Author Topic: A well regulated militia...  (Read 4859 times)

Offline Mighty1

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
A well regulated militia...
« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2001, 08:55:00 AM »
I blame the Democrats and WB.
I have been reborn a new man!

Notice I never said a better man.

Offline blur

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2001, 09:02:00 AM »
Leonid,  freedom, equality, respect and responsibility are ideals only. Let's look at "what-is":

Let's take a hypothetical child, we'll call him Sam. Sam emerges into the world at birth, gets a slap on the ass, gets bundled up and placed in a crib under a bright light like a "Whopper" under the heat lamps at Burger King. Welcome to Earth!

Sam's mother decides not to breast feed because she intends to go back to work in 90 days. Sam will be cast about with various relatives until he can enter a proper day care center.

Anthropologists studying native people have found that the infant never leaves its mothers presence. The first seven years of life are critical for forming the foundation of security that's absolutely necessary to lead a healthy existence.

Once Sam starts school he's thrown into a cookie cutter system which will shape him to become a future corporate cube drone. To do this individuality and initiative are squashed. Regimentation and repetitive memorization are the order of the day. Sam is also taught to compete and compare himself with others, which further degrades his self-esteem.

Sam's larger world consists of a dysfunctional government, which develops new types of germ warfare, stockpiles nuclear weapons and spends billions on Missile Defense Systems. Sam's country also routinely executes its citizens teaching the lesson that life is cheap.

So far I've been describing a healthy child. Let's throw alcoholic and/or abusive parents into the mix.

You see, our society creates these little monsters but we don't have the courage to really look at ourselves. We'd rather blame guns and install metal detectors at school entrances. We then send these kids off to do adult time in prison. What kind of a walking nightmare will emerge from the prison system after these youngsters have spent their formative years with criminals as role models!

Sturm

« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2001, 09:18:00 AM »
Originally posted by Raubvogel:
On a side note: Cigarettes kill 400,000 people every year in the United States. Let's ban them while we're at it.

Just quit smoking this week after 2 years of doing it.  

The problem arises from the family structure we have today.  DO to the double icome and the womans influx into the job market, who/what is teaching our children the morals and guidace they so desperately need at home?  I asked my mother about this and she whole heartedly agrees the woman needs to stay at home and watch the children and taking on a lesser role in the work environment.  As she says when your children are gone and out of the house then you can think about yourself and go on with your life.  What we have now has evolved into this explosive debate on equal rights and women's lib.  They feel compelled now to succeed, to show that it was for a reason.  Do I look down upon a woman that stays home and watches the family?  not in the least bit I have more respect for them, for it is a much harder job then our standard 9-5 job.  It is a 24 hour job.  It might sound like I have old school values, but I am only 28 and saw the trend that has led to what we see today, it started with the freshman class as I was graduating High School.  Gangsters being glorified on MTV and the news and movies is this really what we want our children to become?  You see it now with their baggy jeans and their music.  I know the old adage you kids listening to that crazy rock and roll, but did it ever have in the lyric's about killing the cops or raping women?  From what I see we turn our headds to this as if it doesn't exist, it does and frankly I am ashamed sometimes to live in this country.  I served for the military, and it increased the love I had for this country, but the people are somewhat a farce as to what this country really is.  face it banning guns won't stop crimes but make it easier for the criminals to commit them.  Why don't you head to the upper peninsula of Michigan and tell them they have to get rid of their guns.  LOL the highest per household of guns in the US is up there, and Michigan has the largst militia in the US as well.  Least thats what I read about the militia.  Only thing that will solve crimes is to either get rid of the good samaritan crap the courts give out, aka getting out on good behavior award.  Harsh sentences for crimes, "Death Penalty should not take 10-15 years" A weekly prison drawing your name comes up you get to play russian roulette.  Crimes commited while insame, easy fix put them out of their mysery.  Remember guns don't kill people, people kill people with guns.      

------------------
Sturm6 StaffelKapitän
JV44 Platzschutzstaffel
Airfield Defense Squadron

Offline MrBill

• Nickel Member
« Reply #33 on: March 23, 2001, 09:22:00 AM »
Wooo Wooo! Oh Boy, and I just bought a new lawn chair  
It's been a while since there has been a good opinion and statistics (read facts twisted to support anyone's point of view) thread in the oclub.
  New Mexico passed a concealed weapons law recently crime rates are already dropping.
  That would make a person think if they did not have a pre-disposed agenda to fight for  
  I urge both sides to keep up the fight, for right, truth, justice, and the American way or repression, control of those you disagree with, alibing the human factor out of the equation etc. etc.  but most of all for my amusement  

PS some good arguments above, how about some good solutions?  

------------------
OhNooo
smile awhile

[This message has been edited by MrBill (edited 03-23-2001).]
We do not stop playing because we grow old
We grow old because we stop playing

Sturm

« Reply #34 on: March 23, 2001, 09:31:00 AM »
Riding my ZX-6R in Arizona with a Glock on my side made motorists think twice when I passed them to mess with me, or the pack.  Felt kind of weird though pack of 8 and 6 of us had guns on our sides.  Ah the good old days.  Never used it but I did use my kickstand on a guys mirror once doing 70 on the highway.  Kept the kick stand in my back pocket, simple bolt you unscrewed voila instant road jack bellybutton deterent.  Another nice trick is to keep a pocket full of change, makes a nice shiney rain of change on someones hood.  Did this do to a pickup truck tailgateing a friends back tire at 2 feet doing 75 on the highway.  I am sure you would ask why didn't he move or accelerate away?  Simple reason we were boxed in and Speed limit in AZ is 75.  Needless to say 75-100 pennies will do some severe hood damage when you pass him doing over 100.        

------------------
Sturm6 StaffelKapitän
JV44 Platzschutzstaffel

Offline MrBill

• Nickel Member
« Reply #35 on: March 23, 2001, 09:50:00 AM »
deleted

[This message has been edited by MrBill (edited 03-23-2001).]

Offline MrBill

• Nickel Member
« Reply #36 on: March 23, 2001, 09:51:00 AM »

Originally posted by Thud:
In this case the majority has to give up their rights but get more safety in return.

"Those who would give up any essential measure of freedom for some perceived safety deserve neither freedom nor safety."
Benjamin Franklin

------------------
OhNooo
smile awhile

Offline MrBill

• Nickel Member
« Reply #37 on: March 23, 2001, 09:53:00 AM »
OOps

------------------
OhNooo
smile awhile

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #38 on: March 23, 2001, 10:34:00 AM »
What about our society has created this?
What is it about American values, American principles, that has breeded this very disturbing sociopathic trait?

And if nothing is done to explore, understand, and cure this sociological flaw in America, then I'm afraid to think of what new, and more horrible direction this trait will evolve into ...
====================
You have asked the question that no one seems to be able or want to answer.

I believe that we as a nation have largely abandoned the values that once made us a great nation.  A belief in God and Christ.

I know people hate to hear this but its the one thing I keep coming back to.  

Yeager
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline sling322

• Gold Member
« Reply #39 on: March 23, 2001, 10:58:00 AM »

Originally posted by Raubvogel:
And I'm sure that when they ban guns, all the criminals will walk right up and hand theirs over.  

No one wants to take responsiblity for the circumstances that lead to people commiting violent crimes. Everyone wants to push the blame onto an inanimate object.

Preach on brother Raubvogel.  This issue is one that will be debated for a long time.  I personally own 2 firearms.  One is a 20 gauge shotgun that I use for dove and quail hunting and shooting skeet from time to time and the other is a semi-antique 44 magnum pistol that I hardly ever fire.  Saying that guns are the cause is just a cop-out.  There is more to this than just a gun being involved....people need to take responsibility for their actions and place the blame where it belongs.

------------------
Sling322
Not a Monitor!
Fat Drunk Bastards

Sturm

« Reply #40 on: March 23, 2001, 11:03:00 AM »
I don't believe in God but I believe in myself.  I do not pressure anyone nor do I like to be pressured on this issue.  Believing in God was a motivator of fear.  Fear in what would happen to you when you passed on.  Now that people analyze it and comes to their own conclusions they feel there is no suffering in the afterlife.  Morals have been shot to hell, TV evangelists IMO have ruined it looking only for money and not the true meaning of the church.  Right there is the main key why I stopped believing.  Was a Presbyterian going to a catholic grade school, in 6th grade the pastor left the PB and we got a new one, father was high in the church and he got wind of what was going on in a meeting.  All they cared about was the money in essence.  My father left and it left a bitter pill for me to swallow.  The church has always been about money/politics/power going back 1000's of years.  The answer is not God, but the individual to take upon himself the responsibility to do good.  Remember no one made you jump off that bridge, or pull that trigger.  Just seems some are lacking in the Noggen department.  

------------------
Sturm6 StaffelKapitän
JV44 Platzschutzstaffel

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
« Reply #41 on: March 23, 2001, 12:04:00 PM »
Wobble - I'd like to say your myopic viewpoint surprises me, but sadly it doesn't.

It is a know fact that GB and the whole of that area distorts and ourtight LIE about their crime stats to such a degree to make one wonder why its not a crime.

A fact you provide not a shred of dispassionate evidence to substantiate? A letter from an aggrieved English gun owner does not really count. Find me information from an objective source, preferably a UN affiliated organisation dealing with crime statistics and I might start to take you seriously. If you don't believe UK crime reports, why should I believe US statistics?

[This message has been edited by Dowding (edited 03-23-2001).]
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: March 23, 2001, 12:07:00 PM »
I don't believe in God but I believe in myself
====
I make no claims one way or the other.  All I point out is that for better or for worse, America was founded with divine inspiration and guidance.

Today I believe that the majority has rejected
that guidance and inspiration and I simply correlate this to our current condition as a society.  I feel it is no coincidence that we are in such a terrible moral condition in these modern times.

That is all.

Y
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Sturm

« Reply #43 on: March 23, 2001, 12:21:00 PM »
Yeager, I would have to agree, if it meant more stability then I would be all for it.  I think we all know what is actually the root of the problem.  I won't say it in here but only to family and friends.

------------------
Sturm6 StaffelKapitän
JV44 Platzschutzstaffel

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #44 on: March 23, 2001, 12:44:00 PM »
i don't understand how we can have shooting at schools , everyone knows it's against the law for anyone to bring a gun on school grounds.By the why, it's against the law to shoot people also.
44MAG