Author Topic: Excuse me if im wrong but...  (Read 3551 times)

Offline culero

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Excuse me if im wrong but...
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2005, 08:37:59 PM »
Originally posted by Ack-Ack
They also help their squad CO, Who7 vulch a 2nd account.

Who7? The same Who7 who was a trainer at AW?

Surely not.

culero
“Before we're done with them, the Japanese language will be spoken only in Hell!” - Adm. William F. "Bull" Halsey

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2005, 10:05:12 PM »
Don't think it's the same one, I'm pretty sure that he's not.  Who7 in AW was a good pilot and not someone prone to gaming games.  None of the traits this Who7 carries.  

To be fair, this Who7 might not be vulching a 2nd account but getting almost 50 C-47 kills in a night is kind of suspicious or he got really lucky and a spy told him where a massive C-47 mission was upping.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Sloehand

• Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2005, 01:24:19 AM »
Originally posted by KONG1
I feel sort of silly posting the glaringly obvious but

You guys are doing exactly what Liam wants you to, you are all being pwned by Liam.

Psych 101.  He likes the attention. Liam could up from different base after a few vulches but doesnt. hmmmmlets think about this.duhhh. 3 guys vulch him for 10 minutes, thats 10 minutes of attention for Liam.  Look at all the attention hes getting in this thread.

Kong, I understand exactly what you are saying, and to a degree it does play into his need for attention.  But frankly, I don't give a damn. He also had a need to fly his airplane so he can do what he really likes, which is screwing with everyone else's fun.
Yes, he got attention, but after the first 5 or so minutes it was not the kind of attention he really wanted.  He whined, threatened, and baited everyone in an effort to get back into the air.  Eventually, he just left which, given such a person does not change his behavior, is exactly what I want at that point.  No more Liam, and the rest of us enjoyed the evening in the DA.  Also haven't seen him in there today.  People do many bad things to get attention, but you don't let them get away with it simply because it feeds that need.  You give him the kind of attention that he will come to hate and will change his behavior.  In this case, the change of behavior was him wanting to stay in the DA.  Someday, maybe (but I seriously doubt it) he'll change his ways and leave people alone when the don't want to be screwed with.

So, I'll restate my response choices to Liam's action of the past three days.

1. try to ignore him, but continue to get shot down while dueling someone else, get vulched off the runway, and generally have my evening ruined and my blood pressure explode.  All the while, he is still enjoying the hell out of it whether I react or not.

2. Leave the DA where I and my friends are playing and have every right to expect an enjoyable environment to play in.  Believe me, that will never happen.  I will never give up my space and my rights to anyone who behaves that way.  To me THAT is running away like a coward.  To have someone chase you out of the DA with bad behavior is completely unconscionable.  To paraphrase, "for bad people to do evil, good people must do nothing"

3. Take some action to resolve the situation in the most favorable way, which in this case, really leaves only responding in kind to the point of overwhelming him with the hope that a reasonable person will realize his mistake and change his behavior, but in the lessor objective, stop his disruption any way I can.

I chose #3 and will always choose it.  I try to be reasonable first and I will assume alot of grief before I react, but once I do, I never back down.  I know that, if you look at it in black and white, I am in the right and he is not.
Jagdgeschwader 77

"You sleep safe in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do you harm."  - George Orwell
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2005, 02:24:51 AM »
Sloe pretty much covered it:aok

Offline KONG1

• Silver Member
« Reply #34 on: July 28, 2005, 01:05:03 PM »
Sloe,

You are under the impression that you punished him and this caused him to run away.  You simply satiated his need for attention.  His complaining and whining about you acting like him just got him more attention.  You did not stop him from flying, he could have easily moved over one base and upped a jet or a rocket and harassed you guys some more.  No need, he worked you like a puppet and got his fix.  Look at this way: he kept poking you with his little donut until you wacked him off. Satisfied he went away.

If hes gone now, its not that you ran him off, hard to do when you give him what he wants.  Hes just somewhere else, kicking over sandcastles, pulling girls hair, and griefing other gamers.  

Your retaliatory pavlovian response seems to be pervasive in human society.  Your behavior was as bad as his was unless you believe in the Mommy he did it first excuse.

He cut me off so I zoomed in front of him and slammed on the brakes.
Jerk pulled out in front of me so I tailgated him.
Chef spits in food because customer sends back a steak.
Girlfriend keys your car because you were talking to another girl.
Yada yada yada.

You wrote I try to be reasonable first and I will assume alot of grief before I react, but once I do, I never back down. I know that, if you look at it in black and white, I am in the right and he is not.

What you are talking about is vigilantism. Who made you the judge of black and white in a grayscale world. HTC is the sheriff in this county and you have not been deputized.

Ask Palestinians why they blow up Israelis they will say (see quote above)
Ask Israelis why they blow up Palestinians they will say (see quote above)
(Just a philosophical point, not trying to compare war to computer game purse fights.)

You left out the correct option: Film it, send it in. Just sayin..:cool:
“It’s good to be King” - Mel Brooks

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: July 28, 2005, 02:01:21 PM »
KONG1 ... nothing but psycho babble.

You are under the impression that you punished him and this caused him to run away. You simply satiated his need for attention. His complaining and whining about you acting like him just got him more attention. You did not stop him from flying, he could have easily moved over one base and upped a jet or a rocket and harassed you guys some more.

But he didn't ... he logged cause he knew that no matter where he went or came from ... he was surely to die a qucik death.

If hes gone now, its not that you ran him off, hard to do when you give him what he wants. Hes just somewhere else, kicking over sandcastles, pulling girls hair, and griefing other gamers.

Wrong ... he does what he does cause there is no real danger of physical repercussion. If he is out wrecking sandcastles, pulling hair ... he just might get a real bellybutton beating ... the likes of him wouldn't risk it.

Your retaliatory pavlovian response seems to be pervasive in human society. Your behavior was as bad as his was unless you believe in the Mommy he did it first excuse.

LOL ... maybe you could start a morning TV show like Dr. Phil ... although he probably would recommend to kick his bellybutton too.

What you are talking about is vigilantism. Who made you the judge of black and white in a grayscale world. HTC is the sheriff in this county and you have not been deputized.

Geeesh ... wrong again ... its ... "you screw with me too much and your screwing with the wrong person". Nobody, and I mean nobody, has the right to harass people and fully expect not to being on the recieving end of some sort of counter-action ... regardless if the Sheriff is in town or not.

Vigilatism is basically acting on someone elses behalf ... Sloe was the one harrassed ... he did something about it. That is not a case of vigilantism.

Your insinuating that the rest of us don't really know how to handle a situation such as this. The Sheriff (HTC and HT) read this board religiously and this is not the first thread on this topic ... no need to send all sorts of films in. If they are reading, they simple need to log in under a shade account, go to the DA a couple of nights a week to see whats going on ... then they will see.

I would be more than happy to have the Sheriff and/or his deputies deal with the bad guys ... but this guy Liam ... as far as I have seen and/or read, needs the snot beat out of him ... thats what the likes of him understand ... simple as that.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline SuperDud

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: July 28, 2005, 02:48:06 PM »
Originally posted by KONG1

I disagree with this. The MA, CT and TA have mods, trainers, etc and therefore are "policed" by HTC and crew. The DA is lawless, no one is there to make people behave so people have to take it upon themselves to stop it. I'm all for sloehand and what he does. I don't think it's right that 1 kids can ruin the fun for the other 10 people in there. If 2 of those 10 decide to stop the guy so the rest can have fun, I'm behind them 100%. If you are correct KONG and he wants the attention, then I'd be more than willing to give it to him because I know A) I'm helping the large group have fun. B) I'm enjoying killing the SOB myself C) It helps me work on my aim. I spend a large amount of time in there and can tell you everyone plays nice and you only get the "treatment" if you're being an arse. I don't think it has anything it has anything to do with your "mommy he did it 1st" idea, it's more of the "I won't let 1 jerk ruin it for the rest of us".
SuperDud
++Blue Knights++

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #37 on: July 28, 2005, 05:01:00 PM »
Originally posted by SlapShot

LOL ... maybe you could start a morning TV show like Dr. Phil ... although he probably would recommend to kick his bellybutton too.

That line makes reading this thread worthwhile.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #38 on: July 28, 2005, 08:17:41 PM »
KONG1 ... nothing but psycho babble.

Yep.

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: July 28, 2005, 08:28:52 PM »
I've seen this Liam guy in the DA do this repeatedly.  When you retaliate he whines so much and in such high pitched sqeaks it's frikkin hillarious.  

He has a buddy, Kid11, who does this all the time as well.  When kid was being a typical teenage tard and vulching everyone in his Tempest, I did the same thing as Slo and vulched him until I could feel the hate coming from him.  However, I told him I'd let him up if he would promise to up and fly by the standards of the DA and not vulch.  So what does he do?  Grabs another Tempest and starts vulching everyone again.  I proceeded to not let his wheels get in the air after that, and in a couple minutes he logged.  It's the only way to deal with these lamers.

Dr. Phil

Offline KONG1

• Silver Member
« Reply #40 on: July 29, 2005, 12:28:49 AM »
Far be it from me to mess up a good thing.  Sounds like we got us a win-win situation here.  Liam gets the attention he craves and you guys get to feel heroic, valiantly defending your turf with self-righteous zeal and gallant bravado. Carry on.

Dr. Phil Good

PS Slashgo to your room..NOW!

Offline Wolfala

• Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: July 29, 2005, 12:55:04 AM »
Kong,

lets pretend for a moment that I am Liam, and you are....you.

I meet you on a street corner. I punch you in the face and break your nose. What is the logical response according to what you wrote?

Yes of course, I punch you again, and this time break your jaw. And continue, breaking it this time in several places, followed by concussion, detached retina...  Get the point?

I crave attention, yes. And i'm not getting it from you, so I continue punching you, getting an occasional kick to the balls in - all this time you keep ignoring me, while your medical bills skyrocket and you coax yrself with the singsong notion that "if you ignore me, i'll get bored and stop on my own."

Right?

Maybe, but not in the neighborhood I grew up in.

Wolf

the best cure for "wife ack" is to deploy chaff:    $...$$....$....$$$.....$ .....$$$.....$ ....$$

Offline KONG1

• Silver Member
« Reply #42 on: July 29, 2005, 08:50:58 AM »
Wolf,

This has nothing to do with self-defense against violence and physical injury.

A good comparison:

While Little Johnnys siblings try to watch the TV Little Johnny dances around like a chicken in their line of sight and sings la-la-ti-da at the top of his lungs. In retaliation when Little Johnny is trying to watch his favorite show they all dance around like chickens and sing la-la-ti-da. Mom would have been happy to give Little Johnny some alone time but instead we get the dance of the singing chickens. Dad walks in the room sees all the prancing children, shakes his head, and goes back to the garage where he belongs.

Like I said before, they all seem to be getting something out of it and nobodys getting hurt.  Children will be children, let them play.

Dr. Phil Good - providing high quality psycho-babble since 1978
« Last Edit: July 29, 2005, 09:21:59 AM by KONG1 »

Offline Trippy

• Zinc Member
« Reply #43 on: July 29, 2005, 09:14:34 AM »
you lost me at singing chickens:)

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: July 29, 2005, 09:53:38 AM »
Using the johnny analogy, it's more liek johnny is standing behind his siblings rapping on their heads with a spoon while they're trying to watch TV.

Instead of crying for mommy who's busy in the kitchen making dinner or daddy who's busy in the garage and is "not to be bothered or else" - what happens is big brother turns around and puts lil johnny in his place by sitting on him and making him regret being such a little ass.  then everyone goes back to watching their program.  

the only "mistake" in handling lil johnny is by bringing it here to the forums - i.e. the attention factor.  in the DA itself, the only way to ignore him would be to log, which would only provide him with the ultimate victory and reinforce the concept that bullying works.
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798