Author Topic: Vietnam marks 30th anniversary of war's end  (Read 2874 times)

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
Vietnam marks 30th anniversary of war's end
« Reply #60 on: May 02, 2005, 09:36:33 AM »
Originally posted by -tronski-
How to fight it?

Australian and New Zealand infantry units were extremely successful in Vietnam, using lessons learned from fighting the communists in Malaya.

From small unit, and large formation tactics and operations, counter-insurgent patrolling, to unit make-up and formation rotations in and out of Vietnam.

Tronsky

Agreed, but it wasn`t directed at any country, only an individual.
Actualy I deleted the post. I had  found out earlier in the day that my best friend had been killed and wasn`t in the best frame of mind.
Apoligies to the thread.
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Krusher

• Gold Member
« Reply #61 on: May 02, 2005, 09:47:36 AM »
Originally posted by -tronski-
How to fight it?

Australian and New Zealand infantry units were extremely successful in Vietnam, using lessons learned from fighting the communists in Malaya.

From small unit, and large formation tactics and operations, counter-insurgent patrolling, to unit make-up and formation rotations in and out of Vietnam.

Agreed

One of the books I read states flat out that the Austrailian forces were the most successful at fighting in Vietnam because of their prior experience in Malaya.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2005, 09:50:09 AM by Krusher »

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
« Reply #62 on: May 02, 2005, 10:49:26 AM »
Originally posted by Gixer
C'mon Nuke you and others can do better then the usual petty insults please.

...-Gixer

Well Gixer, you seem to like to try and diminish my opinions by stating things about America.....as if it were perfectly fair game.

You are the one that comes off arrogant while doing so. Ever think about that? I don't remember ever saying anything about New Zealand as a point in an argument with you, but you bring up my country a lot. For instance, I say that the Chinese people are oppressd, then you respond by saying Americans get their information about the outside world from FOX. You sound like the one being arrogant and ignorant.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2005, 10:53:06 AM by NUKE »

Offline Krusher

• Gold Member
« Reply #63 on: May 02, 2005, 11:56:44 AM »
Originally posted by NUKE
For instance, I say that the Chinese people are oppressd, then you respond by saying Americans get their information about the outside world from FOX.

The argument that Americans are uninformed or brainwashed by propaganda is old, tired and for the most part BS.

Offline Boroda

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #64 on: May 02, 2005, 01:36:02 PM »
You seem obsessed with this conception that if your not living in the US or under democracy you must be opressed and from someone who hasn't been to China or probably knows anything more about Vietnam or China then what he sees and hears from Fox News and all it's balanced reporting.

That's one of the reasons it's so funny to hear how opressed and poor I was in Soviet times.

Vietnam - Red side won. 30 years of peace, removing a Pol Pot regime in Kambodia, winning a war with China.

Afghanistan - Red side withdrew, 15+ years of civil war, slaughter and a teocratic Taliban regime built by Blue side.

Noone seems to remember several millions of Vietnamese killed by carpet bombings, using toxic defoliants and Song Mi. BTW, I tried to find any information about Song Mi on the Net, I failed... Is it already forgotten?... :rolleyes:

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #65 on: May 02, 2005, 01:39:14 PM »
Song Mi
====
The Beatles White Album?

On a unrelated note: Hows things in Moscow these days Boroda?
I saw a prime time news special this weekend on PrimeTime (A news telezine) about that american guy who was running Russian Forbes Magazine and his murder.

Was a fascinating story.  I feel sorry for that guy, seems he stepped on some powerful toes....and the way Moscow was described was really something.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2005, 01:42:15 PM by Yeager »
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Boroda

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #66 on: May 02, 2005, 01:45:15 PM »
???

It was a village that had it's complete population including pregnant women and babies slaughtered by US troops. The platoon commander, lt. Kollie (sp? I read his mane only in Cyrillic, Колли) spent someting like one year in prison, got sentenced to something like 1.5 years and released even sooner, IIRC.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #67 on: May 02, 2005, 02:02:04 PM »
It's My Lai in our history, not Song Mi

Notice that Lt. Calley and others were prosecuted, unlike the Soviet murderers at Katyn Forest.

You can go on pretending that the Soviets were all benevolent freedom fighters but history has already shown that to be one of the biggest lies so far.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #68 on: May 02, 2005, 02:04:53 PM »
Your talking about Mi Lae Villiage.  Google that and you will find plenty.
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Boroda

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #69 on: May 02, 2005, 02:10:26 PM »
Originally posted by Yeager
Your talking about Mi Lae Villiage.  Google that and you will find plenty.

Thanks. Last time I read about it it was on Chechen terrorist site after 0911, they removed the article in a few days, and the village was called "Song Mi"... You see - they always lie :mad:

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #70 on: May 02, 2005, 02:23:52 PM »
all I know is that to win an arguement on security vs freedom on this board....

All I have to do is say how secure and crime free soviet russia was and "is that what you would like?"  that  useally ends the thirst for letting the government run your life.

;azs

Offline Pooh21

• Gold Member
« Reply #71 on: May 02, 2005, 02:27:57 PM »
Originally posted by Yeager

On a unrelated note: Hows things in Moscow these days Boroda?

Originally posted by Boroda
???

It was a village that had it's complete population including pregnant women and babies slaughtered by US troops. The platoon commander, lt. Kollie (sp? I read his mane only in Cyrillic, Колли) spent someting like one year in prison, got sentenced to something like 1.5 years and released even sooner, IIRC.

:confused:

:o

pwned
Bis endlich der Fiend am Boden liegt.
Bis Bishland bis Bishland bis Bishland wird besiegt!

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #72 on: May 02, 2005, 03:05:19 PM »
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
C'mon Nuke you and others can do better then the usual petty insults please.

...-Gixer
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by NUKE
Well Gixer, you seem to like to try and diminish my opinions by stating things about America.....as if it were perfectly fair game.

You are the one that comes off arrogant while doing so. Ever think about that? I don't remember ever saying anything about New Zealand as a point in an argument with you, but you bring up my country a lot. For instance, I say that the Chinese people are oppressd, then you respond by saying Americans get their information about the outside world from FOX. You sound like the one being arrogant and ignorant.

Insults?  YOU pretend to KNOW what you are trying to discuss and WE'RE insulting you?  Again, ask my adopted Vietnamese brother.

Karaya
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline JimBear

• Nickel Member
« Reply #73 on: May 02, 2005, 03:21:29 PM »

Offline Pooh21

• Gold Member
« Reply #74 on: May 02, 2005, 06:55:36 PM »
Jimbear you shouda labeled that pwned, then we could seen what Nuke looks like having an epileptic fit
Bis endlich der Fiend am Boden liegt.
Bis Bishland bis Bishland bis Bishland wird besiegt!