Author Topic: pee or else...  (Read 1721 times)

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
pee or else...
« Reply #60 on: March 18, 2005, 06:35:24 PM »
Gunslinger, you keep going in a certain direction which confuses the hell out of me.

It's almost as if you think this guy was under the care of the hospital, and the cops were only brought in to help the nurses treat this guy.

"...taken to an emergency room after telling officers he had consumed cocaine".

The nurses didn't bring the cops in to help them, the cops were using the nurses to get what they wanted.

Offline Furious

• Gold Member
pee or else...
« Reply #61 on: March 18, 2005, 06:57:25 PM »
gunslinger's common sense module is malfunctioning.  

he wants so very badly for the bad guy to be in the wrong, and he is.  

...but, the problem is that the bad guy, in this case, is the cop that needlessly tasered a restrained suspected criminal.  twice.

Offline hyena426

• Silver Member
pee or else...
« Reply #62 on: March 18, 2005, 07:04:56 PM »
could of been worse..he could of pepper sprayed him before he used the taser on him,,lol

im sure there are alot worse acts we dont hear about on cop abuse..this one just happend to make the news..doesnt suprize me one bit

Offline Airhead

• Gold Member
      • http://www.ouchytheclown.com
pee or else...
« Reply #63 on: March 18, 2005, 07:10:29 PM »
Originally posted by Nash

The nurses didn't bring the cops in to help them, the cops were using the nurses to get what they wanted. [/B]

"Because Wheeler said he had used the drugs, Florida Hospital officials wanted a urine sample."

No place in that article did it say the police requested a urine sample. All the officer was doing was assisting...and, the result after being tasered?

The dirt bag sobered up and peed in a cup.

What would be a travesty is if an eighteen year veteran police officer were fired over this.

Offline bigsky

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
pee or else...
« Reply #64 on: March 18, 2005, 07:15:09 PM »
what amazes me is you never here of pedophiles getting abused like that but i guess they are not messed up when dealing with the cops. this would make a good anti-drug commercial, "you do dope, the cops are going to stick things up your wang and give you electricty till it hurts"
"I am moist like bacon"

Offline bigsky

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
pee or else...
« Reply #65 on: March 18, 2005, 07:19:01 PM »
The dirt bag sobered up and peed in a cup.

What would be a travesty is if an eighteen year veteran police officer were fired over this. [/B][/QUOTE]
hmmm, ill bet if i hit you with 50k volts some fluids are going to come out of you without your consent.
the real travisty is that the taxpayer is going to have to foot the bill on this one. its not right that some dirtbag abuses another dirtbag and we have to foot the bill. let the ****er sue that cop, take his house and retirement. it was his choice, his call let him shoulder up the responsibility.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2005, 07:26:49 PM by bigsky »
"I am moist like bacon"

Offline Furious

• Gold Member
pee or else...
« Reply #66 on: March 18, 2005, 07:20:07 PM »
LOL Airhead, you dork.

lets imagine a scenario.

You walk in to a hospital and tell the nurse you did coke.  She requests a piss sample, because that is hospital policy.  You refuse.  She demands.  You refuse.  She calls a police officer.  You refuse.  She has you strapped down.  You refuse.  She once again demands a sample.  You refuse.  She has the cop jump on your chest.  You refuse.  She attempts to insert a catheter (which does hurt btw). You refuse.  The cop tasers you (x2).  You are now very wealthy.

Cops do not have the authority to enforce hospital policy.

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
pee or else...
« Reply #67 on: March 18, 2005, 07:20:39 PM »
Originally posted by Airhead
"Because Wheeler said he had used the drugs, Florida Hospital officials wanted a urine sample."

No place in that article did it say the police requested a urine sample.  

Are you suggesting that one of the cops, after engaging in phone-sex with an off duty nurse, accidently left his cell phone on during the questioning of Antonio, and the nurse, upon hearing Antonio's admission, demanded that they bring Antonio in for a urine test?

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
pee or else...
« Reply #68 on: March 18, 2005, 07:35:15 PM »
I'm just going by the limited information that the article provides.

What would be worse than a cop being fired would be if an 18 year veteran cop was permanently disabled because a crack head was out of line.

Furious,

In the scenerio that you state I would agree with you.  The hospital does not have the right to force you.

BUT, if you are under arrest in a hospital undergoing medical treatment I don't think you have a whole lot of freedoms.  It's not like they were trying to take a kidney, they wanted a urine sample (for what sounds like medical reasons not criminal evidence).  This sample might tell them if there's anything majorly out of wack with the guy that he might die of if not treated.

God forbid a guy wacked out on cocaine dies under police custody.  The hospitals now are damed if you do damed if you don't.  They can almost be sued for anything and have to practice "deffensive medicine" because they cannot financially afford not to.

I just don't see an admitted coke head getting tasered by a cop for struggling with hospital personell a major violation or "torture" as the article describes.

Offline Suave

• Gold Member
pee or else...
« Reply #69 on: March 18, 2005, 07:39:14 PM »
Even in the military they can't force you to have a catheter placed for a urine drug screen.

And a patient of sound mind cannot legally be forced to do anything that he doesn't want to. Just to state the obvious here.

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
pee or else...
« Reply #70 on: March 18, 2005, 07:43:26 PM »
undergoing medical treatment

Medical treatment for what? Yer acting like the urine test was a side thing... to his medical treatment.

No... It was the sole reason he was brought into the hospital in the first place. The only reason he was in a hospital bed was to get his urine.

And he wasn't OD'n on coke, trust me. And if he told the cops the truth, went peacefully into the hospital and only started freakin' out when they wanted to shove something up his dick, then he was pretty clear headed if you ask me.

I agree, there's way too much that wasn't said in the article. Hopefully a Floridian here can update this.

Offline Airhead

• Gold Member
      • http://www.ouchytheclown.com
pee or else...
« Reply #71 on: March 18, 2005, 07:45:45 PM »
Originally posted by Furious
LOL Airhead, you dork.

lets imagine a scenario.

You walk in to a hospital and tell the nurse you did coke.  She requests a piss sample, because that is hospital policy.  You refuse.  She demands.  You refuse.  She calls a police officer.  You refuse.  She has you strapped down.  You refuse.  She once again demands a sample.  You refuse.  She has the cop jump on your chest.  You refuse.  She attempts to insert a catheter (which does hurt btw). You refuse.  The cop tasers you (x2).  You are now very wealthy.

Cops do not have the authority to enforce hospital policy.

Once admitted the hospital has a LEGAL OBLIGATION to treat you if you appear to be a deranged person.

Without knowing which drugs this dirtbag had ingested it would be impossible to properly treat him, and it was his CARE that was the number one priority in this situation- not building a case against the guy.

How do you know the officer wasn't concerned for the dirt bag's medical emergency and acted only to possibly save his life? What if the Officer knew he was bending the rules but tasered the dirtbag out of compassion?

You are too cynical.

Offline Furious

• Gold Member
pee or else...
« Reply #72 on: March 18, 2005, 07:52:04 PM »
Originally posted by Gunslinger
...I just don't see an admitted coke head getting tasered by a cop for struggling with hospital personell a major violation or "torture" as the article describes.

You are fine with a cop tasering a criminal suspect while he was handcuffed to a hospital bed and then secured with leather straps??

He wasn't running around the room assualting folks.  He was strapped down.

What, in your opinion would be the limit of allowable actions a police officer may take in order  to forcibly extract a urine sample?

Offline Furious

• Gold Member
pee or else...
« Reply #73 on: March 18, 2005, 07:53:06 PM »
Originally posted by Airhead
...You are too cynical.

..and your trolls have no power over me. :aok :aok

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
pee or else...
« Reply #74 on: March 18, 2005, 08:22:10 PM »
Originally posted by Furious
You are fine with a cop tasering a criminal suspect while he was handcuffed to a hospital bed and then secured with leather straps??

He wasn't running around the room assualting folks.  He was strapped down.

What, in your opinion would be the limit of allowable actions a police officer may take in order  to forcibly extract a urine sample?

very good point BUT.  while he is restrained the police are responsible for him.  Even people in restraints can cause harm to other people and especially themselves.  If he'd injured himself the police are responsible.  I've seen criminals get brain damage because they bashed their heads againts things while in cuffs.

I'm sure en4rcer could tell you stories of cops and perps alike getting injured WHILE they are restrained.

Just cause he's tied up don't mean he can't do no harm.

BUT I will admit this story is lacking in details and this could go both ways.