Author Topic: Dear Mr. President..  (Read 5035 times)

Offline -dead-

• Silver Member
Dear Mr. President..
« Reply #45 on: September 17, 2001, 11:11:00 AM »
Funds for terrorist operations come from Saudi Arabia, Gulf States, Algeria, Morocco, Iran, to name just a few.

Hey you missed one really big spender! These fruitloops will fund, train and equip almost anyone, no matter how mad or evil, using all the time-honoured amoral methods - drug smuggling, arms deals. Past beneficiaries & achievements include: the Taliban, Osama Bin Ladin,  quite a few terrorist groups in Latin America, sponsorship of several groups who make their political opponents disappear and turn up later in mass graves, a bit of gun-running past the UN blockade to armies in Kosovo:

Somehow, I don't think this lot will be brought to justice, though

[ 09-17-2001: Message edited by: -dead- ]
“The FBI has no hard evidence connecting Usama Bin Laden to 9/11.” --  Rex Tomb, Chief of Investigative Publicity for the FBI, June 5, 2006.

Offline ispar

• Nickel Member
      • http://None :-)
Dear Mr. President..
« Reply #46 on: September 17, 2001, 08:17:00 PM »
Oh, I see Hangtime... we may risk American troops. But who gives a flying f*ck about that Afghanis, eh? I mean, they're all fundamentalist muslim nutcases who deserve to be even more downtrodden and destitute. Sure...

You speak of justice, but you speak of is simply hiding more evil behind the veil of justice. The ends NEVER justify the means, and the ends in this case wouldn't be justified either.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
Dear Mr. President..
« Reply #47 on: September 17, 2001, 10:53:00 PM »
Time to come up for air and look around you.

The military is already in motion, in case you haven't noticed.

The National Command Authority (the President) has consulted his advisors and it sure looks like the compass needle is pointing at Afganistan. The House and Senate have given the green light to just about any action and given it in advance.

The "government" (if you can call it that) of Afganistan has been basically told to hand over Bin Laden. The Pakistanis went as emissaries and got rebuffed. The President told the Taliban on TV that he was serious.

So, you don't need a huge IQ to figure this one out. Either the Taliban is going to hand him over or we are going in to get him.

It isn't going to be very nice for either side. But I'd bet my hat, cane and spats that it's coming down in the relatively short term.

Bin Laden or War of some kind with Afganistan, like it or not.

Time to figure out which side you're going to be on... there won't be any national referendum on this one.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline ispar

• Nickel Member
      • http://None :-)
Dear Mr. President..
« Reply #48 on: September 18, 2001, 05:36:00 PM »
Originally posted by Toad:
Time to come up for air and look around you.

The military is already in motion, in case you haven't noticed.

The National Command Authority (the President) has consulted his advisors and it sure looks like the compass needle is pointing at Afganistan. The House and Senate have given the green light to just about any action and given it in advance.

The "government" (if you can call it that) of Afganistan has been basically told to hand over Bin Laden. The Pakistanis went as emissaries and got rebuffed. The President told the Taliban on TV that he was serious.

So, you don't need a huge IQ to figure this one out. Either the Taliban is going to hand him over or we are going in to get him.

It isn't going to be very nice for either side. But I'd bet my hat, cane and spats that it's coming down in the relatively short term.

Bin Laden or War of some kind with Afganistan, like it or not.

Time to figure out which side you're going to be on... there won't be any national referendum on this one.

Yes, I know... I feel like a fly trying to stop a juggernaut. A juggernaut that I don't think needs to be stopped, merely controlled. I just don't want us to do something we'll regret later, and the chances of that happening are high.

Offline Gadfly

• Silver Member
Dear Mr. President..
« Reply #49 on: September 18, 2001, 05:41:00 PM »
In Vietnam, had we sent in only spec ops troops to take care of the leaders and CnC, would we have won the war?  I mean North V, Cambodia and Laos, too.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
Dear Mr. President..
« Reply #50 on: September 18, 2001, 09:49:00 PM »
Originally posted by ispar:
I just don't want us to do something we'll regret later, and the chances of that happening are high.

Well who the heck does?

However, please direct me to a link on a war, any real war, where everything turned out as planned, no screw-ups were encountered, no innocent lives were lost and everything turned out just peachy in the end.

Hate to be the one to break it to you, but real life is knocking on all our doors. No Hollywood endings coming up.

Take heart... the human race has been here before...

"...I would say to the House, as I said to those who have joined this government: "I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears and sweat."

We have before us an ordeal of the most grievous kind. We have before us many, many long months of struggle and of suffering. You ask, what is our policy? I can say: It is to wage war, by sea, land and air, with all our might and with all the strength that God can give us; to wage war against a monstrous tyranny, never surpassed in the dark, lamentable catalogue of human crime. That is our policy. You ask, what is our aim? I can answer in one word: It is victory, victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory, however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."  Winston Churchill,  May 13, 1940 to House of Commons.

There really is nothing new under the sun.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
Dear Mr. President..
« Reply #51 on: September 19, 2001, 01:14:00 AM »
In Vietnam, had we sent in only spec ops troops to take care of the leaders and CnC, would we have won the war? I mean North V, Cambodia and Laos, too.

We had a special op plan.. I think it was called Pheonix.. ran for quite awile..

Possibly.. been noted that the atrocities on our POW's ceased with 48 hours of uncle Ho's death. Only after he died did SERIOUS negotiatons begin to end the war.

If Ho's material supplies were cut off completly and the bombing effort allowed to strike all targets on the proscribed list the war would have been over in 1969.
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline Broes

• Copper Member
Dear Mr. President..
« Reply #52 on: September 19, 2001, 02:44:00 AM »
Tactical Nuke... God that makes me even more scared then ANY airplane with terrorists will. Have you ANY F***ing idea what will happen if the US will use that?!?!?!

Never thought about all the nukes the USSR 'disassemled'? What if ONE of these ended up with a terrorist like Bin L.?

Do you think the rest of the world will just sit by and watch the US nukes rogues states?

Trust me, I abhore what happened in NY and Washington but if you are gone us nukes to 'right wrongs' you are gonne drag the whole world in WW3.

Broes
Holland

Offline -dead-

• Silver Member
Dear Mr. President..
« Reply #53 on: September 19, 2001, 07:24:00 AM »
Hmmm appears to me you chaps still don't really have much of a clue who's responsible, but it's comforting you already have your Oswald... oops... I mean Osama  :D

inneresting article on some of the hijackers
“The FBI has no hard evidence connecting Usama Bin Laden to 9/11.” --  Rex Tomb, Chief of Investigative Publicity for the FBI, June 5, 2006.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
Dear Mr. President..
« Reply #54 on: September 19, 2001, 08:21:00 AM »
Broes, ever think of what will happen if the bad guys use a tactical nuke? Any reason to believe they won't? Any reason to be believe they don't already have one or are working hard on getting one?

Dead, Bin Laden is just the beginning of taking out the trash. He's already on the list for the African embassy bombings. There's going to be others in any event.

Offline Effdub

• Zinc Member
      • http://home.netsurf.de/robert.sander/
Dear Mr. President..
« Reply #55 on: September 19, 2001, 08:56:00 AM »
I thought we were fighting Terrorism? You can go over to Afgahnistan and nuke 'em if ya want but the Terrorists (remember we wanted to fight Terrorists?) have already left Afgahnistan a long time ago.

31.000 Fundamentalists are currently living right next door here in Germany (if my numbers are correct). They are recieving high quality Education in OUR schools, they are living in the USA and recieving high quality flight education in YOUR schools.

These punks are spread out all over the world - those in Afgahnistan are of the least interest to us I would say.

How many people die to the Mafia each year? According to your logic we should nuke Italy?

How many people die to Drugs each year? According to your logic we should nuke Columbia?

If you take a close look at how the "war" against crime (be it Mafia or Drug Lords) is waged, you'll get an insight of how the war against Terrorists will be fought.

Afgahnistan lost 2 million people in their 10 year war against Russia.

2 Million People. That was ok - it was their war - now its personal - lets nuke the ones who survived. Amen.

I can fully understand that you want revenge - but this is serious - We all have to work together to seek and hunt down the wide spread network of Terrorists all over the world.

Why? Because it may sooth your souls to get some sort of revenge by killing someone, anyone - but it is even more important to stop those that are preparing to launch THE NEXT ATTACK on us, those that are currently living in... Holland, France, Japan, Texas....?

Effdub

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
Dear Mr. President..
« Reply #56 on: September 19, 2001, 09:19:00 AM »
Perhaps I didn't state my opinion clearly enough.

Here's another shot.

I believe before this is over.... and I think we're talking in decades, 10, 20, 30 years... a nuke will most definitely be used.

I also believe, without a single doubt, that the "terrorist" side will make first use of the nuke.

Whether that in turn generates an "in kind" response remains to be seen.

In short, I have never thought it a question of "if" but merely of "when". I am also certain of "who".

In the game of "Clue" style, it will be the terrorists, with a nuke, somewhere in the USA, within the next three to four decades.

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
Dear Mr. President..
« Reply #57 on: September 19, 2001, 09:47:00 AM »
Toad.  

A terrorist nuclear detonation in contitnental US is probably a forgone conclusion in most peoples minds but I would think the next 3-4 years is just as likely as 3-4 decades from now.  For that matter why not 3-4 days from now or 3-4 hours from now.

What can be done to prevent it?  What should be done?  Are 30 million American people more valuable that 300 million people from other nations?

If yes, why?

If not, why?

Yeager
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline SirLoin

• Platinum Member
Dear Mr. President..
« Reply #58 on: September 19, 2001, 10:16:00 AM »
I heard on the news there are 4 USSR mini nukes still missing from thier disarmament..They HAVE to be somewhere<I am looking at USSR Borders..Hmm>
**JOKER'S JOKERS**

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Dear Mr. President..
« Reply #59 on: September 19, 2001, 10:26:00 AM »
Originally posted by Yeager:

If not, why?

Life as no price neither weight so 30 == 300 == 3 == 100000