Author Topic: I am sickened  (Read 5041 times)

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
I am sickened
« Reply #45 on: April 13, 2005, 01:45:30 PM »
"With 2.03 what are the minimum sys requirements?"

The system requirements havent changed. P3 850, 32m vid card, sound card, all dx9 compatible.
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
I am sickened
« Reply #46 on: April 13, 2005, 01:48:10 PM »
I even tweaked the Services down. I'm still at 34 Processes running (Am afraid to turn it down anymore, unless someone has a "cheatsheet" for me to use).

If you are using Windows XP just shut down everything it will let you shut down. That's what I do, I get down to 13 processes before starting AH.
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
I am sickened
« Reply #47 on: April 13, 2005, 01:53:38 PM »
With 2.03, I start in the tower at 50+ FPS and drop to around high 20's FPS. Very playable

I really dont consider frame rates in the high 20's to be playable. Low 30's is what it takes for me to see a smooth picture all the time.

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
I am sickened
« Reply #48 on: April 13, 2005, 01:54:54 PM »
"If you think that the majority of the player base have screamin' high end systems, you are sorely mistaken"

Where as if you think the majority of the customers (real as well as potential) don't put a high value on eye candy then you're myopic.

There are over 725 players on Hyperlobby right this minute enjoying IL2. How many are online in the AH' "MA"?

I'd wager lunch and a case of your favorite that quite a lot of those several hundred IL2 players are people who use to pay to play AH.

Offline Lye-El

• Silver Member
I am sickened
« Reply #49 on: April 13, 2005, 02:12:49 PM »
Originally posted by WMLute

Do people in the older generation(s), let's say 30+, update their computers every other year?, or tend to buy one and hold onto it for many years.

I replace my system about every three years. All the games require more horsepower to run. My new system is 3 Ghz, 1 Gig RAM, X800SE, Audigy2,(replacing a 1.4 with 512 Meg) and with all the sliders up it will sometimes drop into the teens. But it's not unplayable.  That being said Doom 3 and Farcry will sometimes get a little jittery with everything maxed out, so it's not just AH.

A computer that is many years old is a doorstop. Good for word processing and surfing the web. Not gaming.

I've gone from Ohio Scientific, c-64, Amiga through the various Intel boxes because each couldn't handle what I wanted to do. From 300 baud acoustic modems to broadband. Electronics is a fast evolving technology, obsolence comes quick.

This stuff is my hobby, it's what I spend my money on. I've only owned one new  vehicle in my life, maybe thats why.
:)  Oh, and by the way, I'm 49.

i dont got enough perkies as it is and i like upen my lancs to kill 1 dang t 34 or wirble its fun droping 42 bombs

Offline red420

• Zinc Member
I am sickened
« Reply #50 on: April 13, 2005, 02:31:23 PM »
Lute, I think you're the only other person that understood what I was trying to say. But that wasn't my only point..I mean really, what has changed in the gameplay of AH since they came out with 2? nothing! I've seen plenty of great ideas in feedback and request forum for making the game more fun and interesting but apparently nobody cares about that.. It's not just about the frame rate issue to me. The game is not unplayable on my computer, I'm just tired of all the bs eye candy when we can't even get any new planes or ground vehicles, or anything that might change the game play. You people can call me whiny (Zazen) but I couldn't care less about what you think of me. I'm not here to make your day. I just think that if you look past all the visual garbage, the same old AH is still there and it's getting old. But if you like the same old thing every day, over and over, with pretty clouds and trees and water, then you should love this game.

Anyone played Fighter Ace lately? would like to know how badly it's gone downhill, but at least they have a decent selection of aircraft to choose from

Offline Clip121

• Copper Member
I am sickened
« Reply #51 on: April 13, 2005, 02:33:05 PM »
Mine runs great - even better in some aspects - since the patch.  That is until I get low to ground in a fight....  Then my screen practically freezes as it loads the brand new trees.  At that point I go from 50-60 fps down to 7-9 fps, which is unplayable.  If I turn the detail down, can't see the trees that I hit, that is until I hit em.  Also can't see the fields unless I am right on top of em - no pavement seems to show.  Big difference from last version which was smooth as ever to my machine.  
     I don't particularly care for the eye candy at all, although I have no problem with it.  It isn't why I like to play the game.  I'll tweak my sliders and hopefully will come up with an acceptable solution.  

Clip

I hate the trees!!!!

Offline Ohio43

• Copper Member
I am sickened
« Reply #52 on: April 13, 2005, 02:37:42 PM »
and you sir may want to turn VSYNC on.

« Last Edit: April 13, 2005, 02:45:02 PM by Ohio43 »

Offline Clifra Jones

• Silver Member
I am sickened
« Reply #53 on: April 13, 2005, 03:00:07 PM »
Originally posted by Heretik
Then why can I walk into a room full of computers and almost instantly tell you which ones are running a 60hz refresh rate?  I do have a hard time telling 75 from 85 though.

Florescent lights and 60Hz monitors will synchronize and some people can see this. Some people will not realize they are seeing it. This will cause some of the most exquisitely devastating migraines you have ever experienced.

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
I am sickened
« Reply #54 on: April 13, 2005, 03:00:17 PM »
Originally posted by Ohio43

had it off didn't ya'?
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline Clifra Jones

• Silver Member
I am sickened
« Reply #55 on: April 13, 2005, 03:20:21 PM »
If you think that the majority of the player base have screamin' high end systems, you are sorely mistaken.

Think it through a bit.  What is the avg. age of the players in AH???  Would you say that most of the players are older?  What percentage?  

Sorry but your premise just doesn't wash. Most "older" people are going to have the resources to upgrade. Or at least they should if they are at all successfull in life. If you mean retired folks then sure that's another story but we do not want that to be the common denominator.

Yes, I am one of those "older' folks. late 40's, and I do  have the resources to support my hobby. Do I like spending the cash? No not really but if it's necessary I will.

It's like this in any hobby, I know guys, some quite older than me, who will spend $1.5K-2.5K on golf equipment every 2-3 years. Not to mention the wads of cash they spend of greens fees every year.  Compared to what they spend my hobby is a steal!

By your logic we should also make allowences for those who cannot afford the best flight sticks, throttles and peddals, eh?

Bottom line here is this, if your serious about this sim then you will do whatever it takes to get the rig that you want. Scrimp, save, side work, paper route, beg the wife, whatever. Just don't ask the rest of us that are willing to do this to be chained down to your standards.

Offline LTARokit

• Copper Member
I am sickened
« Reply #56 on: April 13, 2005, 03:37:59 PM »
Originally posted by Clifra Jones
[Bottom line here is this, if your serious about this sim then you will do whatever it takes to get the rig that you want. Scrimp, save, side work, paper route, beg the wife, whatever. Just don't ask the rest of us that are willing to do this to be chained down to your standards. [/B]

_____________________________ _____________

Started playing this sim bout 2 years ago, with a 2nd hand rig. Knew then I needed improvements..averaged bout 15 to 25 fpm, and I tried improving rig what I could.  By the time AH2 rolled in fpm dropped to 0 - 15, to the point of having to leave for a couple of months by which time I had scrimped, saved side work money, etc. etc., to purchase a proper gaming rig. Already I'm banking money to continue upgrading, to keep ahead of the game even though my fpm averages are 115.  The longer ya wait, the harder it becomes to play catch up.

Offline Donzo

• Gold Member
      • http://www.bops.us
I am sickened
« Reply #57 on: April 13, 2005, 03:47:10 PM »
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Howitzer
Your eyes can only see around 30fps anyway, the rest is just a bonus =)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by Heretik
Then why can I walk into a room full of computers and almost instantly tell you which ones are running a 60hz refresh rate?  I do have a hard time telling 75 from 85 though.

I think it's more around 60 - 72 fps, not 30.. That's why you can tell which monitor is running a 60hz refresh rate.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
I am sickened
« Reply #58 on: April 13, 2005, 04:40:36 PM »
In-game settings:

Resolution: 1024x768
Maximum Texture Size: 256
Preload textures into system ram is enabled
Other preload options disabled

My detail settings:

When there is a lot of smoke and planes at a field, I see the FPS dip into the low 20's.  Mostly stays in the upper 20's at a busy field.
If I need to see ground objects, I toggle on ground vis.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Simaril

• Platinum Member
I am sickened
« Reply #59 on: April 13, 2005, 06:35:38 PM »
Skuzzy -- question.

When the slider for view distance is set for performance, the dots indicating GVs disappear at range along with the trees, etc. This is a major disadvantage when roach hunting  (but so is a FR below 10).

If view range sliders are set low, and the ground vis setting is then toggled on, will the roaches pop back into view? Does the air vis range stay short, as i assume?

Thanks

Simaril
Maturity is knowing that I've been an idiot in the past.
Wisdom is realizing I will be an idiot in the future.
Common sense is trying to not be an idiot right now

"Social Fads are for sheeple." - Meatwad