Author Topic: Its Just Not Bloody Cricket  (Read 1975 times)

Offline Cobra412

• Silver Member
Its Just Not Bloody Cricket
« Reply #45 on: March 19, 2005, 07:53:21 PM »
They want to attack me then try to make it as if I'm the bad guy.  It's obvious what I was talking about initially never got through to them.  Instead they try to call me out and show me just how good they are and try to use my stats as their primary evidence.  

:aok

Offline 1Klink

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #46 on: March 19, 2005, 08:04:39 PM »
Ya know,i,m just gonna say this,

There was this fellow on-line gamer/Forum Subscriber named Mussie.

He posted a Gv question,i myself being a GV'er and ONLY a GV'er
in the MA took it upon myself too Shed some light on that particular subject.

I also shared some of my and my Squaddiez experiences with this Area of the GAME.

Another Forum subscriber shed his light on the subject and started talkin about glitches,and taking advantage of GLITCHES/CHEATZ that just happen to be in the game.

I did not see them as GLITCHEZ,i see them as little advantage for a ground vehicle that already has the oddz Stacked against him and a blown out building being some form of defense from the Deadly Cannonz of the Il-2,190-A-8,110-G-2,etc...

After reading those comments from some one who has hardly ever experienced this GAME from a GV aspect i really don,t see how that persons commentz were even revelant too the subject at hand.

Too settle this whole argument right here and now;

The ENEMY planez should have NO icon showing the ENEMY ground VEHICLE,it is very EASY too kill a GV with one of the planez listed above as it is.They should just see a BLACK dot like i do,that would even the GROUND Vs. AIR scenario out all the way.
Straight up and down like 6 O'clock!
« Last Edit: March 19, 2005, 10:09:40 PM by 1Klink »

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #47 on: March 19, 2005, 11:44:17 PM »
Originally posted by 1Klink
Ya know,i,m just gonna say this,

Last edited by 1Klink on 03-19-2005 at 11:09 PM

nice edit, 1Klink  :aok

I understand your point  in your last message also.  way to end a conversation on a good note.

and thanks for all the time you offer up to others in the TA   ~S~ :)
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline DamnedRen

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #48 on: March 20, 2005, 08:26:20 AM »
Originally posted by 1Klink
Too settle this whole argument right here and now;

The ENEMY planez should have NO icon showing the ENEMY ground VEHICLE,it is very EASY too kill a GV with one of the planez listed above as it is.They should just see a BLACK dot like i do,that would even the GROUND Vs. AIR scenario out all the way.
Straight up and down like 6 O'clock!

Ok, as I had mentioned above. You stated your opinion, argued reasons why you feel that way. People will make thier opinions known. Changes may or may not happen but you've made your views known. You've done all you can. Well done. :) Darn, wasn't that easy? Now can you live with no changes and just continuing on like it is? If so, WTG! :D

Offline Cobra412

• Silver Member
« Reply #49 on: March 20, 2005, 12:01:06 PM »
You know what 1Klink if anything I was on subject from the start and you weren't.  Mussie was specifically asking if it was ethical to hide inside a hangar from enemy aircraft.  He didn't ask about using the hangars to spawn camp.  

The particular hangar he is describing is the convergence/loading hangar.  This hangar in indestructable no matter what base it's on (enemy or friendly). People know this and know they are pretty much safe from anything if they can get in there.  Especially if there are two of them covering the hard angles out of the hangar, essentially setting up a cross fire zone.  You also replied that "hiding" in a hangar will only get them killed by low level Lancs.  My whole point is that in this particular hangar no bomber is even a threat.  The only thing that has the ability to possibly get you in here is a gv or a fighter with heavy guns and maybe rockets.  This is due to the fact that a shallow straffing run is needed to try to get any kind of target solution.

In regards to spawn camping which wasn't even what he was asking.  Vehicles have the ability to spawn camp the vh on only one of the bases and that is the small airfield.  Pretty much on every base it gives them a clear line to alot of the other objects that could essentially cripple that bases fighting capability.  Some of them do include the ability to spawn camp rearm areas, some fighter hangars, bomber hangars and some launch points on the runway.  So if someone reduced the gv hangar to nothing and the AAA in his immediate was gone he/she could possibly get to this hangar.  Then once inside this hangar it'd be virtually impossible to kill them.  They'd be immune to friendly fire since their friendly bombs couldn't hit them even with the hangar so close to other destroyable objects.

In essence they are helping not only themselves by using this hangar but also their attacking friendlies since this facility is indestructable.  Now they can pretty much destroy anything they want within view of the hangar without jeapordizing friendlies with their inaccurate bomb drops.  They are also taking advantage of the fact that a friendly can't destroy his own facilities when it's absolutely necessary to do so.  In real life if an enemy has taken a strong hold built by you and it's absolutely necessary to get them out in order to save themselves they will destroy that facility.

Since you also want to bring up you and your squadmates "experiences" again atleast have an idea of what your talking about before you complain.  You complained about an LA7 hitting your squadmates vehicle with a 100 pound bomb.  The LA7 doesn't even carry a 100 pound bomb.  So basically your complaint was null and void due to your own ignorance.  

The odds are only stacked against you because of your lack of planning when trying to take a base.  If you had planned and you would have brought support vehicles to surround your convoy of tanks from fighters and bombers.  If you had done this and it still didn't work then it can only be due to a few things.  Your countrymens inability to use their weapon of choice effectively (lack of skill?).  The lack of planning to bring enough support vehicles (air or ground) for the object you planned on taking because you underestimated your enemies defense capabilities.  Last but not least poor planning when it comes to your choice of insertion routes. Failed to ensure the insertion route you chose will offer you the maximum amount of concealment for the base you chose to attack.

Now you want to get yet another advantage by not having icons.  I find this absolutely amazing.  It's obvious that some don't want to make an effort and prefer to have it handed to them on a silver platter.  I'm sorry but you still don't have legs to stand on.  

If you've been around here long enough then you'll know who the LTARs are.  They could take bases and defend them with ease.  Not because they had it handed to them on a silver platter but because they were extremely effecient and skilled when it comes to ground vehicles.  They didn't have to rely on hiding in an indestructable building, they didn't have the option of driving through walls of destroyed buildings, they didn't worry about having an icon, and to top it all off they had very limited concealment areas while doing it in comparison to how it is now.  

You obviously still have no clue as to how much time I have in a gv.  I constantly did gving when I was in the Unforgiven with people like TopGunz, GenrlX, VegasX, and Malibu.  I also defended and attacked bases in them against people like the LTARs.  I'm an unexperienced gver though.  :aok

Offline 1Klink

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #50 on: March 20, 2005, 04:43:26 PM »
When me and my people are takin a base i have no probs.

The 327th Steele Talons take many bases each nite,over ten a nite like a Big Steam roller.

You just cant stop with the insultz can Ya 412?

I do commend you however for coming on this thread and writing a book about it!:aok

Offline SuperDud

• Platinum Member
« Reply #51 on: March 20, 2005, 06:50:04 PM »
WOW! This is the most exciting thread I've read in the Help and Training EVAR!!! LOL, welcome to the AH BBS mussie:p
SuperDud
++Blue Knights++

Offline Cobra412

• Silver Member
« Reply #52 on: March 20, 2005, 09:14:53 PM »
If it is as easy as you say it is then why would say this previously?

Getting a 100 Lb. bomb dropped near you,or a plane straffing you and you getting killed is un-fair

Which wasn't even the case.  Made an assumption based on something you had no idea about in the first place.  The weapons platform in question carries 2x100 kilogram bombs not a 100 pound bomb.  The other airframes in question were made to kill tanks in the first place.  We aren't talking .303 and 50 caliber guns taking down tanks.  

And this?

i see them as little advantage for a ground vehicle that already has the oddz Stacked against him and a blown out building being some form of defense from the Deadly Cannonz of the Il-2,190-A-8,110-G-2,etc...

And this?

The ENEMY planez should have NO icon showing the ENEMY ground VEHICLE,it is very EASY too kill a GV with one of the planez listed above as it is.

Looking for an easier way out even though his squad "steam rolls" bases.  See last quote.

And last but not least this?

When me and my people are takin a base i have no probs. The 327th Steele Talons take many bases each nite,over ten a nite like a Big Steam roller.

"Steam rolling".

Now are you flip flopping stories or are you just looking for an easier way out?  You say the odds are stacked against you and claim it's so "unfair" in your earlier statements and now your claiming that you "steam roll" bases every night with "no problems".  So which is it?  Am I missing something here?

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #53 on: March 20, 2005, 10:08:51 PM »
Originally posted by 1redrum
looks at a lame attempt to bait and wonders why someone who logged 0 kills and 0 assists and 0 flight time in any arena is even in here putting in their 2 cents
go bait someone on the H2H forum,,,,maybe alison

:rofl

Hehe I always love this "BS"...cobra412 is a more than decent stick...especially for the time he's played. As for GV stuff in AH...its all porked and strictly "no skill" as of now...i'm sure as the game matures it will improve (at least I hope so).

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline SuperDud

• Platinum Member
« Reply #54 on: March 20, 2005, 10:43:40 PM »
Cobra412, what is your in game name? I missed the boat on that one:)
SuperDud
++Blue Knights++

Offline Cobra412

• Silver Member
« Reply #55 on: March 21, 2005, 12:40:38 AM »
Thanks for the kind remarks Humble.

Superdud I use to fly as Cobra412 from July 2003 to December 2004.  I cancelled my account out of frustration one night and resubscribed as Erebus about a week or two later.

Offline 1redrum

• Nickel Member
« Reply #56 on: March 21, 2005, 07:22:08 AM »
Hehe I always love this "BS"...cobra412 is a more than decent stick...especially for the time he's played. As for GV stuff in AH...its all porked and strictly "no skill" as of now...i'm sure as the game matures it will improve (at least I hope so).

just to set the record straight,,no one ever said cobra was not a compataint pilot ,the coment was made about the "amount of flight time "he has spent in the arenas {which showed as zero under his name cobra,what he chose to hear was that someone was knocking his skillz ,

and i dont see how anyone can make a blanket statement about GV when they havent been on both sides,,,just like u have{note i dont know if u run gv or not}but let me say this over 4 years ago i started playing ah,,as reddad {theres another one for u }back then there was only the panzer ,absolutly no cover,little whiterocks that would vaporise u if u touched them ,when a blding was destroyed the debreis that was left would kill u if u hit it

now people wanna talk smac about "what qualifies someone to train people about gvs,well let me say this klink and i have loged many ,many hrs in the DA testing the GV game ,,,and u would be suprised how acuratly that the modeling is ,like did u know if u shoot tiger in the fuel tank it will vaporize with one shot,did u know that when hidding in a destroyed structure u can be killed did u know that the "position "u are in in the tank makes alot of difference in how u take damage ie:if u in 3 position when strafed u will lose turrent or be killed ,but if u are "buttoned up"it will have very little or no affect..............i could go on

remember AH is a work in progress .an it get better ,i am sure it will  jut because someone dosent understand or know the finner points of GV fighting ,its no reason to make such a comment.and it takes alot of skill to hit a moving ,manuvering target wilst under fire :aok
Major EaglePoo

"No person can be a great leader unless he takes genuine joy in the successes of those under him.W. A. Nance

Offline 1redrum

• Nickel Member
« Reply #57 on: March 21, 2005, 07:40:49 AM »
If you've been around here long enough then you'll know who the LTARs are. They could take bases and defend them with ease. Not because they had it handed to them on a silver platter but because they were extremely effecient and skilled when it comes to ground vehicles. They didn't have to rely on hiding in an indestructable building, they didn't have the option of driving through walls of destroyed buildings, they didn't worry about having an icon, and to top it all off they had very limited concealment areas while doing it in comparison to how it is now.

i beg to differ,ltars relied on numbers,hence the name lead to air ratio,,they were efective at base defence ,at least till the buff guys showed up then they nwere usuall dispatched rather quicklyand btw there still is a few ltars around

and they took few bases without CAS,which is why 327 is seeing much succsess right now ,they use all assests in a coordanated effort
« Last Edit: March 21, 2005, 10:08:23 AM by 1redrum »
Major EaglePoo

"No person can be a great leader unless he takes genuine joy in the successes of those under him.W. A. Nance

Offline 1Klink

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #58 on: March 21, 2005, 10:02:05 AM »
Cobra,i really don,t care what bomb is what and what does what.

And i don,t have to flip flop your doin it for me.

:aok

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #59 on: March 21, 2005, 10:31:28 AM »
My issues with GV's are pretty simple...you can start with tree's that arent where they show on your screen (and hills buildings etc)...go to damage modeling thats totally inconsistant. For exampe I've shot a tiger 30+ times from 400 yds with no damage (in fuel tank area) (left rear {side} behind turret)...I walked shells along the whole area...also done same from dead rear at point plank range.

I like GVing its a nice change...but its still a game the game reality for now. I keep looking for a slot on the PC to put my quarters in:)...

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson