Author Topic: Freaking Cat people,.. pretty messed up.  (Read 4643 times)

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
Freaking Cat people,.. pretty messed up.
« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2005, 11:40:37 AM »
It's all relative Skyprancer. Some folks like bikes, others cars.

I don't dislike dogs... would still have one if I could fit it into my lifestyle. Cats are not troublesome pets, dogs require significantly more involement from their owners than cats.

I prefer women to dogs as pets.. they are almost as smart, fetch nearly as well and tend to not shed quite as much.
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline Skydancer

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2005, 11:43:56 AM »
Most smell better too! :lol :lol

Indeed you are right but its fun arguing the toss too;)

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: July 13, 2005, 11:46:59 AM »
If my wife could kiss her own ass, I'd still be married.
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline ChickenHawk

• Silver Member
Re: Freaking Cat people,.. pretty messed up.
« Reply #33 on: July 13, 2005, 01:38:28 PM »
Originally posted by Yeager2
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/07/11/AR2005071101489.html

I once dated a girl who was all into cats ( had about 8 of them..)  

I thought THAT was too freaking much,...  but this is unbelievable,.. pretty screwed up.

:rolleyes:  :eek:

Ouch.  Cat hoarding is bad but what about goat hoarding?  From this weeks News of the Weird:

Goat-hoarding continues as an occasional obsession, with a woman in Saarburg, Germany, evicted in June for sharing her home with 43 goats, and a man in Aiken, S.C., charged with animal cruelty in May for cohabiting for seven years with 200 goats in a house whose walls were gnawed away and which contained 3-foot-high hay stacks saturated with manure and urine. [Reuters, 6-7-05] [Augusta Chronicle, 5-20-05]
http://www.newsoftheweird.com/archive/index.html
Do not attribute to malice what can be easily explained by incompetence, fear, ignorance or stupidity, because there are millions more garden variety idiots walking around in the world than there are blackhearted Machiavellis.

Offline Torque

• Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: July 13, 2005, 01:51:44 PM »
what is it with these women and cats?

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: July 13, 2005, 02:16:20 PM »
misery loves company.

...at home, or abroad.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #36 on: July 13, 2005, 03:41:15 PM »
I never understood dog people unless they are hunters or sheperds..  or... just very lonely, socialy inept people.

If I wanted a wet tounge in my crotch all the time I would let my girfriend move in..

If I wanted whining and adoring looks... same thing... If I wanted broken stuff and something to babysit for 20 years.... I would have another kid.

If I wanted to clean up crap and have to arrange for a babysitter every time I went somewhere... same thing... have another kid.

If I wanted my house to stink like a dog I would by some kind of spray product.

They can't be left alone... they are too stupid to leave a weeks worth of food and water with and then go on vacation.... they annoy every person who comes over and the owner mistakes peoples politeness as being the same fawning love for dogs as they themselves have.

lazs

Offline SunKing

• Gold Member
« Reply #37 on: July 13, 2005, 05:11:46 PM »
Chemical Imbalance.

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #38 on: July 13, 2005, 05:24:32 PM »
"Do you know anything about Psycology? Psyciatry? I do. I've studied it quite a bit. Even before I became a Scientologist. There's no such thing as a chemical imbalance." - Tom Cruise

...at home, or abroad.

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: July 13, 2005, 05:33:07 PM »
Hey Lazs - are you up to that challenge?

I will post that pic of me holding an affectionate female calico cat, but you then have to post a picture of you holding one of your cats to your face. :) I'll check back here in about 10 hours to see if you're up for it. :aok

toodle-pip :aok

Offline Chairboy

• Probation
  • Plutonium Member
      • hallert.net
« Reply #40 on: July 13, 2005, 05:49:43 PM »
"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Offline Skydancer

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #41 on: July 13, 2005, 05:52:18 PM »
Lazs are you realy the cantankerous old git you come across as? You're the kind of guy who'd argue black was white just for the hell of it aren't you. Think you're sussed mate.

Cats?  Crap all over your garden just like dogs but more devious, they bury it!. Bring dead dismembered creatures into the house in some bizarre idea that you'll be pleased with them! :rolleyes: Kill virtualy anything bigger than an insect that dares come to your garden, yet  will not protect your property from unwanted interest of the Human kind, Have no connection to their owner other than free food and bed to kip on. Leave hairballs, fluff everywhere. Lull you into thinking their freindly only to decide your arm hand whatever is prey and savage the crap out of it.

Vermin only good for killing mice and providing entertainment for Dogs!
 :D

Offline AKS\/\/ulfe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: July 13, 2005, 06:08:53 PM »
Yeah, because a dog is really interested in companionship with the hairless meat sack that gives it free food, walks it, and scoops up its poop.
-SW

Offline Skydancer

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #43 on: July 13, 2005, 06:16:17 PM »
Dog is a pack animal. It becomes part of your pack and part of the heirarchy. Dogs need that just like Wolves its nature, and companionship and a genuine partnership. Ones thats been around for a very long time.

Cats need bugger all and are solitary critters. Origionaly just ornaments for a few ruling types. Big difference.

Offline Gunthr

• Gold Member
      • http://www.dot.squat
« Reply #44 on: July 13, 2005, 06:16:51 PM »
If my wife could kiss her own ass, I'd still be married. - Hangtime

Hangtime, you should be a motivational speaker, with these kind of "gems!"  :D

Don't want to open a can of worms here, but, since you are a cat advocate, I have to ask about feeding.  Is it so bad to feed raw fish or meat a time or two per week?
"When I speak I put on a mask. When I act, I am forced to take it off."  - Helvetius 18th Century