Author Topic: Rubber Bullets  (Read 3531 times)

Offline BTW

• Silver Member
Rubber Bullets
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2005, 03:17:05 PM »
I take that back. Apparently , a ki84 can take a lot of hits and drip fuel for a long long time. If you haven't seen Wilbus' film in the training section, you need to check it out. Its amazing and quite dramatic.

Offline lasersailor184

• Plutonium Member
Rubber Bullets
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2005, 03:21:55 PM »
or why i would take invisible hits (no sprites on my film) from a guy shooting a good 75+ yds behind where i am?

That's because on his computer you are 75 yards behind where you think you are.

You call yourself a great pilot and you haven't figured this out yet?
Punishr - N.D.M. Back in the air.
8.) Lasersailor 73 "Will lead the impending revolution from his keyboard"

Offline Mugzeee

• Silver Member
Rubber Bullets
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2005, 03:33:59 PM »
Originally posted by lasersailor184

And how does this have anything to do with being a good fighter pilot? :rolleyes:

Offline Magoo

• Copper Member
Rubber Bullets
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2005, 03:50:17 PM »
For what it's worth - I've gotten hits but no sprites just puffs of small debris, which is a recent addition to AH. I've also gotten no sprites and no puffs but gotten kills. What I've noticed flying the Yak9T lately is that  on Snapshots I get a sprite (or 2) but no BOOM. Apparently the puny peashooter mounted in the cowling is landing hits but incapable of causing much damage while the bad guy is flying between the 37MM flaming Coconuts of Death (low rate of fire on that thing compounded by different ballistics).  These may be some of your problems MegaDud. Or it could be something else....

BTW, on a side note, there's nothing like killing an entire formation of B24s in one pass in the Yak9T:D

Magoo
A bandit on your six is better than no bandit at all!

Offline lasersailor184

• Plutonium Member
Rubber Bullets
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2005, 03:54:36 PM »
Well, you shouldn't be firing different types of rounds at the same time.

They have different ballistics.  Just because your MG is hitting, doesn't mean that your 37mm is going to even come close to hitting.

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
Rubber Bullets
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2005, 04:08:37 PM »
Originally posted by Karnak
I'm betting .303s, not rubber bullets.

:p

I never 100% bought into the "rubber bullet" stuff until right after the last patch.  I was point blank on a LaLa in a Ki-84 on his 6. Drained my last 20 some odd rounds of 20mm and well over 150 rounds of mg into him with no effect. The problem with the "rubber bullet" syndrome for me is it hasnt been consistant.  One thing I did notice last night when I followed Stang into a furball, both of us in Ki 84s. He made a comment on range about the " damn rubber bullets" at the same time I was pooring rounds into a Hog with no effect and thinking the same thing.

I have no film either but Ill work on that.

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Rubber Bullets
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2005, 04:12:49 PM »
Originally posted by Magoo

BTW, on a side note, there's nothing like killing an entire formation of B24s in one pass in the Yak9T:D

Magoo

Well add a B17 and a lanc formation then land your 9 kills :D
And btw never fire your MG with the 37mm.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Rubber Bullets
« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2005, 04:21:16 PM »
In AW there was a lot of problems with rubber bullets because the game showed you both the hits that only your FE saw and what the host saw.  So AW had the option to disable Local Hits (the hits only your FE saw) which only showed the hits the host was able to see.  Maybe AH has local hits too and that is what you're seeing sometimes.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
Rubber Bullets
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2005, 04:24:42 PM »
Naaaaw, it`s top secret and HT can`t talk about it yet.
  Only thing that can be said is that it is a testing ground for B.F. Goodrich`s  new radial ammo. :)
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
Rubber Bullets
« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2005, 04:32:15 PM »
Any chance SAVIS is taking the real bullits out of our packetts while they are passing through their routers and replacing them with duds?:D <---------joking uphimism here........:cool:
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Online Shane

• Platinum Member
Rubber Bullets
« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2005, 05:13:53 PM »
Originally posted by lasersailor184

oh i've figured this one out a long time ago, my point was why no sprites on my end/film. i'm effectively receiving no feedback i'm taking hits until after the damage is already way done.

to know approximately how far the other guy may be requires knowing his connection, i.e., latency, even then it's harder to fight someone who has a higher latency than yourself. (think on that and see if you can figure out why).

it didn't use to be this way until the huge increase in player base came about.  so what changed?
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
Rubber Bullets
« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2005, 05:28:43 PM »
Originally posted by bustr
Any chance SAVIS is taking the real bullits out of our packetts while they are passing through their routers and replacing them with duds?:D <---------joking uphimism here........:cool:

ROFLMAO, that *must* be it!!!
21 is only half the truth.

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
Rubber Bullets
« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2005, 07:55:04 PM »
I've only had rubber bullets once; the time my connection was crapping out.
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline lasersailor184

• Plutonium Member
Rubber Bullets
« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2005, 08:36:00 PM »
to know approximately how far the other guy may be requires knowing his connection, i.e., latency, even then it's harder to fight someone who has a higher latency than yourself. (think on that and see if you can figure out why).

No, that's a common misconception.  And since you're very common :D  I can see how it will trip you up.

It's not like playing on a 14 baud modem will give you god mode.  All of the planes flying around him will be jumping around like crazy.  Any slight change in flight path you make will be a huge jump on his end.  Not to mention packet loss...

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
Rubber Bullets
« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2005, 09:34:42 PM »
RUBBER  RUBBER CURE YOUR RUBBER BULLETS from a guy thats been there with a pi$$ poor weak system.....

Assuming you have have a fps of 35+ in "blue sky", if you ain't your DOOOOOOMED.  You have no option other than an a upgrade but still try the following.. step bt step.  An appropriate analogy.... "Correctly set the foundation bricks when biulding a house"

1) Set desk top resolution the same as AH resolution. Right click desk top.
2) Set Monitor hzt as high as it will go.  Usually find it by right click on desk top then settings then monitor.  Override it and make it so.
3)Right click desk top settings then vid card.  Make Vsync "ON BY DEFAULT" it is a MUST.
4) Add more system memory on the appropriate TAB usually double what it's set at.
5)Set vid card to "MAX RERFORMANCE" on all TABS and NOT "best quality"......performancs performance performance I stress PERFORMANCE... screw quality.
6) In game go set up vidio and move quality slider up a little .....I'm sure theres more but it's alte and i'm faling asleep   Good Luck.