004, 11:09:37 AM »
Evidenced by this thread - the election is already a ****ing mess.

Everyone is looking everywhere for something that may or may not exist just so they can claim the other side is throwing in a monkey wrench.

Sweet baby jebus, I can't wait.
-SW

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #46 on: October 19, 2004, 11:18:02 AM »
Well, you can bet that if we have la Revolucion in this country the Republic of Texas won't be joining the UN. :D
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline AKS\/\/ulfe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #47 on: October 19, 2004, 11:27:40 AM »
Atleast with Bush, we won't let the UN become more powerful. I could tolerate staying in the US.

With Kerry, I think he will let the UN become more powerful - especially within our own affairs.

I'll do the Cuban thing and turn my car into a boat. Where I end up, I hope it's sunny with hot chicks in skimpy swimsuits that all want me and the beer flows freely.
-SW

Offline TweetyBird

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #48 on: October 19, 2004, 11:34:23 AM »
>>relax tweety... the terrorists go after big cities and I don't live in a terrorist target... all I gotta do is worry about the riots... let em trash the big cities. Me and makarov will just pot rioters.
<<

Sounds like you're planning a crime.

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #49 on: October 19, 2004, 11:35:28 AM »
Originally posted by AKIron
Well, you can bet that if we have la Revolucion in this country the Republic of Texas won't be joining the UN. :D

in that event I'd be moving to Texas :)

Speaking of which.
I heard a funny rumour the other day that Alaska says if the Texans dont shut up about how big they are they are going to subdivide and make Texas the 3rd largest state:D
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #50 on: October 19, 2004, 11:45:27 AM »
Originally posted by DREDIOCK
in that event I'd be moving to Texas :)

Speaking of which.
I heard a funny rumour the other day that Alaska says if the Texans dont shut up about how big they are they are going to subdivide and make Texas the 3rd largest state:D

Hehe, I musta heard that one 50 times from a guy I used to work with while in the AF. He was of course from Alaska and I probably asked for it every time.  :)
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline Dago

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #51 on: October 19, 2004, 12:35:52 PM »
Tinpot, if you can't see the differance, you truely have not paid attention to history.

Britain - want to colonize and control.  Dont want to leave, want to make everyone a subject, paying taxes and bowing to the royalty while serving the ruling British elite.

USA - Never tried to maintain control, never attempted to establish US rule.  Trying to leave a government that would realize mutual benefits, yes,  but colonize and rule?  Nope.

Let me quote Colin Powell:  
 Powell said, "We have gone forth from our shores repeatedly over the last hundred years and we’ve done this as recently as the last year in Afghanistan and put wonderful young men and women at risk, many of whom have lost their lives, and we have asked for nothing except enough ground to bury them in, and otherwise we have returned home to seek our own, you know, to seek our own lives in peace, to live our own lives in peace.

Can the same be said for Britain?

dago
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Offline Tinpot

• Copper Member
:o)
« Reply #52 on: October 19, 2004, 12:50:01 PM »
Truly you are a fine and loyal son of the US of A !!!

I will not argue as I belive this thread is about your election and we are in danger of hijacking it here! So I'll leave it for now.

For the record I think you are wrong but hey we are allowed to disagree thats democracy I believe!

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
Re: :o)
« Reply #53 on: October 19, 2004, 12:54:10 PM »
Originally posted by Tinpot

For the record I think you are wrong but hey we are allowed to disagree thats democracy I believe!

No. Its an Empire.
You said so yourself :D
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

storch

« Reply #54 on: October 19, 2004, 01:19:55 PM »
Originally posted by slimm50
Speakin of Florida, boy, whatta screwed-up state. They whinin already about how things aren't gonna go right. Whoever's runnin the election process down there is a total boob.

Just like in your state all elections boards are county run so your insult would need to be county specific.  In any event all of the county seats are run by the Democratic Party in Florida IIRC so it really surprises no one.  What's the only things that come from Texas?  Do you have horns?  :D

Offline Rude

• Platinum Member
« Reply #55 on: October 19, 2004, 01:55:03 PM »
Originally posted by Gixer
LOL Yeah just like 2000, courts order the recount stopped and Bush happens to win Florida by 500 odd votes.  :lol

...-Gixer

Don't be so ignorant....there were three recounts....how many times do you want to recount the same districts before it becomes clear who won.

Ignorance pisses me off

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #56 on: October 19, 2004, 02:18:56 PM »
tweety... I am in no way planning a crime.   What are you so pissy about?

lazs

Offline tapakeg

• Nickel Member
« Reply #57 on: October 19, 2004, 02:27:52 PM »
Do you think the Democrats can afford to have another candidate whine and cry about another close election?  I think Kerry / Edwards will definitely try with some accusations of voter intimidation, uncounted ballats,  whatever.  A high power Democrat who is actually looking after the overall image and long term stability of the party will yank their chains.  They can't afford to appear to be crybabies every election.  It will push voters away.  I do think Al Gore was TOLD not to run in 2004.
You know that your landing gear is up and locked when it takes full power to taxi to the terminal

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #58 on: October 19, 2004, 02:33:09 PM »
tapakeg... I truely believe that the democrats would do or say anything to win the election...  I don't think they give the long run much thought.   They believe the American people are incapable of keeping any thought in their head for more than the next soundbite.

I also believe that many of the frieghtened girly men on this board will man up and vote for Bush once they are in the booth away from theri women.

lazs

Offline Tinpot

• Copper Member
Sorry
« Reply #59 on: October 19, 2004, 03:43:50 PM »
But you Bush supporters ought to realize that most of the rest of the world laughs at that bloke. I mean he can't even string a decent sentence together. If he isn't a bit congenitaly stupid ( probably a bit inbred like our royal shower ) he's a better actor than Reagan was. I lived next to the nukes that guy and his mistress Thatcher landed our little nation with. We were tgt for tonight during the 80's.

As for Kerry the man looks so sad and knackered I don't think he'd have the energy to be a president!

In short not much of a choice.

Your welcome to either of them. Just please leave the rest of the world alone. Their regimes might not be great but let them change them for themselves unless they come knocking on your door with an invasion fleet to try and change yours! Then force might be usefull. We learn't that in 1939! lol

Anyway vote away and let the best of the two clowns win!

P.S I know we are wrapped up in this regime change stuff but that Blair chap good as he is in many respects ought to have kept our boys at home for this one!

Cue the anti liberal, brit bashing, euro bashing vitriol.........