Author Topic: Up OR Down Vote(S)  (Read 1292 times)

Offline Kev367th

• Platinum Member
Up OR Down Vote(S)
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2005, 03:33:12 AM »
Originally posted by DREDIOCK
of any plane to be added to the game I would think the last one to be considered would be yet another spit:aok

Why not ? Hypocrasy coming from the man who has 5 109's to choose from.

We have 3 free 'usable' Spits, 14 isn't worth it.
There are 4 free 190s, 5 free 109s

Your all just scared of a 1/2 way decent free Spit in the arena that can compete with the Runstangs etc. ;)

But you being an F4 man understandable Drediock, especially if it was VIII, XII, or XVI that was introduced.

Since when is an LFIX a post 1942 Spit.

Make it an LFVIII I'll agree.

Big thumbs down on all 3!!!!!
« Last Edit: June 05, 2005, 03:47:38 AM by Kev367th »
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
Asus M3N-HT mobo
2 x 2Gb Corsair 1066 DDR2 memory

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
Up OR Down Vote(S)
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2005, 08:55:22 AM »
Originally posted by Kev367th
Why not ? Hypocrasy coming from the man who has 5 109's to choose from.

We have 3 free 'usable' Spits, 14 isn't worth it.
There are 4 free 190s, 5 free 109s

Your all just scared of a 1/2 way decent free Spit in the arena that can compete with the Runstangs etc. ;)

But you being an F4 man understandable Drediock, especially if it was VIII, XII, or XVI that was introduced.

Since when is an LFIX a post 1942 Spit.

Make it an LFVIII I'll agree.

Big thumbs down on all 3!!!!!

Too many of the damn things in the air already.
Last thing I want to see and the last thing the MA needs is another and even MORE Superduper EZmode plane. Which is essentally what spits are. And why I call em "the Tricycle with training wheels"
Now you want training wheels for your training wheels?
Why not just ask for one of those arcade "smart bombs" that with a push of the button blows up everything around you?

LOL if your a spit driver and have problems with most of the runstang drivers in the MA then you have larger problems then plane type.
  I come across a runstang I lick my chops as there are only a handful that fly them well,or smart. and even fewer that fly them both well and smart. And I can usually tell within  the first move or two if they are. But the same holds true with alot of the less uber planes also and those pilots who are very good in the pony are also very good in just about anything including an early model P40.

My largest concern with runstangs is that they wil run away.
which isnt really a concern because as anyone who has owned a dog will tell you. You wont get them to come to you if you chase after them. Let them run and dont chase and they will probably come back. "Pet comes to master. Master doesnt chase pet"
Make them come to you and eventually they will either become overconfident or frustrated with their inability to kill you and they will be yours

Nice thing about 109 f4's (and the rest of the less uber planes) is  when a spit kills one, big whoop. Spits with even a halfway competent driver SHOULD kill 109 f4's.

But when a 109 F4 kills a spit. The spit driver gets to suffer the indignity of haveing been killed by a 109 f4.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2005, 08:58:28 AM by DREDIOCK »
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline Kev367th

• Platinum Member
Up OR Down Vote(S)
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2005, 09:38:40 AM »
Too many of them?

Just about every other plane you run into in the MA is a Lala, D9, G10 or Pony.
90%+ of which will run when you get close them and the free Spits at the moment just dont have the speed to go after them.

Look at it this way -
There are 4x190s and 5x109s for a total of 9 free German frontline fighters covering the whole war.
12 if you include the 163,152,262.

RAF has 3xSpits and 3xHurris for a total of 6 free covering up to 1942 ONLY.
8 if you include the Spit 14 and Tempest which takes it to 1944.

No I'm not counting the Tiffy as a fighter, it's primary role was ground attack.

Now add the Spit 8,12 and 16 and drop the 14 which is hardly ever used.
That now makes 6xSpits and 3 Hurris for a total of 9 free ones, the same as the LW. 10 if you include the Tempest.
You now have an RAF fighter planeset that goes all the way from the BoB to the end of war and like every other country it has a free speed demon.
Even if you leave the Spit 14 in that still only comes to 11 compared to the LW 12. Count the Tiffy its 12 v 12.

Wheres the problem?

Or is this a roundabout way of saying no late war Spits because they were that good?
After all that seems to be the reason the Spit 14 is perked according to numerous people.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2005, 10:00:01 AM by Kev367th »
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
Asus M3N-HT mobo

Offline Pooface

• Gold Member
Up OR Down Vote(S)
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2005, 09:48:17 AM »
i am totally in agreement here.

people complain about spitV's, sheesh, they are just nice planes, and do well because good pilots are in the cockpit

spits at the moment are slow and have numerous problems
next update should fix those by adding some late war spits, just like kev said, to even things out

Offline Pooface

• Gold Member
Up OR Down Vote(S)
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2005, 09:48:23 AM »

people complain about spitV's, sheesh, they are just nice planes, and do well because good pilots are in the cockpit

next update should fix those by adding some late war spits, just like kev said, to even things out

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
Up OR Down Vote(S)
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2005, 10:08:42 AM »
Originally posted by Kev367th
Too many of them?

Just about every other plane you run into in the MA is a Lala, D9, G10 or Pony.

Odd. the vast majority of planes I run into in the MA are either spits. or LALA's and more recently the KI 84 which seems to be gaining in popularity as of late.

Actually in ll honesty you could flip the LALA and the KI as over the last week or so I've been seeing more KI84s then LAs

I almost consider it a rare treat when I run into one of the other types
Death is no easy answer
It ain't pretty

Offline Kev367th

• Platinum Member
Up OR Down Vote(S)
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2005, 10:15:26 AM »
Remember also Drediock Britain only really had one mainstay fighter from 1941 onwards - the Spitfire.
Wasn't like Germany were there was two major manufacturers Focke Wulf and Messerschmit, so logically you would have a lot of Spit Mks and Hurris but equal to the amount of Bfs and FWs.
Considering that it was Germany brought out a new fighter, Britain followed suit, or vice versa.
So it would make sense that there would probably be more Spit variants in AH2 than any other make.

To even suggest the current frontline fighter planeset of the RAF is balanced or well spread out throughout the war is ludicrous.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2005, 10:18:15 AM by Kev367th »
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
Asus M3N-HT mobo

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
Re: Up OR Down Vote(S)
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2005, 10:43:12 AM »
Originally posted by 1K3
1. REVERT Spitfire Mk. V's max engine rating from +16 to +12 to REPRESENT a 1941 plane model

I appreciate how your questions do not appear leading or in any way biased toward a particular response.

Poll on, brave virtual warrior.

-- Todd/Leviathn

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
Up OR Down Vote(S)
« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2005, 10:57:09 AM »
you friggin nerds.

dont touch the spit.
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline 68DevilM

• Gold Member
Up OR Down Vote(S)
« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2005, 11:47:29 AM »
how about putting a large lawnmower on the bottom of the spit so we can trim the trees down....

perk the trees:rofl

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
Up OR Down Vote(S)
« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2005, 12:36:33 PM »
Originally posted by Pooface

Lmao. Spits are by far the easiest planes to fly and the easiest planes to get kills in.
A spit will make OK pilots decent,Decent pilots pretty good and good pilots great And great pilots..well forgeddaboutit.

There are good pilots in spits no question. But alot of those good pilots would do well in alot of other planes as well.

Alot of dedicated spit drivers though would be lost in anything other then a spit for a good while.
Not because they arent any good but because they've had it too cushy for too long.

Think your a "good" pilot cause you can get alot of kills in a spit?
Try flying something else for a while and see how "good" you are in it.
fact of the matter is in most other planes you gotta work for a living. Fly a Jug, or a Stang, or a 190. or a 109 till your pretty deecent in it and then go back to the spit  and you will be astounded at just how much easier spits really are.
You will almost feel like your cheating.

Too much is made about speed. Speed isnt everything. I welcome planes with speed because I find they are easier to avoid and the very slowness of the spit and its ability to manuver and climb while being slow is one of its greatest assets IMO

Speed is good if your running or chasing or B&Zing but in an eyball to eyeball knife fight Speed can be a liability rather then an asset. E manegment and the ability to manuver at low speeds is your best ally.
Death is no easy answer
It ain't pretty

Offline thrila

• Gold Member
      • The Few Squadron
Up OR Down Vote(S)
« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2005, 12:47:56 PM »
Darn spit haters!:) There are several planes equally as forgiving as the spit.
"Willy's gone and made another,
Something like it's elder brother-
Wing tips rounded, spinner's bigger.
Unbraced tailplane ends it's figure.
One-O-nine F is it's name-
F is for futile, not for fame."

Offline eilif

• Silver Member
Up OR Down Vote(S)
« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2005, 01:24:11 PM »
posted by culero

Start with a "Korea" arena, Sabres and MIG15s plus Yaks Hogs Vaders etc.

i doubt htc would do that since there is another mogg that already has that.

dawn of aces was about ww1, aces high was ww2, i bet his next game will be a modern combat game naturaly.

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
Up OR Down Vote(S)
« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2005, 01:33:44 PM »
Originally posted by DREDIOCK
fact of the matter is in most other planes you gotta work for a living. Fly a Jug, or a Stang, or a 190. or a 109 till your pretty deecent in it and then go back to the spit  and you will be astounded at just how much easier spits really are.

Aces High is supposed to be fun.  I already work for a living, so why would I do the same in my spare time?  Spits are, pound for pound, the most fun thing to fly in the game for me.  It's not about working for it or proving one's manhood; it's about having fun with the time we have to play.  If flying something that makes you "work for a living" does it for you, that's great.  Don't expect that I'm going to share your enthusiasm however.

Honestly, I'm not sure I understand why you're so concerned about what others fly or how others perceive you based on what you fly.

-- Todd/Leviathn

Offline 1K3

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Up OR Down Vote(S)
« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2005, 02:11:27 PM »
Another UP or DOWN vote...

1. Perk the Spit XIV to a single digit value

2. Use the PROPER DATA for Fw-190A-5 (R.L.M's evaluation of Fw-190A-5)

3. Like what we've seen with Spitfire V, and La-5FN, Fw-190A-8 needs a new engine (replace BMW 801-2 with 801 F/TS/or TU)